Nintendo ignoring the Spike's VGAs shows how out of touch they are with gamers

#61AsuirPosted 12/7/2012 10:55:08 PM
megax11 posted...
Asuir posted...
You were right about them being nominated because they were the best games of the year? Mass Effect was amazing (minus the ending) and AC3, while I haven't played it yet, my brother has, and he says it's amazing.

Same reason Last of Us will be nominated, because it will be an amazing game. Ni No Kuni, Epic Mickey, 2D Mario are not Game of the Year caliber. They simply aren't.

Xenoblade, I could see as I've only heard good things about it. The others; no.

You know why you say no? You don't say no, because you've played the games I've mentioned. You say no, because they're not m-rated, from established 5-10 year brands called AAA titles, and they aren't gritty and realistic.

It's the problem with gamers these days. They're too insecure. They can only flock to the safe house, instead of thinking outside of the box.

My 10 year old son beat his first game when he was 9. It was Final Fantasy IV (USA II) on the Super Nintendo. He isn't biased toward graphics, games from established brands, systems, or games that are gritty and rated M. Daddy raised him to be a real gamer. He will grow up to like fun games, not judge them by their looks.

You may have raised your son to be a real gamer, but apparently you weren't raised to be able to read. I said Xenoblade could be a GotY contender and that isn't from an M-rated brand that was established 5- 10 years ago. It isn't a AAA title and it definitely isn't gritty or realistic.

The problem with fanboys is that they're too insecure. If anyone criticizes their console of choice (whether the criticism is correct or not), they vehemently defend the console.

I'm 22 and I beat my first game when I was 4 or 5. I've been replaying Shadowrun on the SNES. And then you tell me to stop judging games by their looks when you're doing the exact same thing with "gritty, modern, realistic" games. You're just full of contradictions, aren't you?
---
Ftw!
#62king_maddenPosted 12/7/2012 10:57:53 PM
I dont see why they wouldnt show anything. depending on cost, it wouldve been smart to show up and just show something thats in the works.

I dont watch the VGA, and dont really know anybody that does, but im sure thousands maybe millions of people watch it. regardless if they are taken seriously its a big stage to make an announcement.
#63TalentedMPosted 12/7/2012 10:58:08 PM
The gamers they try to get to watch that dribble are the same ones they gear up to buy mountain dew to get some more xp for their COD/HALO game.

Not that they should be neglected, but the polish of Nintendo is ignored by those types and it is easier to get the viral market to buy into or watch their crap.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#64Trailblazer34Posted 12/7/2012 11:09:19 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Nintendo ignoring the VGA's shows how in touch they are with gamers.
#65AsuirPosted 12/7/2012 11:10:39 PM
TalentedM posted...
The gamers they try to get to watch that dribble are the same ones they gear up to buy mountain dew to get some more xp for their COD/HALO game.

Not that they should be neglected, but the polish of Nintendo is ignored by those types and it is easier to get the viral market to buy into or watch their crap.

Maybe if they had marketed to those gamers a bit more, Blops 2 on Wii U wouldn't have sold a paltry 21k.
---
Ftw!
#66The_Undying_84Posted 12/7/2012 11:12:38 PM
eddystolemyname posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

Why didnt Nintendo do anything for Spike's VGA 10?

Because the VGA is garbage.

This. The trailers are the only good thing about it, their actual awards are ****ing terrible.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#67EbonMagicianPosted 12/7/2012 11:20:05 PM
megax11 posted...
Asuir posted...
You were right about them being nominated because they were the best games of the year? Mass Effect was amazing (minus the ending) and AC3, while I haven't played it yet, my brother has, and he says it's amazing.

Same reason Last of Us will be nominated, because it will be an amazing game. Ni No Kuni, Epic Mickey, 2D Mario are not Game of the Year caliber. They simply aren't.

Xenoblade, I could see as I've only heard good things about it. The others; no.

You know why you say no? You don't say no, because you've played the games I've mentioned. You say no, because they're not m-rated, from established 5-10 year brands called AAA titles, and they aren't gritty and realistic.

It's the problem with gamers these days. They're too insecure. They can only flock to the safe house, instead of thinking outside of the box.

My 10 year old son beat his first game when he was 9. It was Final Fantasy IV (USA II) on the Super Nintendo. He isn't biased toward graphics, games from established brands, systems, or games that are gritty and rated M. Daddy raised him to be a real gamer. He will grow up to like fun games, not judge them by their looks.

sorry to say it bub, but you sound like one of the most biased and judgmental of games based on their looks. you seem to not care about gameplay at all, but only care if a game isnt "dark, gritty and has no color"

pretty hypocritical huh?
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#68squatch22Posted 12/7/2012 11:24:47 PM
indigna7ion posted...
eddystolemyname posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

Why didnt Nintendo do anything for Spike's VGA 10?

Because the VGA is garbage.

Typical nintendidiot answer.

/facepalm

Typical Sony troll insult
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#69darkqueenhelbaPosted 12/7/2012 11:31:34 PM
They sure are, TC.

^That's what you wanted, right? A bunch of mindless drones to agree with whatever crap you post. Hi, I'm Phaseblack and I post the same crap every day cause I have no life. Woo~wee, look at me! Read mah text! Cause no one pays attention to me in the real world. Boo~hoo~hoo....And now you go on the Ignore list. Tired on your mind-numbing posts. They're worse than the tired monotony of day-to-day life. I'd rather work in a coal mine for the next 20 years than have to read another one of your topics. Hopefully one day, you and your kind will stop this nonsense.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#70king_maddenPosted 12/7/2012 11:41:56 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
They sure are, TC.

^That's what you wanted, right? A bunch of mindless drones to agree with whatever crap you post. Hi, I'm Phaseblack and I post the same crap every day cause I have no life. Woo~wee, look at me! Read mah text! Cause no one pays attention to me in the real world. Boo~hoo~hoo....And now you go on the Ignore list. Tired on your mind-numbing posts. They're worse than the tired monotony of day-to-day life. I'd rather work in a coal mine for the next 20 years than have to read another one of your topics. Hopefully one day, you and your kind will stop this nonsense.

seems like you wasted a lot of typing to someone you were just going to ignore lol.