The next 3 years for Nintendo.

#1fa113nH3r0Posted 12/8/2012 7:31:52 AM
Will have to be stellar for the Wii U to compete with the nexy Xbox and next PlayStation consoles. My reason is this...

I anticipate 2014 being the year the.next Xbox arrives (Holiday 2013 being the absolute earliest ETA) therefore by that time Nintendo must have established a solid install base and become a mainstay in peoples living rooms.

-They absolutely must have a Zelda and 3D Mario out and have the OS running like butter.

-eshop must be full of content, including GC VC and the entire VC collection ported from Wii.

-Purchases must be tied to account.

-Miiverse must be successful (looks like it genuinely will be)

-And most of all...must drop to $199 by 2014 Xmas.

No matter what Nintendo IS indeed too big to fail...they WILL turn profit and WILL deliver must have titles like Zelda and Mario and even Monster Hunter. Nintendo will deliver. The question is how much?
---
Nintendo Network ID - Jabberwocky
Playstation Network ID - australasia
#2StealthlysPosted 12/8/2012 7:34:21 AM
fa113nH3r0 posted...
Will have to be stellar for the Wii U to compete with the nexy Xbox and next PlayStation consoles. My reason is this...

I anticipate 2014 being the year the.next Xbox arrives (Holiday 2013 being the absolute earliest ETA) therefore by that time Nintendo must have established a solid install base and become a mainstay in peoples living rooms.

-They absolutely must have a Zelda and 3D Mario out and have the OS running like butter.

-eshop must be full of content, including GC VC and the entire VC collection ported from Wii.

No matter what Nintendo IS indeed too big to fail...they WILL turn profit and WILL deliver must have titles like Zelda and Mario and even Monster Hunter. Nintendo will deliver. The question is how much?

Sadly nintendo does the opposite of all those. Except massive price-drops.
#3TKUKGPosted 12/8/2012 7:38:04 AM
Stealthlys posted...
fa113nH3r0 posted...

And yet they still sell massive numbers.
Are any of you fudge crackers analysts? No. Thought not.
#4StealthlysPosted 12/8/2012 7:39:01 AM
TKUKG posted...
Stealthlys posted...
fa113nH3r0 posted...

And yet they still sell massive numbers.
Are any of you fudge crackers analysts? No. Thought not.

Did anyone in this thread claim to be an analysts? No.
#5StarSpriteZeroPosted 12/8/2012 7:40:57 AM
fa113nH3r0 posted...

$250 is more likely
---
"There is no I in team... (3DS FC: 2535-3686-5966)
But there's no team in win is there? Just like our football team!"
#6ministerkataokaPosted 12/8/2012 7:41:33 AM
My God you are a genius TC! Nintendo should hire you as a consultant. Screw the interview and screening just get your ass working for them ASAP. You will save the company!
---
Final Fantasy X was made for menstruating cows.
#7TonyRodrigues76Posted 12/8/2012 7:44:28 AM
Those are some good points tc don't see 199 by then though
#8HeaderHogPosted 12/8/2012 7:47:15 AM
ministerkataoka posted...
My God you are a genius TC! Nintendo should hire you as a consultant. Screw the interview and screening just get your ass working for them ASAP. You will save the company!

He's making a helluva lot more sense than most people on this board.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#9TonyRodrigues76Posted 12/8/2012 7:48:24 AM
Yes he is
#10EoinPosted 12/8/2012 7:51:51 AM
fa113nH3r0 posted...
I anticipate 2014 being the year the.next Xbox arrives (Holiday 2013 being the absolute earliest ETA)

It'll be Holiday 2013 - latest. Microsoft won't give Nintendo a two-Christmas head-start. Neither will Sony. The rumours are starting to come faster and faster. There's developers who definitely have dev kits for the next Microsoft machine (and have had, for a long time). The Microsoft and Sony 2013 line-ups are almost completely clear for the second half of the year. Everything points to both of them releasing their next-generation consoles then. I've been saying it for quite a while, but it's increasingly obvious that the Wii U won't go until 2014 without next-generation competition.