How confident would you be in buying stock in Nintendo right now?

#1SilinelPosted 12/8/2012 4:20:27 AM
Let's hear those votes of confidence, or lack of.
---
[This signature is available only to GameFAQs Gold members]
#2BonezWellPosted 12/8/2012 4:21:32 AM
Not at all, but I hate stocks in general. Way to unpredictable when it comes to gaming.
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#3StealthlysPosted 12/8/2012 4:23:20 AM
I only invest in PepsiCo.
#4MathewMansonPosted 12/8/2012 4:24:52 AM
I invest in MY MOM!
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#5TalentedMPosted 12/8/2012 4:41:59 AM
I don't gamble.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#6JackalPosted 12/8/2012 4:45:23 AM
I would never buy stock in any of these companies. I only care about the games.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#7FoppePosted 12/8/2012 4:48:10 AM
If you check the history of Nintendo's stocks then you will see that a new console launch wont change them too much.
It's the same as with Microsoft's, around the same time each year they go up some, and then they go down to the same level as before.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8SolisPosted 12/8/2012 5:07:33 AM
I would not be very optimistic when it comes to Nintendo's stock in the near future. They've cut profit and sales forecasts several times over the last couple of years, and I would not be surprised if the same happens to the Wii U's sales expectations. Chances are it will fluctuate somewhat for the rest of the sales quarter, and then drop down again. After that it will depend on market conditions and further announcements from Nintendo.

Foppe posted...
If you check the history of Nintendo's stocks then you will see that a new console launch wont change them too much.
It's the same as with Microsoft's, around the same time each year they go up some, and then they go down to the same level as before.

Nintendo's stock went up 200% in the year following the Wii's launch. It didn't drop back to pre-launch numbers until 3 years later.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#9sting__artPosted 12/8/2012 5:09:08 AM
I can confidently say i wouldn't do it.
#10JonbazookabozPosted 12/8/2012 6:34:23 AM
VERY especially the us pink slips ntdoy. They crashed after the 3ds launch but were sitting comfortable at 40 now they are on the rise at 14. You could easily triple/ quadruple your money within the next two years as they return to normal or better.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"