Nintendo ignoring the Spike's VGAs shows how out of touch they are with gamers

#31omniryuPosted 12/7/2012 9:45:48 PM(edited)
megax11...
VGA's will always be a failure, as will the gamers who always flock to those styles of games only. It goes to show that American developers only need to slap realistic graphics on a game, slap a brand name on it, and make it gritty and brown, and the good little puppets will flock to it like white on rice.

This statement fails considering the walking dead have a comic book style to it with less gritty and brown in it. Jusayin
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#32jedinatPosted 12/7/2012 9:42:59 PM
Metalsonic66 posted...
The Walking Dead and The Last of Us ARE colorful, though.

The first episode or two of Walking Dead were entertaining, but by the third I'd begun to be bored out of my mind.
#33Metalsonic66Posted 12/7/2012 9:44:10 PM
The first episode or two of Walking Dead were entertaining, but by the third I'd begun to be bored out of my mind.

What does that have to do with the color palate?
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
#34Wiiplayer111Posted 12/7/2012 9:44:23 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Wii U game and market the Wii U to the gamer, instead they make commercials with some people with children singing and jumping around holding a Wii U gamepad. Clearly Nintendo is not making the Wii U connect with the hardcore gamer, a huge issue already for the system

Kids arn't gamers now? Or do you have to play games with extensive amount of gore and unnecessary cursing to be a hardcore gamer?
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#35jedinatPosted 12/7/2012 9:45:15 PM
Metalsonic66 posted...

What does that have to do with the color palate?

I thought we were talking 'creative' not color palette.
#36BuretsuPosted 12/7/2012 9:45:34 PM
PhaseBlack posted...

Why didnt Nintendo do anything for Spike's VGA 10?

Because Spike is for dudebros and other mostly braindead individuals.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#37megax11Posted 12/7/2012 9:47:40 PM
Asuir posted...
You were right about them being nominated because they were the best games of the year? Mass Effect was amazing (minus the ending) and AC3, while I haven't played it yet, my brother has, and he says it's amazing.

Same reason Last of Us will be nominated, because it will be an amazing game. Ni No Kuni, Epic Mickey, 2D Mario are not Game of the Year caliber. They simply aren't.

Xenoblade, I could see as I've only heard good things about it. The others; no.

You know why you say no? You don't say no, because you've played the games I've mentioned. You say no, because they're not m-rated, from established 5-10 year brands called AAA titles, and they aren't gritty and realistic.

It's the problem with gamers these days. They're too insecure. They can only flock to the safe house, instead of thinking outside of the box.

My 10 year old son beat his first game when he was 9. It was Final Fantasy IV (USA II) on the Super Nintendo. He isn't biased toward graphics, games from established brands, systems, or games that are gritty and rated M. Daddy raised him to be a real gamer. He will grow up to like fun games, not judge them by their looks.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#38omniryuPosted 12/7/2012 9:48:29 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Wii U game and market the Wii U to the gamer, instead they make commercials with some people with children singing and jumping around holding a Wii U gamepad. Clearly Nintendo is not making the Wii U connect with the hardcore gamer, a huge issue already for the system

Kids arn't gamers now? Or do you have to play games with extensive amount of gore and unnecessary cursing to be a hardcore gamer?

But the Wii U IS suppose to reach for those gamers. Which is why they are trying to attract third party developers. Nintendo not supporting those games shows that they need try harder.
---
#39Starwars4JPosted 12/7/2012 9:50:30 PM
God damnit Nintendo! How can you ever expect to attract all the dudebros without Spike?!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#40omniryuPosted 12/7/2012 9:55:13 PM(edited)
Starwars4J posted...
God damnit Nintendo! How can you ever expect to attract all the dudebros without Spike?!

How can we expect Nintendo to attract to them when they hardly market for them?
-