Assassins Creed 3 or New Super Mario Bros U?

#1PotatoHogPosted 12/8/2012 10:36:08 AM
My take on each:

Assassins Creed 3 - I enjoy a good grown-up game. This game looks to have graphics like Lost Planet. I enjoy a good single-player experience because sometimes I don't have others to play with. However, I am concerned that the religious themes that I've heard about in Assassins Creed might be a bit much. I am a religious person with a religious family that will be watching the game. This game got a great score on Metacritic for a Wii U game, .3 points better than New Super Mario Bros U. However, I'm also worried that I might not like this game and might consider it a bargain bin game, even if almost everyone else doesn't.

New Super Mario Bros U - I've heard this game is a bit difficult and I like that. I also know someone that will play 2-player with me, because they are interested in the game. I liked the Wii 2D Mario - the enemies seemed a bit... smart. However, I'm really a Sonic fan. This game seems to be Nintendo's answer as to why you should own a Wii U, games wise.

So narrowing it down to choices between these two, which should I get? Please don't name games other than these two. I've been recommended games like ZombiU which are supposedly quality but I have my reasons for narrowing it down/wanting to choose between these two right now.
---
Watching the Rams choke on the Packers Cobb reminds me that Sam "Bad"ford will never be on Godgers level.
#2UnbralPosted 12/8/2012 10:37:03 AM
dark souls 2
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#3Enigma149Posted 12/8/2012 10:37:52 AM
New Super Mario Bros. 2.

You enjoy good grown-up games. Assassin's Creed 3 is not good.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#4Metalsonic66Posted 12/8/2012 10:38:57 AM
Assassin's Creed 3.
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
#5kamikaze135Posted 12/8/2012 10:50:19 AM
Super Mario Bros U is pretty damn difficult if you're trying to get all of the star coins and finish all of the secret levels. I recommend waiting a bit for Assassin's Creed 3 before getting it. Assassin's Creed games come out yearly and they always drop like a stone in price within 3-4 months after release. By then, you can purchase the game and get all of the DLC for cheaper than what the game costs now.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#6PotatoHog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:47:07 AM
I'm spoiled by the fast-paced of Sonic, so I might find Mario a little boring. However I like a difficult game, so the difficulty might make up for it.

Assassins Creed 3, I would be taking a chance on though, because I have never played an Assassins Creed. The last couple of grown-up games I've played, Lost Planet and Halo 4, I felt burnt out on. I've played games that are more kid-oriented I didn't like too, but not lately.
---
Watching the Rams choke on the Packers Cobb reminds me that Sam "Bad"ford will never be on Godgers level.
#7PotatoHog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:49:42 AM
I mean Lost Planet 2.
---
#8sentoworfPosted 12/8/2012 11:51:23 AM
lol grown up games
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#9Jenniferwhite23Posted 12/8/2012 12:11:50 PM
mario u nuff said
#10drothegreat0nePosted 12/8/2012 12:30:21 PM
sentoworf posted...
lol grown up games

---
NNID - PeterTheGreat