Nintendo ignoring the Spike's VGAs shows how out of touch they are with gamers

#1PhaseBlackPosted 12/7/2012 8:11:08 PM
Seriously, we got an amazing trailer for The Last of Us and the release date being revealed to be May 7th, 2013 and announcement trailers for Dark Souls II and a viral trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes disguised as "The Phantom Pain". Spike's VGA 10 undoubtedly hooked in the gamers with what they showed and announced, most if not all the target audience was watching because of this.

Nintendo had the perfect stage to announce a Wii U game and market the Wii U to the gamer, instead they make commercials with some people with children singing and jumping around holding a Wii U gamepad. Clearly Nintendo is not making the Wii U connect with the hardcore gamer, a huge issue already for the system.

Why didnt Nintendo do anything for Spike's VGA 10?
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2eddystolemynamePosted 12/7/2012 8:12:28 PM
PhaseBlack posted...

Because the VGA is garbage.
#3chestershadowPosted 12/7/2012 8:14:04 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Seriously, we got an amazing trailer for The Last of Us and the release date being revealed to be May 7th, 2013 and announcement trailers for Dark Souls II and a viral trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes disguised as "The Phantom Pain". Spike's VGA 10 undoubtedly hooked in the gamers with what they showed and announced, most if not all the target audience was watching because of this.

Nintendo had the perfect stage to announce a Wii U game and market the Wii U to the gamer, instead they make commercials with some people with children singing and jumping around holding a Wii U gamepad. Clearly Nintendo is not making the Wii U connect with the hardcore gamer, a huge issue already for the system.

Uhm... Since when did gamers ever take spike seriously on anything gaming? Sure they have the VGA's and an occasional tourney, but I have yet to speak to a single "hardcore gamer" that actually watches any of that crap.
#4Leo_BlakenPosted 12/7/2012 8:14:05 PM
I believe that the Nintendo Directs are better sometimes in this case.
---
LOL at things in life
Hitbox!
#5Warmonger222Posted 12/7/2012 8:14:07 PM
Nintendo ignores Spikes VGAs shows how out of touch they are with gamers

Ignores Spikes VGAs...out of touch with gamers

Spikes VGAs...gamers

You lost me there
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/7/2012 8:14:27 PM
Because none of their games won anything other than the Wii U and Wii section
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#7zender1999Posted 12/7/2012 8:15:03 PM
nintendo doesnt need the vga, their games and systems are the best and sell the most already, wii best selling console last gen, ds 3ds best selling handelds, nintendo games best selling games....
who needs the vga? the gamers are already with nintendo
#8ADHDguitarPosted 12/7/2012 8:15:34 PM
Nintendo ignoring the VGA's shows how in touch they are with gamers.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#9Baha05Posted 12/7/2012 8:16:57 PM
I'm pretty sure no one takes the VGA seriously, it's like the adult equivalent of the Teen Choice Awards
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#10megax11Posted 12/7/2012 8:18:30 PM
Crap. I came into this topic, before I saw the name. I thought someone was being serious, but no, it's just Phase. I swear, if I had a nickle for every broke fanboy that came and trolled the Wii U forums, I'd be rich.

I'm glad Nintendo didn't show up. First off, the VGA's are rigged. Skyrim, a broken game when released, won GOTY last year? The VGA's only give love to AAA franchises (or what they believe to be AAA franchises) while Nintendo never wins anything, because the VGA's only tailor to certain gaming developers and franchises.

I totally forgot the VGA's came on tonight, but I can bet no Nintendo game won honors, and I will even predict what games are being nominated and won, right now. This is sad if I am right -

- ACIII
- Call of Duty
- Halo 4
- Darksiders
- Mass Effect

I bet at least 3 of these 5 games showed up at the VGA's, and I bet one of those games won GOTY.

I bet without hesitation. Why should I know that? Oh, that's right, the VGA's are biased, AAA fanboys, who don't know how to give honors to anything other than Ubisoft games, gritty - realistic - games, or M-rated games.

Let's see if I am right, if I am not already right (again didn't know it was on tonight or if it still is).
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178