Nintendo ignoring the Spike's VGAs shows how out of touch they are with gamers

#21AsuirPosted 12/7/2012 9:23:14 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
megax11 posted...
Crap. I came into this topic, before I saw the name. I thought someone was being serious, but no, it's just Phase. I swear, if I had a nickle for every broke fanboy that came and trolled the Wii U forums, I'd be rich.

I'm glad Nintendo didn't show up. First off, the VGA's are rigged. Skyrim, a broken game when released, won GOTY last year? The VGA's only give love to AAA franchises (or what they believe to be AAA franchises) while Nintendo never wins anything, because the VGA's only tailor to certain gaming developers and franchises.

I totally forgot the VGA's came on tonight, but I can bet no Nintendo game won honors, and I will even predict what games are being nominated and won, right now. This is sad if I am right -

- ACIII
- Call of Duty
- Halo 4
- Darksiders
- Mass Effect

I bet at least 3 of these 5 games showed up at the VGA's, and I bet one of those games won GOTY.

I bet without hesitation. Why should I know that? Oh, that's right, the VGA's are biased, AAA fanboys, who don't know how to give honors to anything other than Ubisoft games, gritty - realistic - games, or M-rated games.

Let's see if I am right, if I am not already right (again didn't know it was on tonight or if it still is).

Actually, The Walking Dead won GOTY.

Well, there goes his post. And only AC3 & Mass Effect were nominated.
---
Ftw!
#22megax11Posted 12/7/2012 9:27:10 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
megax11 posted...
Crap. I came into this topic, before I saw the name. I thought someone was being serious, but no, it's just Phase. I swear, if I had a nickle for every broke fanboy that came and trolled the Wii U forums, I'd be rich.

I'm glad Nintendo didn't show up. First off, the VGA's are rigged. Skyrim, a broken game when released, won GOTY last year? The VGA's only give love to AAA franchises (or what they believe to be AAA franchises) while Nintendo never wins anything, because the VGA's only tailor to certain gaming developers and franchises.

I totally forgot the VGA's came on tonight, but I can bet no Nintendo game won honors, and I will even predict what games are being nominated and won, right now. This is sad if I am right -

- ACIII
- Call of Duty
- Halo 4
- Darksiders
- Mass Effect

I bet at least 3 of these 5 games showed up at the VGA's, and I bet one of those games won GOTY.

I bet without hesitation. Why should I know that? Oh, that's right, the VGA's are biased, AAA fanboys, who don't know how to give honors to anything other than Ubisoft games, gritty - realistic - games, or M-rated games.

Let's see if I am right, if I am not already right (again didn't know it was on tonight or if it still is).

So, I was right yet again. I was wrong about GOTY... to a point. Wrong in that it wasn't any of the 5 I listed, but right in the fact ithe VGA's again tailored to either an Ubisoft game, gritty - realistic - game (this is where I was right), or an M-rated game (was right about this one).

Guys, I am going to show you something. Call me a prophet later. I bet I know which game wins GOTY next year. The Last of Us. Not because it's a good game, but because the VGA's are biased. Not toward Sony persay, but toward M-rated games, coming from AAA game developers. Lord knows the VGA's could never give GOTY to anything colorful, like Ni No Kuni (PS3), New Mario U (Wii U), Xenoblade (Wii), or games like Skylanders, Epic Mickey, or anything that isn't geared toward the AAA franchises that fall under the m-rating or gritty - realistic - games.

VGA's will always be a failure, as will the gamers who always flock to those styles of games only. It goes to show that American developers only need to slap realistic graphics on a game, slap a brand name on it, and make it gritty and brown, and the good little puppets will flock to it like white on rice.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#23megax11Posted 12/7/2012 9:28:34 PM
Asuir posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
megax11 posted...

- ACIII
- Call of Duty
- Halo 4
- Darksiders
- Mass Effect

Well, there goes his post. And only AC3 & Mass Effect were nominated.

Oh, so those two were nominated? HAHAHAHAHA! I was right about them being there, and I didn't even watch. BWAHAHAHA! The VGA's should try harder, in not being so biased or cliche'd, that people can accurately predict what will be there.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#24Kiro_namiPosted 12/7/2012 9:31:10 PM
Only the VGA could come up with stupid categories.

"Best game fueled by Mountain Dew."
What ever the hell that means.
---
"If you wanna' be a genius just say everything stinks, then you can never be wrong!" - Wilbur H. Cobb
#25AsuirPosted 12/7/2012 9:32:06 PM
You were right about them being nominated because they were the best games of the year? Mass Effect was amazing (minus the ending) and AC3, while I haven't played it yet, my brother has, and he says it's amazing.

Same reason Last of Us will be nominated, because it will be an amazing game. Ni No Kuni, Epic Mickey, 2D Mario are not Game of the Year caliber. They simply aren't.

Xenoblade, I could see as I've only heard good things about it. The others; no.
---
Ftw!
#26jedinatPosted 12/7/2012 9:34:55 PM
This thread is the first I've ever even heard of "Spike's VGA". Stop watching garbage TV.
#27thereallawrencePosted 12/7/2012 9:35:29 PM
Saying Nintendo is out of touch for ignoring the VGAs is like saying a musician is out of touch for ignoring the, gag, Grammys.
#28VenomSymbiotePosted 12/7/2012 9:37:53 PM
I thought real "gamers" hated the VGAs for how horribly craptacular they are?
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#29omniryuPosted 12/7/2012 9:37:54 PM
yanya posted...
It could have been perfect...

*Sega logo*
*Platinum Games logo*
*Nintendo logo*
"Let's dance, boys!!"

It could have been perfect. We just don't know how far along they are.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#30Metalsonic66Posted 12/7/2012 9:38:56 PM
So, I was right yet again. I was wrong about GOTY... to a point. Wrong in that it wasn't any of the 5 I listed, but right in the fact ithe VGA's again tailored to either an Ubisoft game, gritty - realistic - game (this is where I was right), or an M-rated game (was right about this one).

Guys, I am going to show you something. Call me a prophet later. I bet I know which game wins GOTY next year. The Last of Us. Not because it's a good game, but because the VGA's are biased. Not toward Sony persay, but toward M-rated games, coming from AAA game developers. Lord knows the VGA's could never give GOTY to anything colorful, like Ni No Kuni (PS3), New Mario U (Wii U), Xenoblade (Wii), or games like Skylanders, Epic Mickey, or anything that isn't geared toward the AAA franchises that fall under the m-rating or gritty - realistic - games.

The Walking Dead and The Last of Us ARE colorful, though.
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.