do you think that nintendo will create a new ip this gen??

#41nintendogamer13Posted 12/8/2012 8:10:28 PM
darkjedilink posted...
First off, Wii Sports is the most successful new IP Nintendo's ever had.

Second, Nintendo's launched 75 new IP's in the last decade. I don't see that changing.

Wii Sports sold so well....BECAUSE IT WAS PACKAGED WITH THE WII!
#42wolverinerob79Posted 12/8/2012 8:13:01 PM
I love Nintendo and I love SSB, but is SSB really an example of IP? It's putting all their other IP in an arena (arena games precede Nintendo and Sony's got their own now too) really an IP on its own?

To answer your question, no, and they don't need to. It's a rich enough library I would be happy with one game of each of their existing lines.
#43FeiBenaresPosted 12/8/2012 8:13:46 PM
yup
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Currently playing: Tales of Phantasia (GBA), Animal Crossing (DS)
#441shadetail1Posted 12/8/2012 8:14:31 PM
nintendogamer13 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
First off, Wii Sports is the most successful new IP Nintendo's ever had.

Second, Nintendo's launched 75 new IP's in the last decade. I don't see that changing.

Wii Sports sold so well....BECAUSE IT WAS PACKAGED WITH THE WII!

No, actually, it was packaged with the Wii only at launch, and only in North America. Over in Japan, for instance, it was never packaged with the Wii, and it was still one of the hottest sellers for several years.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#45flagg2kplusPosted 12/8/2012 8:16:49 PM
Nintendo do something new with video games?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The only "new" things Nintendo does is find ways to make a crappier new home console.
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#46SteamedRicePosted 12/8/2012 8:27:59 PM
Nintendo land a new IP??? LOL

It's a bunch of minigames and music from all their IPs aka zelda, metroid, fzero etc
#47HerPandaPosted 12/8/2012 8:51:00 PM
The Wonderful 101

While P* may be developing, I'm pretty darn sure Nintendo owns the IP rights. Same with

The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Dillon's Rolling Western
and Sakura Samurai,

all of those are Nintendo IPs developed by 3rd parites. I think Pushmo/Crashmo might actually be dev'd and owned by Nintendo though, I don't know. Monolith is owned by Nintendo, so Xenoblade Chronicles is both dev'd and owned by Nintendo, so there's that.

What you're asking for is pretty vague, I'm guessing you mean "Nintendo studios develop new IPs", because Nintendo cranks out new IPs out all of the time. They have so many that they actually outsource some of their big IPs to third parties (ex. F-Zero GX by Sega, Star Fox Assault by Namco, LoZ Minish Cap by Capcom). If you can accept the bigger titles being developed by 3rd parties AND still being Nintedo IPs, there's no reason to disregard new IPs developed by 3rd parties and still being Nintendo IPs.

So yeah, Wonderful 101. If you're actually looking for a new gaming experience similar to a "new IP", I suggest you stop waiting and buy some indie games and retail sleeper hits. You have a computer, and that's all you really need.
#48SMT_MasochistPosted 12/8/2012 9:41:21 PM
Their last new IP was what...Pikimin? Don't try to count all those Mario spinoff sport games. WiiSports was a tech demo.

The real question is...will they drastically change the gameplay of one of their existing IP's? Mario 64 was drastic. TooT was drastic although it just followed Mario. Prime was drastic. What more can they do? They have platformer, 3D action adventure, shooter, fighter, Srpg (FE) and racer. They have everything covered. If the masses can just see beyond the Mario kiddy aura the games are really good.
---
Games: WO3, Ragnarok, BLOPS2, AC3, PS Allstars, BM:AC, ZombiU
PS3/Vita/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398
#49pikachupwnagePosted 12/8/2012 9:43:29 PM
Asuir posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Nintendo land
Pushmo
Rolling western
Steel diver
Sakura samurai

Besides Nintendo Land, what the **** is any of this ****?

First party games on 3DS e-shop
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#50Wiiplayer111Posted 12/8/2012 9:46:31 PM
*Nintendo takes risk.*
Fans: OMG WHERES MY SMB3 AND OCARINA OF TIME!!

*Nintendo doesn't take risks*
Fans: OMG NOTHING BUT REHASHES!!

Anywho they have already created some successful ones on the 3DS. They probably will on the Wii U too.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com