do you think that nintendo will create a new ip this gen??

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. do you think that nintendo will create a new ip this gen??
3 years ago#1
and i mean something like smash bros on n64 (and a successful one)...... not something like wii sports....
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
3 years ago#2
They already created it. It's called "Firmware".
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
3 years ago#3
Why bother? Any time they make a new IP everyone goes "NOT HARDCOREZ! DO NOT WANT!" and shuns Nintendo more.
3 years ago#4
The create a new ip every Gen. So I don't see why they wouldn't this time.
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
3 years ago#5
First off, Wii Sports is the most successful new IP Nintendo's ever had.

Second, Nintendo's launched 75 new IP's in the last decade. I don't see that changing.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
3 years ago#6
They don't need to. Just revive old IPs and reinvent them (ala everysinglefirst3dgameofanintendofranchise)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
3 years ago#7
It would be cool.
P.S. What does IP actually mean. I know you guys refer to it as a new franchise. After looking it up, I found a few different things:
Internet Protocol (which gets the most love),
INTL PAPER (not sure what that means), and
Intellectual Property (this I think fits the most). Could somebody please enlighten me?
3 years ago#8
darkjedilink posted...
First off, Wii Sports is the most successful new IP Nintendo's ever had.

Second, Nintendo's launched 75 new IP's in the last decade. I don't see that changing.

wow people on thos board sometimes get overly defensive....i dont care if it is successful ....i am looking for something that feels like an actual game

i was more talking about something like ....mario...metriod....zelda

just maybe a diffrent genre
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
3 years ago#9
They create a lot of new IPs. Too bad we'll never see them because vibrator jokes are not considered kid friendly over here. <_<
3 years ago#10
It depends on what you mean by "something like Smash Bros. and not like Wii Sports". Do you mean is Nintendo making another crossover franchise? Probably not.
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. do you think that nintendo will create a new ip this gen??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived