Well, we have launch week totals for Europe and US

#31Baha05Posted 12/7/2012 7:34:48 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Dreamcast sold half of what the Wii U has sold in a week in 24 hours.
PS2 sold more in 2 days than the Wii U sold in a week.
PS3 sold nearly 6 times more in the EU than the Wii U did, and that was just in 2 days!
Even the PSP sold more in the UK than the Wii U did in all of the EU.

It's okay to admit that this launch isn't selling good, let's just hope Japan has a craving for Wii U.

Yeah and the Wii U almost caught up to the 500k that sold
The PS2 also sold 500k so again only sold 75k more then the Wii U
UK Numbers were still low compared to the Wii U even if it sold in 2 days (Also way to us just the UK sales as the PS3 had a FAR worse launch, one of the worst for consoles of the past generations)
And the Wii U still sold roughly near the numbers of the PSP in the UK

Fact of the matter is trying to spin that the launch sales figures are bad is stupid, especially since you link the numbers and they are either higher or lower by only a bit. It makes you look like a troll to rile people up over the numbers when the numbers around even bad by any means as the PS3 takes the cake for worst sales.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#32pancakegr8Posted 12/7/2012 7:34:57 PM
Long as I get a Wii U I'll be fine :l
---
I apologize if I am in error...
#33Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 7:38:13 PM(edited)
Dreamcast sold half of what the Wii U has sold in a week in 24 hours.
PS2 sold more in 2 days than the Wii U sold in a week.
PS3 sold nearly 6 times more in the EU than the Wii U did, and that was just in 2 days!
Even the PSP sold more in the UK than the Wii U did in all of the EU.

It's okay to admit that this launch isn't selling good, let's just hope Japan has a craving for Wii U.

Yeah and the Wii U almost caught up to the 500k that sold
The PS2 also sold 500k so again only sold 75k more then the Wii U
UK Numbers were still low compared to the Wii U even if it sold in 2 days (Also way to us just the UK sales as the PS3 had a FAR worse launch, one of the worst for consoles of the past generations)
And the Wii U still sold roughly near the numbers of the PSP in the UK

Fact of the matter is trying to spin that the launch sales figures are bad is stupid, especially since you link the numbers and they are either higher or lower by only a bit. It makes you look like a troll to rile people up over the numbers when the numbers around even bad by any means as the PS3 takes the cake for worst sales.

The problem is you aren't looking at time frames. What the Wii U took a week to get, the PS2 had beaten it in 2 days. And so on and so on.
The Wii U had the advantage of being released on the busiest week of all shopping in the US... and still couldn't beat what the PS2 did in 2 days. Come on, be realistic this isn't looking good.
#34Baha05Posted 12/7/2012 7:39:48 PM
The problem is you aren't looking at time frames. What the Wii U took a week to get, the PS2 had beaten it in 2 days. And so on and so on.
The Wii U had the advantage of being released on the busiest week of all shopping in the US... and still couldn't beat what the PS2 did in 2 days. Come on, be realistic this isn't looking good.

But overall the sales STILL aren't bad and when looking at the time frame it's all over the place, some systems sold well in a day, some took 3 days, some took an entire week. The fact of the matter is still this, the Wii U sales AREN'T bad in any means.
---
#35Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/7/2012 7:40:43 PM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Yes, second best launch in history (loses to the Wii) is indeed meek.

'eh?

PS2 and Xbox sold more than Wii U @ launch, so did the Gamecube.

Your facts are wrong bro

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Biggest_game_system_launches

Don't like that page, prove it wrong.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#36dbhomiePosted 12/7/2012 7:42:02 PM
And how many is that in totals for defects and returns I wonder xD
---
My PBR friend code is: 2105-7453-9147
#37Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 7:42:17 PM

But overall the sales STILL aren't bad and when looking at the time frame it's all over the place, some systems sold well in a day, some took 3 days, some took an entire week. The fact of the matter is still this, the Wii U sales AREN'T bad in any means.

It's bad when they can't outsell the other consoles despite them having many benefits on their side:

1. More gamers now then there were back then
2. Launched with Mario, this is a HUGE bonus
3. Launched during the BUSIEST shopping days of the week

Again, be realistic.
#38Baha05Posted 12/7/2012 7:46:23 PM
It's bad when they can't outsell the other consoles despite them having many benefits on their side:

Again, be realistic.

I am being realistic, the numbers are fine, they are not bad. Comparing them to how fast a system sells is unrealistic. Again trying to spin the numbers as if they were bad makes you a troll as the numbers for the sales aren't even low. Low would be the PS3 numbers in comparison to everyone else.
---
#39Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 7:49:29 PM

Again, be realistic.

I am being realistic, the numbers are fine, they are not bad. Comparing them to how fast a system sells is unrealistic. Again trying to spin the numbers as if they were bad makes you a troll as the numbers for the sales aren't even low. Low would be the PS3 numbers in comparison to everyone else.

Low would be these numbers given the context that it was launched in and compared to the other consoles in the past.

But fine, it appears that you want to convince yourself the Wii U is doing good. That's fine, I won't shatter your self made glass house. Good luck though
#40Baha05Posted 12/7/2012 7:52:31 PM
Low would be these numbers given the context that it was launched in and compared to the other consoles in the past.

But fine, it appears that you want to convince yourself the Wii U is doing good. That's fine, I won't shatter your self made glass house. Good luck though

Except it's not, because you can't compare the numbers of the Wii U against the numbers of the past generation. When Sony and Microsoft launches their consoles then you can make a realistic comparison and even then it'll be rare if the reach past the 500k mark. It'll most likely be around that mark.

But keep stretching the numbers to make them look bad, it just makes you look like a crazy person for claiming 425k in a week for a gaming console is bad.
---