Nintendo grow up...

#11SocranPosted 12/8/2012 12:22:07 AM(edited)
_Falstaff posted...
Joke topic? I'm asking because you seem to be saying that Nintendo needs to "grow up" to match the needs of people who want artificial achievements in order to feel like they've accomplished something worthwhile.

And then says that this means they don't understand how good it feels to be "part of a community". Seriously? You can literally take a screenshot of your achievement, post it to Miiverse, accompany it with text or a drawing, and have people "Yeah!" it or post a response. But no, it's only a community if you have trophies attached to your account that nobody's going to see unless they specifically look at your account for trophies.

I mean, damn, I'd like some kind of achievement system as well, but this is the worst argument for it I've ever heard.

Wiiplayer111 posted...
JimJamtheMan posted...
Many people play games just for getting the accomplishments.

No. Just. NO.

Well, actually... As stupid as it is, he's right on this point.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12MotiJrPosted 12/8/2012 12:22:03 AM
Seems you have a lot of growing up to do yourself. Shame, children have such easy access to the internet these days.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#13Pac12345Posted 12/8/2012 12:22:53 AM
Jx1010 posted...
U wanna achieve something?
Try it in REAL LIFE

YOU'RE WINNER
#14JimJamtheMan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 12:23:40 AM
My old profile expired. English is just fine. And just because you don't, doesn't mean other ppl don't enjoy boosting.
---
All Hail METROID
#15_FalstaffPosted 12/8/2012 12:25:34 AM
JimJamtheMan posted...
English is just fine.

English is fine, isn't it? I admit, it's a little difficult to master and has a lot of strange rules, but as far as languages go, I'm pretty content with it.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#16SocranPosted 12/8/2012 12:27:08 AM
JimJamtheMan posted...
My old profile expired.

Expired? Do... do GameFAQs profiles expire? Are you sure you don't mean it got banned or something?
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#17bleedingelitePosted 12/8/2012 12:32:55 AM
achievements and trophies are for casuals