do you think that nintendo will create a new ip this gen??

#31creep50(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:44:47 AM
McmadnessV3 posted...
Hitagi posted...
No. Recent years have made it painfully clear that Nintendo's studios are creatively bankrupt and/or too scared to take a risk.

Oh yeah, Nintendo never takes risks. I mean Other M trying to delve more into the plot of the metroid series? It didn't exactly pan out as well as it could have but the fact remains they took a risk. And look at skyward sword, it took a risk with its new control scheme that was different from what came before enough that it alienated a few people. Or the new Paper Mario, (or SPM as well) were much different then what came before. I can name various other examples as well, but the fact remains they still take risks. And they still try new things.

umm thats all fine but i think he meant that nintendo dosnt take many risks with a new ip

not that it dosnt take one with its already successful franchise
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#32pikachupwnagePosted 12/8/2012 8:46:37 AM
Nintendo land
Pushmo
Rolling western
Steel diver
Sakura samurai
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#33McmadnessV3Posted 12/8/2012 8:49:35 AM
creep50 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
Hitagi posted...
No. Recent years have made it painfully clear that Nintendo's studios are creatively bankrupt and/or too scared to take a risk.

Oh yeah, Nintendo never takes risks. I mean Other M trying to delve more into the plot of the metroid series? It didn't exactly pan out as well as it could have but the fact remains they took a risk. And look at skyward sword, it took a risk with its new control scheme that was different from what came before enough that it alienated a few people. Or the new Paper Mario, (or SPM as well) were much different then what came before. I can name various other examples as well, but the fact remains they still take risks. And they still try new things.

umm thats all fine but i think he meant that nintendo dosnt take many risks with a new ip

not that it dosnt take one with its already successful franchise

Which is why there have already been like 5 new IPs in the last coupe of years?
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#34Pyro76Posted 12/8/2012 8:53:21 AM(edited)
All these posts and no Xenoblade Chronicles? Why?

This was Nintendo's latest big IP and don't even try to deny this.

You deny Monolith Soft as part of Nintendo, it's like saying you are denying Retro as being a part of Nintendo.

They are first party devs just like Sora and Intelligent Systems.
---
Sin & Punishment - Star Successor Record Holder (Stage 7)
Currently playing: New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story
#35AsuirPosted 12/8/2012 8:54:55 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
Nintendo land
Pushmo
Rolling western
Steel diver
Sakura samurai

Besides Nintendo Land, what the **** is any of this ****?
---
Ftw!
#36Pyro76Posted 12/8/2012 8:55:49 AM
Also to add to my post, Monolith is bring a "New IP" to the Wii U, and they have been working on this for 2 years.

And let's not forget that Monolith made "Disaster: Day of Crisis." Anyone remember THAT one?
---
Currently playing: New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story
#37creep50(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 6:11:38 PM
Pyro76 posted...
Also to add to my post, Monolith is bring a "New IP" to the Wii U, and they have been working on this for 2 years.

And let's not forget that Monolith made "Disaster: Day of Crisis." Anyone remember THAT one?

it might be a new ip for nintendo but it is not exactly a nintendo developed game

so yeah...
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#38Pyro76Posted 12/8/2012 7:04:43 PM(edited)
creep50 posted...
Pyro76 posted...

it might be a new ip for nintendo but it is not exactly a nintendo developed game

so yeah...

No, because they are first party. Do you know how first party devs work? Nintendo has tons of other Nintendo subsidaries. Monolith, Retro, Intelligent Systems, Sora, HAL Laboratory, Nintendo EAD.....they all fall under the same category.

And adding to that, Monolith helped co-developed:

Smash Bros Brawl
Zelda Skyward Sword
Animal Crossing New Leaf
---
#39DemonDog666Posted 12/8/2012 7:07:36 PM
darkjedilink posted...
First off, Wii Sports is the most successful new IP Nintendo's ever had.

Second, Nintendo's launched 75 new IP's in the last decade. I don't see that changing.

Producing isn't creating it's distributing. And they haven't made a decent one since gamecube (which was less then a decade ago.)
#40DemonDog666Posted 12/8/2012 7:08:51 PM
Oh and to TC no I don't.