Can you get a larger hard dirve to use with this?

#21stekim40Posted 12/8/2012 4:56:16 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
32 gigs is just pathertic, is there any way to use a larger hard drive :/

Yeah, it's as pathetic as your spelling ;)
And for the record the Wii u doesn't have a hard drive, they don't make them that small any more. It uses flash memory.
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#22XSilverPhoenixXPosted 12/8/2012 5:07:58 PM(edited)
You can't argue with stupid. The fanboyism is ridiculous when these are legitimate issues and it's going to end up costing YOU more money in the long run.

What if you wanted to download a television show or something to your system? That space is going to go quickly. Updates/patches, that space is going to go quickly.

Unless everything is streaming content you're going to be limited on space. There may be digital only releases like Trine/Trine 2 that were on the PS3/360 that you may want, but you may not have enough space. It's probably the exact reason that Trine 2: Director's Cut is on disc because it would eat up more of your precious space.

The game itself isn't huge, but if you had the basic model you would be run out of space fast. Flash Memory or not, it's poor planning.
#23XSilverPhoenixXPosted 12/8/2012 5:00:40 PM
nilesthebrave posted...
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
Starwars4J posted...
It just shows how out of touch Nintardo is with the industry. A miniscule hard drive that cannot be replaced and you need yet another hard drive plugged into it if you need more space. As if the system isn't already big enough with it's power brick and the game pad and another power brick.

Even downloadable only games can be a few gigs worth of data, so that can eat up space quickly. It really was poor plannin on their part to have such small hard drives.

Besides, the system is going to be nothing but party games just like the Wii was so it's going to have a ton of filler where only talented developers will be releasing games you want to buy.

Oh God, not the power brick! It's so large, I bet you can barely lift it :(

I could stick it through your face if you want to see for yourself. Aside from your troll comment, it's just more space that gets taken up for no good reason.

I heard you can't even lift the power brick, how the hell do you think you're going to punch it through somebody's face.

Do you even lift?

Since when does space = weight? Some of you need to take reading comprehension classes. And yes, I do lift and that brick would look great stuck in both of your faces.
#24grandabxPosted 12/8/2012 5:04:49 PM
You can't argue with stupid. The fanboyism is ridiculous when these are legitimate issues and it's going to end up costing YOU more money in the long run.

What if you wanted to download a television show or something to your system? That space is going to go quickly. Updates/patches, that space is going to go quickly.

Unless everything is streaming content you're going to be limited on space. There may be digital only releases like Trine/Trine 2 was on the PS3/360 that you may want, but you may not have enough space. It's probably the exact reason that Trine 2: Director's Cut is on disc because it would eat up more of your precious space.

The game itself isn't huge, but if you had the basic model you would be run out of space fast. Flash Memory or not, it's poor planning.

it's so sad how ignorant they are. they're stuck in time just like nintendo and expect everyone to join them. pay almost 500 bills for something that's only going to get left-over games for the most part(that's IF third parties have any real incentive to work with mr. late-to-the-party).
#25The J0kerPosted 12/8/2012 5:06:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26The J0kerPosted 12/8/2012 5:10:18 PM(edited)
Nintendo is actually doing this the right way by not requiring you to buy overpriced proprietary hard drives if you want to expand your disk space.

Unless everything is streaming content you're going to be limited on space. There may be digital only releases like Trine/Trine 2 was on the PS3/360 that you may want, but you may not have enough space. It's probably the exact reason that Trine 2: Director's Cut is on disc because it would eat up more of your precious space.

What disc version? Trine 2 is only available on the eShop afaik.

grandabx posted...
it's so sad how ignorant they are. they're stuck in time just like nintendo and expect everyone to join them. pay almost 500 bills for something that's only going to get left-over games for the most part(that's IF third parties have any real incentive to work with mr. late-to-the-party).

This post is what we call irony.
#27XSilverPhoenixXPosted 12/8/2012 5:14:42 PM
The J0ker posted...
What disc version? Trine 2 is only available on the eShop afaik.

Ahh, well my mistake then. For some reason I thought they had released it on disc. This just proves my point exactly then. If there are games you want with no other way to get them other than download you're going to need more space sooner than later.

I don't know how the flash memory is stored on the Wii U but the Sega Saturn had flash memory that required a battery in the system. If the battery died you would lose all of your data stored on the system. This is why they had the backup memory cart.
#28The J0kerPosted 12/8/2012 5:26:59 PM
Almost every system that stores saves on a specific medium (whether that be hard drives or memory cards) have been required to implement some way for you to expand that storage. And when you need to do this, it's much better if you don't have to buy proprietary expansions that pretty much always are overpriced.
#29MetazoiddPosted 12/8/2012 5:29:15 PM
Sorry but the cost of the system would've been more so they left it as an option for people that might want or need it. Not everyone will download a large amount of games, hey probably not even the majority of people will.
#30Starwars4JPosted 12/8/2012 5:29:23 PM
I could stick it through your face if you want to see for yourself. Aside from your troll comment, it's just more space that gets taken up for no good reason.

You are such a tough guy! All of the internet is now cowering at your display of might (and wit)!

And if you had any clue what you were talking about, no, it doesn't take up more space than is necessary, it's not something that's just added on just because. You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? :S
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade