Western developers want to destroy Japanese gaming here?

#1Jx1010Posted 12/7/2012 10:36:54 PM
Im not a fan of any console, I choose the one that has what I need.
However I have noticed an extreme amount of bad media towards Wii U,
I have also noticed very bad media towards Sony's PS3
while at the same time much, much less bad media about Microsoft's xbox360 and upcoming console.

Am I wrong? Am I right?

I feel Microsoft is behind this and is trying very hard since its console has done terrible in Japan, but what do they expect since they only focus on western consumers.

Also look at Fez and how he insulted the Japanese developers, hes not the only one who has acted with such hate.

#2Marcster1994Posted 12/7/2012 10:40:04 PM
caring what Phil Fish says

Oh man, that reminds, he's probably mad as hell.
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440
PSN: Marcster1994
#3_FalstaffPosted 12/7/2012 10:41:13 PM
It would be fun to do a content analysis to test this idea. Someone get on that.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#4JaredexePosted 12/7/2012 11:19:07 PM
Jx1010 posted...
Im not a fan of any console, I choose the one that has what I need.
However I have noticed an extreme amount of bad media towards Wii U,
I have also noticed very bad media towards Sony's PS3
while at the same time much, much less bad media about Microsoft's xbox360 and upcoming console.

Am I wrong? Am I right?

I feel Microsoft is behind this and is trying very hard since its console has done terrible in Japan, but what do they expect since they only focus on western consumers.

Also look at Fez and how he insulted the Japanese developers, hes not the only one who has acted with such hate.

because if you take care of your 360, it's flawless and actually in HD unlike the Wii u
---
bdfdbdfbdfbdbdbdbswhrymm,,tuiy,m
jjrjrjegswvvsdvsdsvshetjtkyuk
#5Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:32:16 PM
marc, yea he might
#6RaynilssonPosted 12/8/2012 11:42:19 PM
Nintendo is the only reason why I still play games. They know what funny gameplay is all about. I got so sick of all the shooters and millitary games. Why cant developers make better games like in the past? Shenmue, old Resident Evil etc. Now it is all about throwing grenades and taking cover.
#7TMW001Posted 12/8/2012 11:43:48 PM
Raynilsson posted...
Nintendo is the only reason why I still play games. They know what funny gameplay is all about. I got so sick of all the shooters and millitary games. Why cant developers make better games like in the past? Shenmue, old Resident Evil etc. Now it is all about throwing grenades and taking cover.

Pretty much one reason why to keep them around is they are always trying something new.
#8sloth927Posted 12/8/2012 11:46:05 PM
western systems without eastern support would be hilarious just saying.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#9ChocoXCheesePosted 12/8/2012 11:52:27 PM
I'm not sure if it's intentional, but it's happening pretty rapidly. Japan used to be the empire of video games, but the US has the upperhand by far now. It's not surprising that Japanese companies are looking at what the US is doing to try to save themselves. The thing that sucks about that is that Japan and the US typically offer two different kinds of games, that are both fun for different reasons. The US typically has more open-world gameplay that rehashes old ideas and adds new things to them (or sometimes not, but it sells regardless). Japan typically has more linear games that are focused on gimmicks, originality, story, or other things. Because the US, Europe, Australia, and other regions are beginning to lean more towards the thoughtless fun of US-style games, Japanese games, that (usually) require a little more brainpower, are kind of dying out since gamers would rather shoot things and leave the thinking for school/work. The only thing keeping it alive right now is the fact that Nintendo keeps dragging casual players in while trying to bring back "hardcore" (god, I hate that term) gamers with the Wii U, and the PS3 being pretty much on equal ground with the Xbox 360.

But that's all opinion, other than the fact that the US is outdoing Japan when it comes with game sales. Yep.
---
The Official Gabriel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#10VeryDarkSoulPosted 12/9/2012 12:16:46 AM
home turf advantage?
---
Ron Paul 2012