Does anybody have one small thing that prevents them from getting a Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does anybody have one small thing that prevents them from getting a Wii U?

User Info: DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee
4 years ago#1
I swear, if the Wii U had the ability to play blu-ray movies I would have one.
Playing (PS3/360): Halo 4, Far Cry 3 (PS3), Borderlands 2 (PS3)

User Info: sloth927

sloth927
4 years ago#2
would be nice but i think all movies are going digital eventually anyway so eh.
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp

User Info: SuperShadowAce

SuperShadowAce
4 years ago#3
College prevents me from having too much spending money.
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.

User Info: Santo3485

Santo3485
4 years ago#4
Games. The exclusives doesnt interest me at all and I can get the ports cheaper. A new F-Zero, Baten Kaitos or Killer 7 sequel could win me over.

Meanwhile, I can wait. Im in no hurry to get the Wii U.

Edit: Add Star Fox above as well. Loved it on Snes and N64 back in the days.
In theory there is no differens between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.

User Info: _Candice_

_Candice_
4 years ago#5
Needs more Starfox IMO
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard

User Info: SSJ4CHRIS

SSJ4CHRIS
4 years ago#6
That stupid setup of the sticks and buttons. There's no way I can hold that thing comfortably, and I tried too. I can't see spending money on something that's not designed for adult hands. And before anyone says "use the classic pro", I already have an Xbox.

The point of the Wii U is the gamepad's supposed "innovation", so playing it with an Xbox controller is wasting my money. Although I actually did play the original Xbox with a PS2 controller.
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.

User Info: Megagunstarman

Megagunstarman
4 years ago#7
I swear, if MH3U was out I would have one.
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11

User Info: HaRRy_TiPPeR_

HaRRy_TiPPeR_
4 years ago#8
The name.
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
4 years ago#9
Nah. My experience with GameCube and Wii inspired me to buy a Wii U. I have no doubts that it'll have games that make it a must-own console even if it isn't yet, and I don't have enough reason not to have bought early.

Now, PS3, first it was the price. $600 for a gaming device is ridiculous. Later, I was getting ready to buy one, and then I learned that they cut PS2 compatibility, and that delayed it for a good long while. Eventually, I bought a Netflix subscription for my dad, and it was so popular with him that I pretty much lost control of my Wii. I figured it was time to get a PS3 at that point, so he could watch Netflix on it and I could get my Wii back.

About a month ago I bought Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds for my dad, and like Netflix, it's so popular that I can't really get any real time in on the PS3. Hopefully I can find something on the Wii or Wii U that will be popular enough with him to let me switch consoles around without bumming him out.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: Golden Maven

Golden Maven
4 years ago#10
sloth927 posted...
would be nice but i think all movies are going digital eventually anyway so eh.

Don't be silly. The current Internet infrastructure in North America cannot sustain Blu-Ray quality movies.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does anybody have one small thing that prevents them from getting a Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived