Calling all Nintendo gamers! We need your help to stop the PEGI 18+ eshop block!

#21hustlin_pimpstePosted 12/8/2012 2:24:11 AM(edited)
jEr3mY posted...
Buy retail discs = problems solved.

Yeah, I'm aware not everyone lives close to shops etc, but I'm sure they can buy it online and get it delivered..

not that hard to get around...

Tbh, this is what everyone should be doing anyway. The prices that Live, eShop, etc charge are ridiculous and need to be brought down heavily.

For years, games companies cried about manuals, covers, shipping etc being the reasons why game's prices were so high, yet here we are in the digital age paying FULL retail price for digital download games.

Pathetic.
---
Make adorable new, demon friends ... grr snarl
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/64267041 Don't worry .. it's Official!
#22rockyminPosted 12/8/2012 2:31:24 AM
Thunderbird8 posted...
Well, given that none of the console companies in the US will allow an AO rated game to even be published on their systems (yes, all three, not just Nintendo), this sounds better on paper...though I think if that wasn't the case we'd see games here get the AO rating far more often.

Anyway, I'm surprised the game makers themselves aren't pitching a fit about this.

I've always hated that policy. If I want to buy and play an AO game on any of my consoles, it should be MY decision, not theirs. Who the hell are they to tell me what games I can and can't buy for a console that I own?
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#23jayr00lzPosted 12/8/2012 2:33:15 AM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
jEr3mY posted...

Yeah, I'm aware not everyone lives close to shops etc, but I'm sure they can buy it online and get it delivered..

not that hard to get around...

Tbh, this is what everyone should be doing anyway. The prices that Live, eShop, etc charge are ridiculous and need to be brought down heavily.

For years, games companies cried about manuals, covers, shipping etc being the reasons why game's prices were so high, yet here we are in the digital age paying FULL retail price for digital download games.

Pathetic.

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself. Hell, EA stopped printing manuals for their games already.
#24AwesomeOSauce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:52:03 AM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
poo111111111111 posted...
Well if it's much of a problem to these ADULTS then it'll take them two seconds to set it up.

I think there was even an option to set this up while setting up the Wii U console itself

Ah, so now you are flat out lying. Seems other Euro owners cannot access 18 rated stuff even after mucking about in Settings. You here to do damage control for Nintendo or something?

yeah I just tested it and it does nothing.
This poo11111 guy is a liar.
Is he working for NoE or something???
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#25AwesomeOSauce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:46:26 AM
bump
---
#26kingsteve1515Posted 12/8/2012 5:04:40 AM
Why should we have to convince nintendo to offer content? If some moron wants to disable content, then he won't get my money. I dont have this issue with either Sony or Microsoft. So I'll just stick with them for now
---
I'll take a potato chip.....and EAT IT!
#27EoinPosted 12/8/2012 5:43:41 AM
jEr3mY posted...

Except this will apply to download-only games as well.

Also demos.

In fact it even applies to trailers for 18-rated games.

So just saying "buy a disc" doesn't really solve very much.
#28T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/8/2012 5:51:51 AM
Go to Parental Controls. Select 'Let me do what I want'

Done.

Wrong. I tested it. Set parental controls, allowed me to see 18+ content (that sounds weird), and it still didn't allow me to check the games.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#29Lozh900Posted 12/8/2012 7:14:42 AM
Well if it's much of a problem to these ADULTS then it'll take them two seconds to set it up.

I think there was even an option to set this up while setting up the Wii U console itself

Clearly, I mean I don't have to be up for 7am or earlier Monday to Friday for work so 11pm is a little too late.

Oh wait, since you're making assumptions you must be one of those hobo adults who don't work and can stay up all night.

Anyway, no I'm 27 and I go to bed at 10pm due to having to be up usually around 6:30am.

Nintendo are idiots. If they are doing this it should be up by 9pm (the watershed time for tv)
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ddr3 1333 / Gtx 560 se 1gb gddr5 / 1tb hdd / 600w psu silent / win 7 home prem 64
#30AwesomeOSauce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:06:50 AM
bump
---