Why the F*** does Nintendoland tell me to TAKE A BREAK after I game for a bit???

#101Devil_wings00Posted 12/8/2012 7:17:26 PM
Enigma149 posted...
You say you are an adult...but your going onto an internet message board to rant about a video game (swearing five times, no less) and how you want to be "treated like an adult" appears to suggest otherwise.

**EDIT**

Actually, six times - I forgot the title.

Ya since adults NEVER swear...have you ever interacted with an adult human male before lol
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#102token_swordsmanPosted 12/8/2012 7:19:14 PM
i don't think you need a break...more like nappy time.

how many people have died now because they sat too long without moving? its to try to keep you sane...glad you took a break to rant here so you aren't just sitting mindlessly
---
^ Typed this from my wii u ^
#103BuretsuPosted 12/8/2012 7:32:02 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
You say you are an adult...but your going onto an internet message board to rant about a video game (swearing five times, no less) and how you want to be "treated like an adult" appears to suggest otherwise.

**EDIT**

Ya since adults NEVER swear...have you ever interacted with an adult human male before lol

They don't swear nearly as much as adolescents who think doing it makes them sound like adults.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#104Devil_wings00Posted 12/8/2012 7:32:10 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
SuperVegito2487 posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Blame that one guy that died playing too much World of Warcraft.

But thats like DAYS and WEEKS in one go, and it was his own life, it was a MMO game, and suicide isnt illegal either, not that you can punish a dead person.

Actually it is against the law to attempt suicide. If you're caught then they'll take yer ass into custody.

Which is just as silly. If your in the state of mind to commit suicide you have serious problems that need help and being tossed in jail is so going to help your state of mind right? lol Where I live they take you to a hospital and put you on suicide watch. If the on duty psychiatrist deems you to not just be faking and believes you will actually do it then they send you to get some therapy. Then again I live in a country with socialized medicine (A bloody sin for Americans). I guess it's just easier and more profitable for private prisons if they just toss as many people as they can in slammer for any asinine reason.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#105Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/8/2012 7:34:47 PM
Golden Maven posted...

That's cause he stayed up for several days
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#106Devil_wings00Posted 12/8/2012 7:35:21 PM
digiblaster posted...
I can only assume a lot of the people complaining about this haven't even played the game. You're acting like the game stops you from doing anything for a while whenever that message pops up.

For those who don't know, or who want to join in and complain about something they don't understand, the message in question occasionally shows up in place of a hint about the game you're playing. So, when you choose the attraction you want to play, instead of reading about how you use the analog stick to move while the game loads, you get a message that says to take a break every now and then.

I, like many others, don't feel the need to take frequent breaks. So, what I do - get this - is press the ****ing A button and carry on with my gaming.

Ironically, stopping playing to come here and write this rant probably took up more time than you'll ever spend reading about the message you came here to complain about in the first place.

Sounds the same as WoW. The loading screens occasionally have a little TIP message that says you should go outside and socialize or something like that, It's been there since vanilla or at least BC. Doesn't really sound that intrusive. I thought it was an actual message that poped up and paused the game or something. If what you say is true then more then a few games do that. Big fricken deal.
---
#107Icy_the_penguinPosted 12/8/2012 7:41:49 PM
It is because there are people out there that look like adults but have the mentality of toddlers, and I'm not talking about the mentally handicapped, I'm talking about the idiots who don't know that coffee is served hot. The fact that these people exist and that courts have justified their ignorance through large monetary rewards means that the real adults have to put up with ridiculously obvious warnings.

The warning to take a break every so often is in every manual I've ever read since the NES days. But you have to remember that Nintendo assimilated the previously unblooded gamers into the gaming world and as such decided to be proactive and remind these new gamers, who probably don't read manuals, that its good to take a break every so often. In todays world, it seems that if the warning isn't thrown in your face, its not your own fault if you get hurt. Is it annoying that this has been done? Yes. Is it surprising considering the increasing amount of lawsuits and recent deaths of gamers in countries like South Korea? Not really.
#108P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/8/2012 7:48:36 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
SuperVegito2487 posted...
Golden Maven posted...

But thats like DAYS and WEEKS in one go, and it was his own life, it was a MMO game, and suicide isnt illegal either, not that you can punish a dead person.

Actually it is against the law to attempt suicide. If you're caught then they'll take yer ass into custody.

Which is just as silly. If your in the state of mind to commit suicide you have serious problems that need help and being tossed in jail is so going to help your state of mind right? lol Where I live they take you to a hospital and put you on suicide watch. If the on duty psychiatrist deems you to not just be faking and believes you will actually do it then they send you to get some therapy. Then again I live in a country with socialized medicine (A bloody sin for Americans). I guess it's just easier and more profitable for private prisons if they just toss as many people as they can in slammer for any asinine reason.

Iknowrite? It's really f'd up. Another thing is how they will let a guy go for murder if he claims "self-defense" or they'll throw someone in prison for not paying child support for their 25 year old offspring :/
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#109Enigma149Posted 12/8/2012 7:50:00 PM
Buretsu posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...
Enigma149 posted...

**EDIT**

They don't swear nearly as much as adolescents who think doing it makes them sound like adults.

---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#110Pawkie07Posted 12/8/2012 7:52:13 PM
just another reason why the wii u is made of FAIL