Can you get a larger hard dirve to use with this?

#1Milla_MaxwellPosted 12/8/2012 3:39:24 PM
32 gigs is just pathertic, is there any way to use a larger hard drive :/
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#2sloth927Posted 12/8/2012 3:40:38 PM
ya you can buy a external hard drive up to 3tb i have a 2tb one plugged in atm.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#3Shadowbird_RHPosted 12/8/2012 3:40:51 PM
You can buy an external hard drive to use with it, so long as it's <2TB.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#4picanoPosted 12/8/2012 3:43:54 PM(edited)
^ Just to clear up the two posts above... 2TB is currently supported with 3TB to be worked in a later update.

The HDD will then become completely tied to the Wii U (no partitions).
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#5Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:43:40 PM
Maybe I'll get a 500 GB one, I hear they're about $50.

Is there a certain version that works best?
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#6TKUKGPosted 12/8/2012 4:09:25 PM
OK explain to me why 32 gig is pathetic? You planning on purchasing many games via download rather than a physical copy?
If not it's plenty big enough.
Also external USB hard drives are cheap and almost everyone owns one, if not, go buy one.
#7sloth927Posted 12/8/2012 4:12:02 PM
TKUKG posted...
OK explain to me why 32 gig is pathetic? You planning on purchasing many games via download rather than a physical copy?
If not it's plenty big enough.
Also external USB hard drives are cheap and almost everyone owns one, if not, go buy one.

29gb available is very small if you want to go digital at all just saying.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#8XSilverPhoenixXPosted 12/8/2012 4:36:39 PM(edited)
It just shows how out of touch Nintardo is with the industry. A miniscule hard drive that cannot be replaced and you need yet another hard drive plugged into it if you need more space. As if the system isn't already big enough with it's power brick and the game pad and another power brick.

Even downloadable only games can be a few gigs worth of data, so that can eat up space quickly. It really was poor planning on their part to have such small hard drives.

Besides, the system is going to be nothing but party games just like the Wii was so it's going to have a ton of filler where only talented developers will be releasing games you want to buy.
#9TKUKGPosted 12/8/2012 4:27:53 PM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
It just shows how out of touch Nintardo is with the industry. A miniscule hard drive that cannot be replaced and you need yet another hard drive plugged into it if you need more space. As if the system isn't already big enough with it's power brick and the game pad and another power brick.

Even downloadable only games can be a few gigs worth of data, so that can eat up space quickly. It really was poor plannin on their part to have such small hard drives.

Besides, the system is going to be nothing but party games just like the Wii was so it's going to have a ton of filler where only talented developers will be releasing games you want to buy.

Lend me that magic crystal ball of future telling you have.
Remind me again how big the 360 HDD was when it came out? Oh yeah that's right.

Yeah add a 250gig HDD and push the price of the console up even further.
LOGIC!
#10Starwars4JPosted 12/8/2012 4:30:14 PM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...

Even downloadable only games can be a few gigs worth of data, so that can eat up space quickly. It really was poor plannin on their part to have such small hard drives.

Oh God, not the power brick! It's so large, I bet you can barely lift it :(
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade