Nintendo ignoring the Spike's VGAs shows how out of touch they are with gamers

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/7/2012 8:18:35 PM
zender1999 posted...
nintendo doesnt need the vga, their games and systems are the best and sell the most already, wii best selling console last gen, ds 3ds best selling handelds, nintendo games best selling games....
who needs the vga? the gamers are already with nintendo

You know damn well if Super Mario won GOTY you'd be praising how great VGA is and how useful it is for the community.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#12ILikesCheesePosted 12/7/2012 8:19:29 PM
I'd be the last one to defend Nintendo around these parts.

But Spike TV??? And their "VGA's"??!?

Bwa-Ha-Ha-HA-HA!!!!!!

What are you? 14?!?!?!? 12?!?!?!? 8??!?!?!?

Please.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#13IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/7/2012 8:19:51 PM
I'm pretty sure no one takes the VGA seriously, it's like the adult equivalent of the Teen Choice Awards

That's why it was chosen to reveal Dark Souls 2, Metal Gear Ground Zeroes (all but confirmed at this point), and the release date for Last of Us?

Huh?
#14silenthill4vidPosted 12/7/2012 8:19:54 PM
spike awards are beyond awful, but yea nintendo shoudl include themselves in it to reach the dude bro aucid3nce and try rto make more sales.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#15HungoverHero777Posted 12/7/2012 8:20:13 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
zender1999 posted...
nintendo doesnt need the vga, their games and systems are the best and sell the most already, wii best selling console last gen, ds 3ds best selling handelds, nintendo games best selling games....
who needs the vga? the gamers are already with nintendo

You know damn well if Super Mario won GOTY you'd be praising how great VGA is and how useful it is for the community.

Now now, no need for blatant accusations.
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree: 10 Disagree: 0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#16EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 12/7/2012 8:21:04 PM
megax11 posted...
Crap. I came into this topic, before I saw the name. I thought someone was being serious, but no, it's just Phase. I swear, if I had a nickle for every broke fanboy that came and trolled the Wii U forums, I'd be rich.

I'm glad Nintendo didn't show up. First off, the VGA's are rigged. Skyrim, a broken game when released, won GOTY last year? The VGA's only give love to AAA franchises (or what they believe to be AAA franchises) while Nintendo never wins anything, because the VGA's only tailor to certain gaming developers and franchises.

I totally forgot the VGA's came on tonight, but I can bet no Nintendo game won honors, and I will even predict what games are being nominated and won, right now. This is sad if I am right -

- ACIII
- Call of Duty
- Halo 4
- Darksiders
- Mass Effect

I bet at least 3 of these 5 games showed up at the VGA's, and I bet one of those games won GOTY.

I bet without hesitation. Why should I know that? Oh, that's right, the VGA's are biased, AAA fanboys, who don't know how to give honors to anything other than Ubisoft games, gritty - realistic - games, or M-rated games.

Let's see if I am right, if I am not already right (again didn't know it was on tonight or if it still is).

Actually, The Walking Dead won GOTY.
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Currently playing: Dishonored, Far Cry 3, NSMBU, H4, Black Ops II, Zombi U
#17omniryuPosted 12/7/2012 8:21:16 PM
Nintendo games have no appeal for those kind of gamers.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#18Baha05Posted 12/7/2012 8:21:29 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
That's why it was chosen to reveal Dark Souls 2, Metal Gear Ground Zeroes (all but confirmed at this point), and the release date for Last of Us?

Huh?

So really just three games? That's it? Again no one really takes it seriously. Gaming Expos are where things get more intense for gaming news.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#19Hero_ofTime2010Posted 12/7/2012 8:21:59 PM
I consider myself to be a hardcore gamer, and I had no clue that these awards even existed still. Isn't it just a big Call of Duty/Halo GOTY praisefest? (Not that those aren't good games, I own both.)

Trailers are cool and all, but it's not something you can't find by just searching for "_______ trailers" on YouTube.
---
GT: Invisiblekid17
#20MrBanballowPosted 12/7/2012 8:23:09 PM
It could have been perfect...

*Sega logo*
*Platinum Games logo*
*Nintendo logo*
"Let's dance, boys!!"
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008