Spike VGA's: NSMBU wins over Xenoblade? Seriously??

#41unnamedFerPosted 12/8/2012 8:50:52 AM
monster hunter tri.....
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#42_NintendoPosted 12/8/2012 8:54:07 AM
Am I the only one who didn't care for Xenoblade? >_>..
---
Call me a fanboy, call me a drone, but remember, you don't have Cubone.
#43DSdude19Posted 12/8/2012 8:54:27 AM
Honestly, Zombi U should have one. If anything it's a fresh game with an interesting story and mechanic.
---
Wii U Nintendo ID: Zanzenburger
http://i.imgur.com/sk1nw.gif Zanzenburgers given: 240
#44mjc0961Posted 12/8/2012 9:03:15 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
If you haven't brought Xenoblade, go out and buy it now, seriously.

How about you go buy it for me if you think it's so great. And then you can go play it for me too because I don't f***ing want to.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#45nonexistingheroPosted 12/8/2012 9:04:06 AM
AdolRed posted...
genre defining offline MMO with light platforming loses prestigious award

You do well looking up to your name. PS2-era RPG's were horrible for most part. It's when developers stopped being ambitious and why almost every single new turn-based RPG released these days is a niche loli-RPG (or makes no sense, or both).

Yeah I couldn't stand loli RPGs like Shadow Hearts and Nocturne and Dragon Quest VIII

1. I wasn't claiming PS2 RPG's were like that. I was claiming it's when developers stopped being ambitious with their RPG's. There was quite a bit more ambition in the generations before that as far as RPG's go and the few on PS2 that still are ambitious don't make up for it.

2. The niche-loli RPG thing is about modern day RPG's. The better or more well-known RPG's in recent years, aside from Dragon Quest, have all used uncommon battle systems (most of the time not even turn-based). Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are the last big console RPG's that featured a turn-based battle system (and they came out ages ago). FFXIII and FFXIII-2? Sorta, but you don't have any control over your party in battle other than deciding which class they should be using (a bit more for the one you're using). So basically every other turn-based RPG that were released aside from those are the niche RPG's I'm talking about.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#46MonadAlvisPosted 12/8/2012 9:15:06 AM
Taurus910 posted...
What a bunch of jokers!

This guy knows.
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?
#47TriforceBunPosted 12/8/2012 9:31:59 AM
It's Reyn time!

Kid Icarus: Uprising should've taken GOTY! Anyone agree? ...anyone...?

(It's okay that it didn't, though--it's not really interested in climbing the corporate ladder. And hey, at least I'm not dead!)
---
My Kirby/Smash comics: www.brawlinthefamily.com
Mother 3 = Game of the Year 2006
#48ReyMilansteryoPosted 12/8/2012 9:33:43 AM
I stopped watching when Mario won over xenoblade
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
#49LordBowserPosted 12/8/2012 9:41:50 AM(edited)
I've never played Xenoblade, but NSMBU was a pretty amazing game. The best 2D Mario platformer since Super Mario World, and in my opinion the best Mario game period since then.

Xenoblade might be better (I haven't played it, so I can't say), but it's not really all that crazy that NSMBU won. It's a fantastic game, and ridiculously underrated, especially by people who don't own a Wii U.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#50emagdnEPosted 12/8/2012 9:49:10 AM
the fact that a ****ty interactive movie like Xenoblade was even nominated is the joke here, not that an actual video game, even if it is a twisted mockery of the former greatest video game franchise, beat it

the fact that you people even would try to suggest that generic shounen anime trash is superior to Mario shows that console gaming no longer even deserves to exist
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus