Nintendo ignoring the Spike's VGAs shows how out of touch they are with gamers

#41Baha05Posted 12/7/2012 9:55:19 PM
omniryu posted...
But the Wii U IS suppose to reach for those gamers. Which is why they are trying to attract third party developers. Nintendo not supporting those games shows that they need try harder.

I don't think the hardcore gamers WATCH the VGAs. Most of the best news on game come from online sites anyhow. The VGAs are more for the casual gamers that only play one game only.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#42GeassMasterPosted 12/7/2012 9:56:42 PM
VGA is a Microsoft sponsored event. Sam. L. mentioned donkey kong and the girl who announced Dark Souls 2 mentioned mario before revealing it.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#43omniryuPosted 12/7/2012 9:57:45 PM
Baha05 posted...
omniryu posted...
But the Wii U IS suppose to reach for those gamers. Which is why they are trying to attract third party developers. Nintendo not supporting those games shows that they need try harder.

I don't think the hardcore gamers WATCH the VGAs. Most of the best news on game come from online sites anyhow. The VGAs are more for the casual gamers that only play one game only.

It is still a venue for Nintendo to promote content on their platform.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#44Wiiplayer111Posted 12/7/2012 9:58:53 PM
omniryu posted...
Baha05 posted...
omniryu posted...

Which they don't need to because they have Nintendo directs every couple weeks talking directly to hardcore gamers.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#45drointhewindPosted 12/7/2012 9:59:18 PM
You guys are fools. The vga's provide another avenue for nintendo to MARKET their system.
If you are a nintendo fan, why would you not want as many people as possible to be aware of the offerings?
---
On DLC: ""You know what would make this better? Paying more money."- Cracked.com
#46MisterSmeePosted 12/7/2012 10:00:50 PM
megax11 posted...
Asuir posted...
You were right about them being nominated because they were the best games of the year? Mass Effect was amazing (minus the ending) and AC3, while I haven't played it yet, my brother has, and he says it's amazing.

Same reason Last of Us will be nominated, because it will be an amazing game. Ni No Kuni, Epic Mickey, 2D Mario are not Game of the Year caliber. They simply aren't.

Xenoblade, I could see as I've only heard good things about it. The others; no.

You know why you say no? You don't say no, because you've played the games I've mentioned. You say no, because they're not m-rated, from established 5-10 year brands called AAA titles, and they aren't gritty and realistic.

It's the problem with gamers these days. They're too insecure. They can only flock to the safe house, instead of thinking outside of the box.

My 10 year old son beat his first game when he was 9. It was Final Fantasy IV (USA II) on the Super Nintendo. He isn't biased toward graphics, games from established brands, systems, or games that are gritty and rated M. Daddy raised him to be a real gamer. He will grow up to like fun games, not judge them by their looks.

Funny, you seem to be judging games by their 'realistic gritty' look.
#47Baha05Posted 12/7/2012 10:05:15 PM
omniryu posted...

Yeah but there are other ways to promote their stuff. Oh no they don't promote it at some cheesy event! So what?
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#48omniryuPosted 12/7/2012 10:09:28 PM(edited)
Wiiplayer, Nintendo direct isn't enough to market to gamers. Yes, it reaches the fanbase. But Nintendo is looking beyond the Nintendo fans with the Wii U. They're not doing to much. Last content I've seen them promote was Scribblenauts.

Btw, Nintendo direct reaches a few hundred thousands over a course of a few months. Having the VGA who probably have the same amount watching one night might not hurt.
---
#49omniryuPosted 12/7/2012 10:10:30 PM
Baha05 posted...
omniryu posted...

Yeah but there are other ways to promote their stuff. Oh no they don't promote it at some cheesy event! So what?

Well, why not?
---
#50The_Mighty_KELPPosted 12/7/2012 10:15:00 PM
omniryu posted...
Nintendo games have no appeal for those kind of gamers.

I play CoD, Skyrim, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, TF2, Halo, and pretty much everything else you can name - and I love it all. That being said, I don't give a darn about Spike.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.