Why the F*** does Nintendoland tell me to TAKE A BREAK after I game for a bit???

#61P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/8/2012 5:20:13 PM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Blame that one guy that died playing too much World of Warcraft.

But thats like DAYS and WEEKS in one go, and it was his own life, it was a MMO game, and suicide isnt illegal either, not that you can punish a dead person.

Actually it is against the law to attempt suicide. If you're caught then they'll take yer ass into custody.
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#62ArabrockermanXPosted 12/8/2012 5:21:16 PM
I think MGS4 told me to take a break before...
#63dominatinggamerPosted 12/8/2012 5:22:51 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
WTF?!?!?

I'm a motherf***ing grown ass man and if I want to play Videogames for 10 hours its my prerogative.

---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#64FireKatKidPosted 12/8/2012 5:26:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#65digiblasterPosted 12/8/2012 5:27:36 PM
I can only assume a lot of the people complaining about this haven't even played the game. You're acting like the game stops you from doing anything for a while whenever that message pops up.

For those who don't know, or who want to join in and complain about something they don't understand, the message in question occasionally shows up in place of a hint about the game you're playing. So, when you choose the attraction you want to play, instead of reading about how you use the analog stick to move while the game loads, you get a message that says to take a break every now and then.

I, like many others, don't feel the need to take frequent breaks. So, what I do - get this - is press the ****ing A button and carry on with my gaming.

Ironically, stopping playing to come here and write this rant probably took up more time than you'll ever spend reading about the message you came here to complain about in the first place.
#66SuperVegito2487Posted 12/8/2012 5:34:54 PM
LaMafiacci posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...

The sign of maturity you all are looking for is the fact of not giving a s*** about what others think or how others do things if it doesn't affect you. <- real maturity.

So... let me get this straight: complete apathy towards your neighbor, except when what he does affects you, is the greatest sign of maturity? I'm sorry, but that sounds like the highest form of self-centeredness to me. If you think your neighbor is doing something harmful to himself, how little do you have to value him to say, "It's his life, let him botch it up if he wishes to"?

let me get THIS straight, because your example is odd, you claim playing videogames is like cutting yourself, and/or taking, or using harmfull, and illegal drugs, like pot, cocaine and such...

it should more be compared to smokers, and such and even smoking isnt the same.

Intefering with someones life like this is like saying

OMFG OMFG thats.... thats coffee, OMFG OMFG you have bread too, dear lord you have water supply dont you know that can kill you?

And if anyone did that to me i would throw them out, then out again and down the stairs, because EVERYTHING kills if used too much, so srsly?
---
http://www.xkcd.com/609/ GT SuperVegitoFAN
This is why Chrome isnt as good as people says.
#67Fou LuPosted 12/8/2012 5:35:37 PM
snowboard340 posted...
Uh the xbox always gives break messages

I've never seen it.

It's only with Kinect games. After about 45 minutes it says if you're feeling sore, you should take a break, then repeats it every hour.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#68Shadowstalker2121Posted 12/8/2012 5:39:18 PM
People can and will overreact to just about anything. This is living undeniable proof.

Like many others have mentioned, this is not the first time a game has suggested it. By the way, did I mention that it's merely a suggestion? Your arm isn't being twisted into taking a break. The game isn't shutting itself down to force you to take a break, either. Relax.

FreakyForms Deluxe on the 3DS says this after nearly every adventure (most of which last for roughly 5 minutes). Overlook it... or, if it really detracts from the game, stop playing it, throw it out the window, and never have to deal with the message again.

Problem solved!
---
A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist.
#69CovenantPosted 12/8/2012 5:40:03 PM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
And @ the guys pointing the finger of immaturity.... what, adults don't swear?

It isn't a matter of adult or child. It is a matter of maturity and intelligence.

Swearing makes you a child?

Mature, intelligent people don't need to swear every single sentence.

Adults never get angry or yell or rant?

Mature, intelligent people may get angry, but do not yell and rant because of it. Yelling is pointless and rants are rarely given proper consideration before being voiced.

Thats what being mature is all about?

No. Being mature is about making reasoned, appropriate decisions. Swearing every sentence is neither reasoned nor appropriate, even on GameFAQs, as this topic shows.

The sign of maturity you all are looking for is the fact of not giving a s*** about what others think or how others do things if it doesn't affect you. <- real maturity.

No, that's just selfishness and apathy.
#70Vara_samaPosted 12/8/2012 5:51:33 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
WTF?!?!?

I'm a motherf***ing grown ass man and if I want to play Videogames for 10 hours its my prerogative.

Seriously Sony and Microsoft don't pull this s*** on their customers.
Imagine if Final Fantasy VII or Halo had like take a break warning that came up every 15 minutes!

>_<

I'm on an adult account and I want to be able play games and not get treated like a kid!!!
Hell even as a kid Super Mario Bros 3 or Link to the Past never told me to take a break.

I don't have Nintendo Land, but If that message appears just like it did on Wii Sports, I really don't understand why you're complaining. Unless those messages appear mid-game, interrupting the game all of a sudden while you're in the middle of a good game and makes you lose, it shouldn't affect you at all.