new wii u owner

#1desert_santaPosted 12/8/2012 8:52:19 AM
Hello Board,

I couldn't resist any longer and purchased the console today(loving the white model look) and played new super mario bros.

Good stuff and looking forward to future titles.

However I have noticed that the eject button power light is lit even when I switch the console off. Should I worry? Is it like the wii 24/7 connect thingy that could overheat the console, and if so how do I switch it off?
#2JonbazookabozPosted 12/8/2012 8:53:37 AM
I think its just so u can find it in the dark
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#3LordBowserPosted 12/8/2012 8:54:04 AM
desert_santa posted...
Hello Board,

I couldn't resist any longer and purchased the console today(loving the white model look) and played new super mario bros.

However I have noticed that the eject button power light is lit even when I switch the console off. Should I worry? Is it like the wii 24/7 connect thingy that could overheat the console, and if so how do I switch it off?

Mine is on, and I've never had any problems. I don't see why it would be an issue.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#4Shadowbird_RHPosted 12/8/2012 8:56:04 AM
That light indicates the presence of a disk in the system. It'll turn off if you remove the disk.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#5desert_santa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:59:55 AM
johnnybazookabo posted...
I think its just so u can find it in the dark

i lol'ed :p
#6desert_santa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:00:50 AM
LordBowser posted...
desert_santa posted...
Hello Board,

Mine is on, and I've never had any problems. I don't see why it would be an issue.

cool, i just got worried due to problems with previous consoles like the 360, ps3 and wii(made me paranoid)
#7desert_santa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:01:22 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
That light indicates the presence of a disk in the system. It'll turn off if you remove the disk.

thanks xD

now i can close the topic ^-^
#8jackorhoadsPosted 12/8/2012 9:07:35 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...

This.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd