Developers not taking WiiU seriously

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/8/2012 12:30:46 AM
MotiJr posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Nintendos demographics are different. PC/360/ps3 gamers are usually 18-35 year old males. Nintendo concentrates on what's left over. Te WiiU is also a console designed to compete directly with the ps3/360 which are both being replaced wi much stronger models in a year. Why spend e time and money to train up on old tech when they can finish up their final current gen projects on proven systems and start programming and creating new IP for true next gen systems?

If only you knew how wrong you are

Not sure how it works where you're from but most people actually state reasons and evidence as to why someone is wrong.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#12EternalWolfPosted 12/8/2012 12:57:25 AM
You just listed some games that have terrible optimization. Crysis 2 doesnt run on consoles at all, Skyrim barely works on any platform, GTAIV was straight trash on consoles. What the hell man? Next thing you know 4A games(metro) is going to come out and say the Wii-U isnt strong enough to run their games when the game is notorious for horrible coding.

Fact is, developers literally are trash these days. I own a 360, PS3, Wii-U, Wii, GTX 580+2600k and none of them compare to previous generations. We got Batman: Arkham, P* Ganes products and thats about it last gen. Almost everything else was trash, no exploration, no music, no atmosphere, literal movies instead of gameplay(WHAT THE F***). You know your playing a bad game when your watching hours of movies instead of playing them(Metal Gear Solid and Legacy of Kain is about it when it comes to good storytelling via movies). Why do we have to watch what we could be playing? Any hard AAA games last gen? No.

I dont want dead characters, Final Fantasy VII is so much better without voices. Other M anyone? Why did NOT ONE SINGLE FPS GAME follow the path Metroid Prime laid down? The closest thing to Metroid Prime in level design is DOOM II, which is far deeper than any FPS on last gens consoles.

Developers have developed gaming and are afraid to literally make a video game, they want to make a movie game and they refuse to stray the path. I bought a Wii-U because I find myself listenting to video game music more than I play the damn games. I was so pissed when Other M eliminated music. WHY? Do developers not understand how memorable music makes a game, how much it adds to the atmosphere? Other M is the perfect example of your AAA game on the 360 and PS3, it takes away nearly everything that made games great in the first place.

Now this doesnt make those games you mentioned bad. GTAV should be good, Elder Scrolls is good. But these are developers that cant even get their damn games running properly, they rely on raw power and that is why you get so many trash console games that dont run at 60FPS with no screen tearing. RAGE had zero problems running at 60FPS and it looked gorgeous, its sole technical problem was that they didnt finish megatextures properly(you put a SSD in a PS3 and RAGE runs flawlessly).

Developers dont care about production values anymore. The only time you ever see them is in exclusives and sometimes you get shafted there as well. Halo 3 wasnt even in HD, Gran Turismo 5 literally had mass amounts of screen tearing. Yet Criterion puts out the Chameleon engine in Hot Pursuit and the game looks, runs and plays better than a 5 year moving card board box driving simulator.

People think the 720 and PS4 will see some drastic increase and graphics quality when anyone who is paying attention can tell that the majority of developers are just now starting to get their engines coded properly. Its going to be awhile before you see a major bump in graphics quality(DOOM 4 aside). They are working on the pipelines and streaming everything nice and smoothly in their renderers. Sure, pre-rendered will look nice, but you cant play that. Mine as well just put a CGI in there.

Look at Nintendos launch lineup. Not the games themselves, but the developers who got a head start. GoTY titles, best 3d fighter, Platinum Games is coming etc... You cant take everything at face value and you cant assume that slightly better hardware means better graphics because simply put, the developers are not up to the task(if they were we would have seen better graphics, more importantly engines, all around a long time ago with multi-plats).

Not taking Wii-U seriously? You think it will be any different for the next consoles at launch? Its launch, they arent going to waste time/money right now. The developer list already aboard the Wii-U is extremely impressive. They ported, they had no time to rebuild the engines for the Wii-U.
---
As We Go...
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m82zjm.jpg
#13SMT_MasochistPosted 12/8/2012 2:16:47 AM
Why so many trolling conclusions because Dark Souls wasn't announced for the U? It's a good series but not a deal breaker. Skyrim and Crysis are okay but the only one to really be concerned about is GTA just because its beloved by the masses.

We get Monster Hunter, Bayonetta, etc so quit the whining. Mostly everyone here has another system aside from U so it doesn't matter.
---
Games: WO3, Ragnarok, BLOPS2, AC3, PS Allstars, BM:AC, ZombiU
PS3/Vita/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398
#14DiscostewSMPosted 12/8/2012 2:26:57 AM
In all seriousness, how often does a port to any system fair well? The PS3, when getting some 360 games, didn't exactly hold up well, and vice versa.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#15R0ckafellaPosted 12/8/2012 2:27:28 AM
It's about what they can make more money from, ps3 and 360 does what nintendont
#16TalentedMPosted 12/8/2012 2:34:23 AM
R0ckafella posted...
It's about what they can make more money from, ps3 and 360 does what nintendont

BLAST PROCESSING! MORE BITS!

We have all heard this crap before. What is on one console may not make it to another. There is something the Wii offers those who purchase it and it is an entirely new experience to playing a game. Which is what it promises and delivers.

Just another thing for people to complain about how 1 system didn't get the game but the others did! They most likely haven't put anything into stone and would rather not say than promise something they can't do.

I assume of course that the person posting here is a part of that AAA gaming company or can time travel as he already knows the future.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#17SniperNightOwlPosted 12/8/2012 8:53:56 AM
EternalWolf posted...

I dont want dead characters, Final Fantasy VII is so much better without voices.

I didn't realize there was a FF7 *with* voices. How can this statement even be plausible?
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
#18McmadnessV3Posted 12/8/2012 8:58:35 AM
Even if they did port skyrim over to the wii-u I wouldn't buy it.

And its not because I already own it, I don't, I'm merely waiting for the inevitable game of the year edition with all the dlc in one package.

In fact if they did port it over to the wii-u they probably are going to do it with the game of the year edition.

Thats what Ubisoft did with Arkham city.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#19thundercat2600Posted 12/8/2012 9:04:19 AM
Stopthink posted...
Pretty simple really. When your target demographic already owns a Ps3, 360, or gaming computer, and the newest similarly powered console only has 400K units out there, what point is there in developing for it?

This. It's obvious. Anybody who gives a damn about the big multiplatform titles already owns a 360, PS3, or PC.

I'd honestly be surprised if games like Black Ops 2, ME3, Darksiders 2, AC3, etc. even sell enough on Wii U to cover the cost of porting them. Anybody with any interest in those games has already played them on another system. And even if they haven't, there's a fat chance they'll choose to do so on a Wii U.
#20LordBowserPosted 12/8/2012 9:21:05 AM
After EternalWolf posted, this thread got interesting. Tagging this thread.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!