Faith in next gen gaming?

#1StealthlysPosted 12/8/2012 10:07:22 AM
Do you have high hopes for next gen gaming? - Results (102 votes)
Yes
50.98% (52 votes)
No
49.02% (50 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think next gen is going to be bad.
#2YodaGoneMadPosted 12/8/2012 10:13:38 AM
I can't wait, but my definition of next-gen is the PS4 and 720. Systems that are actually, you know, better than the ancient stuff we have now.

After playing games like Assassins Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 I am totally stoked. If they can make those games today imagine what can happen with the extra power and new graphics engines like Unreal 4. I think we are going to see some incredible games.
#3AK_the_TwilightPosted 12/8/2012 10:20:01 AM
I've seen some pretty impressive genre-pushing games released on technology that's over six years old this generation. Lots of gamers get excited about new hardware, but many of the design elements of the games don't change with technology. I can't get too excited about the next generation from a technological standpoint, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong on this.
---
There's no mistaking it.
#4YodaGoneMadPosted 12/8/2012 1:43:22 PM
AK_the_Twilight posted...
I've seen some pretty impressive genre-pushing games released on technology that's over six years old this generation. Lots of gamers get excited about new hardware, but many of the design elements of the games don't change with technology. I can't get too excited about the next generation from a technological standpoint, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong on this.

The thing is games like Far Cry 3, which is a genre-redefining open world game, are running at 25 FPS on the current hardware. The current hardware is just too old to support really amazing games. I want game like Far Cry 3 running at 60 FPS with better visuals and less loading and just a better experience. That is what next-gen hardware will allow.
#5sloth927Posted 12/8/2012 1:46:14 PM
i think console gaming is going to be a trainwreck other then the wii u i think the next xbox and ps are going to be crazy expensive and if they try to compete withe pc's they will get slapped on there face.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#6Stealthlys(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 7:41:33 PM
I really don't like this thing I'm hearing about for the orbis+durango is that you need to be connected to the internet or some **** for games. Hopefully its false.
#7Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/8/2012 8:14:32 PM
No, the direction things are going looks bad. Too many series were corrupted by Call of Duty, and gamers have unreasonable expectations.
#8Stealthlys(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 2:00:56 AM
Pretty much.
#9ajko000Posted 12/9/2012 2:08:34 AM
No, because I originally thought you meant "faith" as in religion and stuff.

I need to get some sleep lol.

As in the next generation, if I'm hopeful, yes.

I really hope they pick up the pace.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#10RollerBobPosted 12/9/2012 6:30:13 AM
I'll have faith in next gen when they'll stop making huge graphical improvements over huge gameplay improvements.

The big studios need to bring something fresh to the table, like new IPs and new gameplay mecanics and stop rehashing the same IPs and mecanics over and over. They need to show that they can be as creative as the Indie studios, which at the moment, they're not.

They also need to shove their new ideas down the throats of elite gamers and tell them to either swallow it or choke with it to death. The consumers have changed... for the worst. They just want to have good-looking games for their HD TVs instead of games that are playable and enjoyable. They want to watch a movie instead of playing and interacting with the game.

Oh, they need to stop charging reviewers for good grades... or reviewers should start exposing studios that do so.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.