Why Nintendo is going to win this gen.

#1_NintendoPosted 12/8/2012 2:30:09 PM
- If Sony and MS really do block used games on the PS4/720, retailers like GameStop WILL refuse to sell their Systems, 90% of GameStop's Sales come from used games.

- If the PS4/720 are really powerful like rumors say they are, then they are going to be asking an absurd amount of money for them.

- Sony is not doing well right now. If they make even a tiny mistake on the Orbis, they will go under, no doubt about it.

- The only thing Microsoft still has to cling to is Halo, Gears of War, and Other generic 3rd party FPS games. Meanwhile, Nintendo has more 3rd Party Support than we even know about right now, and they still are able to make a fresh game out of all of their old IPs.

Feel free to disagree.
---
Call me a fanboy, call me a drone, but remember, you don't have Cubone.
#2AsuirPosted 12/8/2012 2:34:41 PM
_Nintendo posted...
- If Sony and MS really do block used games on the PS4/720, retailers like GameStop WILL refuse to sell their Systems, 90% of GameStop's Sales come from used games.

- If the PS4/720 are really powerful like rumors say they are, then they are going to be asking an absurd amount of money for them.

- Sony is not doing well right now. If they make even a tiny mistake on the Orbis, they will go under, no doubt about it.

- The only thing Microsoft still has to cling to is Halo, Gears of War, and Other generic 3rd party FPS games. Meanwhile, Nintendo has more 3rd Party Support than we even know about right now, and they still are able to make a fresh game out of all of their old IPs.

Feel free to disagree.

1. Not going to happen. Banning used games would kill them both.

2. Not necessarily. They both know they can't have "$599 US Dollars" again. Especially the way the economy is now.

3. The gaming division is one of the only profitable divisions of Sony. They know they ****** up with the PS3 launch and I'm fairly sure they don't want their company to go under.

4. Microsoft has been so successful because multiplatform games are made for the 360 first. This may not stay the same in the future, but that is why the 360 has been so successful. And Nintendo DOES NOT have the same 3rd party support as the 360/720 or PS3/PS4. To think that would be foolish.
---
Ftw!
#3WideAwakePosted 12/8/2012 2:40:10 PM
1. BIG if

2. I think they'll be smart with pricing, but they could also "justify" a high price with some kind of bundle

3. Sony will figure it out, Orbis (Omni?) will (i think) be the only typical controller console, and I think people will appreciate that

4. They have other IP's in their bags (banjo kazooie for one), and as Asuir has mentioned, Xbox has stronger 3rd party support, if not the strongest
---
"What's more important? That the right man is elected President, or that Star Wars is with people who will protect it most?"
#4megax11Posted 12/8/2012 2:41:20 PM
Asuir posted...
_Nintendo posted...

Feel free to disagree.

1. Not going to happen. Banning used games would kill them both.

2. Not necessarily. They both know they can't have "$599 US Dollars" again. Especially the way the economy is now.

3. The gaming division is one of the only profitable divisions of Sony. They know they ****** up with the PS3 launch and I'm fairly sure they don't want their company to go under.

4. Microsoft has been so successful because multiplatform games are made for the 360 first. This may not stay the same in the future, but that is why the 360 has been so successful. And Nintendo DOES NOT have the same 3rd party support as the 360/720 or PS3/PS4. To think that would be foolish.

1: But, you're assuming. Developers have stated their dislike of used games. It could happen more than it could not.

2: They don't care about the economy, and corporations aren't new to making bad choices. Most companies destroy themselves from within, why couldn't Sony and Microsoft?

3: Same as number 2.

4: But now that we're in the 8th gen, games COULD be lead developed on the Wii U and ported to the other systems. The system has a year head start to build 3rd party support, just like MS built strong 3rd party support by releasing first, when it had virtually no 3rd party support on the system that came before the 360. It's history repeating itself, only the Wii U does more than any other console that came before it.

To think 3rd party developers won't flock to Wii U, due to the lack of other 8th gen systems at this time, would be foolish. Even Ubisoft said that MS and Sony hurt this gen of gaming by stretching out their console lifespans too long. Now there is a new console that can do more and offer new ways to play games. Maybe that's why Rayman Legends is exclusive and not on the 360/PS3, which means it was also lead developed on the Wii U, should they happen to change their minds in the longrun. Uh-oh.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#5_Nintendo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:47:08 PM
Inb4massquotewars
---
Call me a fanboy, call me a drone, but remember, you don't have Cubone.
#6SaaaayWhaaaaaaPosted 12/8/2012 4:06:10 PM
Sure theh will.
---
This post made using GameRaven alpha_build_12
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity
#7lgiPosted 12/8/2012 5:05:32 PM(edited)
They're on a gen of their own. Of course they'll win. It's like racing against yourself. They launched uncontested, after the PS3 and Xbox 360, and before the PS4 and 720. What did they win exactly? Tell me.
#8RyuuHou25Posted 12/8/2012 5:09:55 PM
_Nintendo posted...

So Nintendo will win because of speculations? Compelling argument Sir!!

There was a rumour about blocking used games before PS3 and 360 came out as well, we've been over this about a billion times, will never happen.

Sony as a whole is not doing well, but they're not doing horribly either. Their gaming division, on the other hand, is doing stellar, even the Vita is starting to pick up (sadly due to COD and Black Friday, but still)

Nintendo had third party support with the Wii too, and their gaming librarys best games were still in house games. People don't play Nintendo for third party games mostly, they get it for the Nintendo games.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#9googlerPosted 12/8/2012 5:13:21 PM
Already confirmed that I has a 1:1 software attach rate which is even worse than Wii's, which kind of speaks for consumer reception... It's not winning anything
#10grandabxPosted 12/8/2012 5:21:01 PM
_Nintendo posted...

Feel free to disagree.

1. you're wasting your time if you think this is going to happen. no one would alienate the stores that buy your products.

2. sony's giving gamers everything they want right now because they know it's important. if they have to put more emphasis on their gaming division, you can be sure they will. look at all the stuff ps3 owners have available to them.

3. that could change rather quickly with all the money that company has. they were just lucky a lot of good 3rd party games came out consistantly. they saw no need to make exclusive core games because they were focus on selling more consoles by getting people into kinect. it could hurt them with core gamers, but they'll more likely buy the next ps console and watch ms for a while.