Why the F*** does Nintendoland tell me to TAKE A BREAK after I game for a bit???

#71SuperVegito2487Posted 12/8/2012 5:54:34 PM
Fou Lu posted...
snowboard340 posted...
Uh the xbox always gives break messages

I've never seen it.

It's only with Kinect games. After about 45 minutes it says if you're feeling sore, you should take a break, then repeats it every hour.

45 minutes and 1 hour, thats acceptable time periods and it doesnt say "take a break" BUT "if you feel TIRED MAYBE you should take a break"
---
http://www.xkcd.com/609/ GT SuperVegitoFAN
This is why Chrome isnt as good as people says.
#72SuperVegito2487Posted 12/8/2012 5:58:57 PM
sloth927 posted...
oh no i have to push 1 button and dont even need to read the message..... so hard...

its not that, its that it stops you gameplay after 15 minutes, which is an unacceptable time peroid, and im also fairly certain that message dont give a damn about checkpoints, how about an action game fighting a massive nasty boss he strikes out you are read to counter it, womp the message appears and once you remove it your timing is off, the boss kills you and you have to fight it all over again, those messages cant, and dont have the decency to show up at good places such as, idk SAVE POINTS??

current games are long enough that these are needed and therefore you rarely quit a game for a break without meeting one of these anyways, so these warnings are useless, and just downright interruptingly annoying, when they happen in the middle of the game, they would be usefull at save spots though, or at the end of a fight in a fighting game THATS acceptable but in the middle of the gameplay, in the middle of something that could be a huge fricking, and difficult boss battle

IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, and never will be.
---
#73FireKatKidPosted 12/8/2012 6:01:15 PM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
sloth927 posted...
oh no i have to push 1 button and dont even need to read the message..... so hard...

its not that, its that it stops you gameplay after 15 minutes.

Oh, it does? That's amusing cause I play it for hours at a time and it only pops up on loading screens.
Guess I got the one working one, eh?
#74Parad0x_Zer0Posted 12/8/2012 6:05:29 PM
dart246 posted...
With a response like that....are you sure you're an adult?

---
"People will think of Frankenstein and they will say 'I can't believe it's not butter.' "
#75majora123Posted 12/8/2012 6:06:35 PM
I'm surprised this isn't mandatory in all games considering how many game marathon related deaths their have been. It doesn't really do anything, it's just to cover themselves legally.
---
FC's in profile 3DS: 4511-0558-2564 Wii U: Mike623 Message if u add me. I welcome all requests!
#76SuperVegito2487Posted 12/8/2012 6:07:12 PM
FireKatKid posted...
SmoshCuch posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Uh the xbox always gives break messages

It's kind of condescending, regardless of what system it's on.

Put it under parental controls. If a parent wants their child to be reminded to take a break now and then, fine. If an adult wants to be treated like an adult who is capable of being responsible for themselves, that should be fine too.

Leaving most adults to be "responsible for themselves" is a mistake unto itself.
Edit for clarification:
Given what most of them tend to do. That's how we got Jackass as a show, I'm sure.

Also, to the topic maker, get over it. It's something to glance at during a loading screen while you mash buttons, like everyone who plays games does, in secret hopes that it'll make the loading screen go faster anyways. o:

being responsible for yourself, having the freedom to make your own choices, and mistakes, is part of being an adult, you cant rule over people once they have reached the age of 18, 21 in few other countries, then they reach, authority?? ehh google translate?? none the less, when you reach that age it means you have to take care of yourself, in order for people to even be ALLOWED to help you, you have to sign on something so that they can do so, or listen to advice.

In both cases your descision is ultimate, those agreements are called ultimatums, for that reason, if you are immature enough that "authority" will never be given to you anyways but trust me it takes a lot to reach that level, if you want to soil yourself, or kill somone its completely your free descision BUT you have to also take the consequenses for it...

This literally takes peoples freedom rights away, if it was just a little info box on load screens, or during saving, and such then i wouldnt have a problem, but thats not how it goes and thats why its wrong, try visiting a friend, or person you know with a ps3 or a 360 and in the middle of their game suddenly just reach over and press the xbox guide button/ps button (depending on the console), and see their reactions.

THIS is what that pop,up does and thats why its hated, it can appear at very inconvenient places, and thats just not right, thats very very wrong, in games like pokemon, or other turnbased rpgs, it wont matter, but in many, if not all, action games it will interfere, in racing games as well

AND not all of these games auto pause when such a thing occurs, others just keeps going and in many action games a second is a lot of time.
---
#77SuperVegito2487Posted 12/8/2012 6:09:10 PM
Vara_sama posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
WTF?!?!?

I'm a motherf***ing grown ass man and if I want to play Videogames for 10 hours its my prerogative.

Seriously Sony and Microsoft don't pull this s*** on their customers.
Imagine if Final Fantasy VII or Halo had like take a break warning that came up every 15 minutes!

>_<

I'm on an adult account and I want to be able play games and not get treated like a kid!!!
Hell even as a kid Super Mario Bros 3 or Link to the Past never told me to take a break.

I don't have Nintendo Land, but If that message appears just like it did on Wii Sports, I really don't understand why you're complaining. Unless those messages appear mid-game, interrupting the game all of a sudden while you're in the middle of a good game and makes you lose, it shouldn't affect you at all.

ive seen a screenshot, and it looked very well like what happen with guide button and home button on 360 and ps3, and not all games pause when that happens, in racing games for instance that can make you lose, when you where so close to win, after trying 10 times, and sometimes if a certain part of a game is annoying me enough i HAVE to complete it before stopping otherwise i wont be able to take that "rest" its all about.
---
#78twiztidfreak6t9Posted 12/8/2012 6:09:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#79SuperVegito2487Posted 12/8/2012 6:10:14 PM
FireKatKid posted...
sloth927 posted...

its not that, its that it stops you gameplay after 15 minutes.

Oh, it does? That's amusing cause I play it for hours at a time and it only pops up on loading screens.
Guess I got the one working one, eh?

saw a screenshot, didnt look like a pause menu message.
---
#80FireKatKidPosted 12/8/2012 6:11:36 PM(edited)

being responsible for yourself, having the freedom to make your own choices, and mistakes, is part of being an adult, you cant rule over people once they have reached the age of 18, 21 in few other countries, then they reach, authority?? ehh google translate?? none the less, when you reach that age it means you have to take care of yourself, in order for people to even be ALLOWED to help you, you have to sign on something so that they can do so, or listen to advice.

In both cases your descision is ultimate, those agreements are called ultimatums, for that reason, if you are immature enough that "authority" will never be given to you anyways but trust me it takes a lot to reach that level, if you want to soil yourself, or kill somone its completely your free descision BUT you have to also take the consequenses for it...

This literally takes peoples freedom rights away, if it was just a little info box on load screens, or during saving, and such then i wouldnt have a problem, but thats not how it goes and thats why its wrong, try visiting a friend, or person you know with a ps3 or a 360 and in the middle of their game suddenly just reach over and press the xbox guide button/ps button (depending on the console), and see their reactions.

THIS is what that pop,up does and thats why its hated, it can appear at very inconvenient places, and thats just not right, thats very very wrong, in games like pokemon, or other turnbased rpgs, it wont matter, but in many, if not all, action games it will interfere, in racing games as well

AND not all of these games auto pause when such a thing occurs, others just keeps going and in many action games a second is a lot of time.

You think a suggestion to aim for good health is taking away freedoms, uh huh.
Yeah, ok. Glad you make your own decisions. I'm gonna go... play my games now. And do what you should have done in the first place: skip past the suggestion.

saw a screenshot, didnt look like a pause menu message.

"Loading screens aren't pause menus": News at 11.