Your Reaction: Nintendo Releases Another Metroid Other M

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/7/2012 7:33:49 PM
If the game fails to sell more than 2mil units then they will put the franchise on "Ice Climbers" status. The game is developed by Team Ninja and Published by Nintendo. Sakamoto is not in charge and, instead, Sakurai takes the reigns.
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#2MARl0Posted 12/7/2012 7:37:08 PM
I'd love another Other M style Metroid. Frankly, I thought Other M was awesome.
---
Currently playing: New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) / Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
#3BuretsuPosted 12/7/2012 7:37:41 PM
Sakamoto getting the boot is a good start, but do we really need another Metroidja Gaiden game? Pass.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4HeaderHogPosted 12/7/2012 7:39:52 PM
It had better be good. And rewritten.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 7:40:57 PM
HeaderHog posted...
It had better be good. And rewritten.

Other M would not have been retconned. The game would take place after Fusion.
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#6Metalsonic66Posted 12/7/2012 7:41:17 PM
Meh. If it was as bad as the first one, I'd just ignore it and play other games.
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
#7kuragari1anonlyPosted 12/7/2012 7:41:41 PM
Metroid: Another M
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#8kuragari1anonlyPosted 12/7/2012 7:41:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9_NintendoPosted 12/7/2012 7:45:19 PM
"Oh no! A game that uses a different formula!"
---
Call me a fanboy, call me a drone, but remember, you don't have Cubone.
#10LordBowserPosted 12/7/2012 7:46:58 PM(edited)
It would need serious work, and the story needs to not be complete s***.

This kind of game could work, but if it was made like the Other M, or even had any slight relation to the story that utterly destroyed everything I ever liked about Samus, I wouldn't touch it.

The gameplay was horrible but with a lot of cleaning up could be... playable. There's just too many things to list in a post, but making the dodging more about reaction than mashing the button would be a good start, making it so you don't need to go first person to fire missiles would also be good, and making it so you neither need to nor have the option available to 'recharge health' would also be good.

Remove all the "where's waldo" sections. That has no place in any game, ever.

Make it so Samus starts without items and needs to earn them, like every other Metroid game ever.

Honestly, I doubt they could make a 'good' Metroid Other M. If they made one in the same style I would not buy it until it had great reviews and I was sure it wasn't a repeat in any way. Basically, I would buy Metroid Other M's sequel if it wasn't Metroid Other M in any shape or form except in the vague general style of gameplay.

Even if they did all of this, I am not sure if I'd buy the game. I really don't like the playstyle even if it was done well.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!