Does anybody have one small thing that prevents them from getting a Wii U?

#1DiaperDandeePosted 12/8/2012 3:23:34 PM
I swear, if the Wii U had the ability to play blu-ray movies I would have one.
---
Playing (PS3/360): Halo 4, Far Cry 3 (PS3), Borderlands 2 (PS3)
#2sloth927Posted 12/8/2012 3:24:26 PM
would be nice but i think all movies are going digital eventually anyway so eh.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#3SuperShadowAcePosted 12/8/2012 3:25:40 PM
College prevents me from having too much spending money.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#4Santo3485Posted 12/8/2012 3:36:44 PM(edited)
Games. The exclusives doesnt interest me at all and I can get the ports cheaper. A new F-Zero, Baten Kaitos or Killer 7 sequel could win me over.

Meanwhile, I can wait. Im in no hurry to get the Wii U.

Edit: Add Star Fox above as well. Loved it on Snes and N64 back in the days.
---
In theory there is no differens between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.
#5_Candice_Posted 12/8/2012 3:30:18 PM
Needs more Starfox IMO
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#6SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/8/2012 3:49:23 PM
That stupid setup of the sticks and buttons. There's no way I can hold that thing comfortably, and I tried too. I can't see spending money on something that's not designed for adult hands. And before anyone says "use the classic pro", I already have an Xbox.

The point of the Wii U is the gamepad's supposed "innovation", so playing it with an Xbox controller is wasting my money. Although I actually did play the original Xbox with a PS2 controller.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#7MegagunstarmanPosted 12/8/2012 3:52:21 PM
I swear, if MH3U was out I would have one.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#8HaRRy_TiPPeR_Posted 12/8/2012 3:55:39 PM
The name.
---
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#9Shadowbird_RHPosted 12/8/2012 3:57:23 PM
Nah. My experience with GameCube and Wii inspired me to buy a Wii U. I have no doubts that it'll have games that make it a must-own console even if it isn't yet, and I don't have enough reason not to have bought early.

Now, PS3, first it was the price. $600 for a gaming device is ridiculous. Later, I was getting ready to buy one, and then I learned that they cut PS2 compatibility, and that delayed it for a good long while. Eventually, I bought a Netflix subscription for my dad, and it was so popular with him that I pretty much lost control of my Wii. I figured it was time to get a PS3 at that point, so he could watch Netflix on it and I could get my Wii back.

About a month ago I bought Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds for my dad, and like Netflix, it's so popular that I can't really get any real time in on the PS3. Hopefully I can find something on the Wii or Wii U that will be popular enough with him to let me switch consoles around without bumming him out.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#10Golden MavenPosted 12/8/2012 3:58:19 PM
sloth927 posted...
would be nice but i think all movies are going digital eventually anyway so eh.

Don't be silly. The current Internet infrastructure in North America cannot sustain Blu-Ray quality movies.