how many Wii classic controllers can be plugged into wii U

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. how many Wii classic controllers can be plugged into wii U

User Info: gompers69

gompers69
4 years ago#1
To be clear I'm talking about the classic controllers for the original Wii and using them on the wii U. It's for smash bros. brawl :)

User Info: Unbral

Unbral
4 years ago#2
Two. Which reminds me of...
Dark Souls II
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: Andyliini

Andyliini
4 years ago#3
I think Wii U can receive up to four WiiMotes at a time, so I would say up to four Classic Controllers.

User Info: pokemega32

pokemega32
4 years ago#4
Zero. Classic Controllers are not plugged into the console.
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.

User Info: gompers69

gompers69
4 years ago#5
they must be compatible, I asked nintendo customer support myself and they said they were compatible with Wii U

User Info: aj_hacker87

aj_hacker87
4 years ago#6
Andyliini posted...
I think Wii U can receive up to four WiiMotes at a time, so I would say up to four Classic Controllers.
Youtube: www.youtube.com/mrdraycan

User Info: AnimeDrew

AnimeDrew
4 years ago#7
I believe 4 as you can use 4 Wii motion plus remotes. You do not plug them into the system you plug them into the Wii motion plus remotes. So if you want to use 4 classic controllers you would need 4 Wii motion plus controllers as well.

User Info: Aaron44126

Aaron44126
4 years ago#8
4. (You must have 4 Wii remotes to plug them into, doesn't matter if they are "Plus" or not.)

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
4 years ago#9
gompers69 posted...
they must be compatible, I asked nintendo customer support myself and they said they were compatible with Wii U

so this means we don't need to buy the new classic controller pro that's wireless?
Ron Paul 2012

User Info: KoopaSheller11

KoopaSheller11
4 years ago#10
VeryDarkSoul posted...
gompers69 posted...

so this means we don't need to buy the new classic controller pro that's wireless?

Along these lines: Does the CCP work with wiiu games that use the new wiiu pro controller?
"G-force on my faaaaaaaaaace!" ~Pit
I'm a Christian and love Jesus! If I do anything to make you think less of Christians, let me know!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. how many Wii classic controllers can be plugged into wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived