Can you get a larger hard dirve to use with this?

#11XSilverPhoenixXPosted 12/8/2012 3:39:32 PM
TKUKG posted...
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
It just shows how out of touch Nintardo is with the industry. A miniscule hard drive that cannot be replaced and you need yet another hard drive plugged into it if you need more space. As if the system isn't already big enough with it's power brick and the game pad and another power brick.

Even downloadable only games can be a few gigs worth of data, so that can eat up space quickly. It really was poor plannin on their part to have such small hard drives.

Besides, the system is going to be nothing but party games just like the Wii was so it's going to have a ton of filler where only talented developers will be releasing games you want to buy.

Lend me that magic crystal ball of future telling you have.
Remind me again how big the 360 HDD was when it came out? Oh yeah that's right.

Yeah add a 250gig HDD and push the price of the console up even further.
LOGIC!

No one said it had to be 250GB, but if you're referencing the 360 those hard drives were replaced at lightning speed because of how small they were. People were forced to buy a bigger hard drive for the system, The same goes with the horrible 4GB arcade models where you will have to buy another hard drive if you plan to download or install a game to it.
#12XSilverPhoenixXPosted 12/8/2012 3:42:35 PM
Starwars4J posted...
It just shows how out of touch Nintardo is with the industry. A miniscule hard drive that cannot be replaced and you need yet another hard drive plugged into it if you need more space. As if the system isn't already big enough with it's power brick and the game pad and another power brick.

Even downloadable only games can be a few gigs worth of data, so that can eat up space quickly. It really was poor plannin on their part to have such small hard drives.

Besides, the system is going to be nothing but party games just like the Wii was so it's going to have a ton of filler where only talented developers will be releasing games you want to buy.

Oh God, not the power brick! It's so large, I bet you can barely lift it :(

I could stick it through your face if you want to see for yourself. Aside from your troll comment, it's just more space that gets taken up for no good reason.
#13megamachopopPosted 12/8/2012 3:45:15 PM
Except the Wii U doesn't have a hard drive, it has a flash memory. Yes it's small, but I'm assuming they we're planning for people to buy hard drives for whatever reason.
---
GHWT FC: 2020 3760 0511 Brawl FC: 2878 9814 3260 TTT,
Wii FC/ Guitar Hero 5: 0802 2205 8183 8469
#14DiscostewSMPosted 12/8/2012 3:46:32 PM

Even downloadable only games can be a few gigs worth of data, so that can eat up space quickly. It really was poor planning on their part to have such small hard drives.

Yes, they're so out of touch that they'd rather not force their customers to pay extra for something larger built in that they may not actually need, but let them choose how they can expand it instead.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#15Phange 2Posted 12/8/2012 3:46:40 PM
TKUKG posted...

LOGIC!

Remind me again when the 360 came out?

Oh yeah, that's right, 2005
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#16JunahuPosted 12/8/2012 3:47:57 PM
People are actually planning to buy full priced games digitally from the eShop? Enough to actually fill 29Gb?
If you have that kind of extra money laying around, then an external hard drive isn't going to be a problem.
#17grandabxPosted 12/8/2012 3:48:47 PM
TKUKG posted...

LOGIC!

you're talking about over SIX years ago. it's 2012, nintendo is stuck in 1997. no one told them to make a useless controller in the first place! all they had to do was design a controller that was good for first-person shooters, real-time strategy and fighting games. they could've then added the desperately needed power the wii 1.8 is going to be without(which is why it's not future proof in the slightest. honestly, it's not even 6-months-proof).

if they are going to be giving their so-called online service any updates, space is going to be needed. that goes double for any patches/updates to games. for any gamer that own a ps3 or 360 this should be common sense.
#18nilesthebravePosted 12/8/2012 3:50:25 PM
Starwars4J posted...

Oh God, not the power brick! It's so large, I bet you can barely lift it :(

I could stick it through your face if you want to see for yourself. Aside from your troll comment, it's just more space that gets taken up for no good reason.

I heard you can't even lift the power brick, how the hell do you think you're going to punch it through somebody's face.

Do you even lift?
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#19Skul_Posted 12/8/2012 3:50:30 PM
People are actually planning to buy full priced games digitally from the eShop? Enough to actually fill 29Gb?
If you have that kind of extra money laying around, then an external hard drive isn't going to be a problem.

This post is bad.
---
"Screen Size = Resolution."- jairusmonillas
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
#20grandabxPosted 12/8/2012 3:54:48 PM
DiscostewSM posted...

Even downloadable only games can be a few gigs worth of data, so that can eat up space quickly. It really was poor planning on their part to have such small hard drives.

Yes, they're so out of touch that they'd rather not force their customers to pay extra for something larger built in that they may not actually need, but let them choose how they can expand it instead.

the wii u isn't worth it's price no matter which bundle you get. you can get a ps3 with uncharted 3 and 500 gb for the same price as the white wii 1.8.