do you think that nintendo will create a new ip this gen??

#1creep50Posted 12/7/2012 5:34:19 PM
and i mean something like smash bros on n64 (and a successful one)...... not something like wii sports....
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#2LinetrixPosted 12/7/2012 5:35:26 PM(edited)
They already created it. It's called "Firmware".
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#3GM_Posted 12/7/2012 5:35:24 PM
Why bother? Any time they make a new IP everyone goes "NOT HARDCOREZ! DO NOT WANT!" and shuns Nintendo more.
#4zaakroPosted 12/7/2012 5:35:54 PM
The create a new ip every Gen. So I don't see why they wouldn't this time.
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#5darkjedilinkPosted 12/7/2012 5:36:47 PM
First off, Wii Sports is the most successful new IP Nintendo's ever had.

Second, Nintendo's launched 75 new IP's in the last decade. I don't see that changing.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#6MelkacPosted 12/7/2012 5:41:42 PM
They don't need to. Just revive old IPs and reinvent them (ala everysinglefirst3dgameofanintendofranchise)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#7pheran94Posted 12/7/2012 5:42:26 PM
It would be cool.
P.S. What does IP actually mean. I know you guys refer to it as a new franchise. After looking it up, I found a few different things:
Internet Protocol (which gets the most love),
INTL PAPER (not sure what that means), and
Intellectual Property (this I think fits the most). Could somebody please enlighten me?
#8creep50(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 5:42:47 PM
darkjedilink posted...
First off, Wii Sports is the most successful new IP Nintendo's ever had.

Second, Nintendo's launched 75 new IP's in the last decade. I don't see that changing.

wow people on thos board sometimes get overly defensive....i dont care if it is successful ....i am looking for something that feels like an actual game

i was more talking about something like ....mario...metriod....zelda

just maybe a diffrent genre
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#9TediousMattPosted 12/7/2012 5:50:37 PM
They create a lot of new IPs. Too bad we'll never see them because vibrator jokes are not considered kid friendly over here. <_<
#10jakestar0306Posted 12/7/2012 6:05:08 PM
It depends on what you mean by "something like Smash Bros. and not like Wii Sports". Do you mean is Nintendo making another crossover franchise? Probably not.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.