Is there any reason for a 3DS owner to buy a Wii U?

#1SubZeroChief23Posted 12/8/2012 4:52:20 PM
3DS has every kind of Mario game a person could want. Smash Bros is gonna come out on 3DS. There's also Kid Icarus, RE Revelations, Ocarina of Time and a lot of other games already out.

So what reason is there to own a Wii U that 3DS doesn't already offer?
#2lgiPosted 12/8/2012 4:53:34 PM
Do you have any other consoles? If so, no. Not at the moment.
#3DiscostewSMPosted 12/8/2012 4:53:40 PM
SubZeroChief23 posted...
3DS has every kind of Mario game a person could want. Smash Bros is gonna come out on 3DS. There's also Kid Icarus, RE Revelations, Ocarina of Time and a lot of other games already out.

Yeah, games that the 3DS doesn't have.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4squatch22Posted 12/8/2012 5:19:00 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...

Yeah, games that the 3DS doesn't have.

This.
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5The_DOAMPosted 12/8/2012 5:23:13 PM
It's not a Vita the 3ds and the Wii U are independent system aside from what they said about the new smash the 3ds won't be getting watered down Wii u ports. So no reason not to have both.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#6Rasputin77Posted 12/8/2012 6:07:54 PM
It might not be important to you, but this console has great local multiplayer capabilities. If I only had one console... no, it wouldn't be my first pick, but since it sounds like you play local solo quite a bit, to you it could be a) a different experience from staring __ inches in front of your face, and b) a fantastic way to entertain company. (Provided you sink the cash into the controllers)
---
"Kids yammering on about "trolls" WAY more than actual troll posts made." - Wii U board, 11/18/12-12/9/12
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.
#7CptnStarFoxPosted 12/8/2012 6:12:00 PM
3DS is handheld system while Wii U is a console. I honestly don't see how you are even comparing them. Of course you should buy a Wii U if you enjoy Nintendo games. It's a great system and although no amazing games are out yet, they will come with time. Also, Nintendo Land has provided me joy for weeks and more. Multi-player is unbelievable and getting competitive high scores is really fun.
---
(Friend Code: 1247-2209-7226)(Foxx in Corneria)
#8SirPiercePosted 12/8/2012 6:49:07 PM
CptnStarFox posted...
3DS is handheld system while Wii U is a console. I honestly don't see how you are even comparing them. Of course you should buy a Wii U if you enjoy Nintendo games. It's a great system and although no amazing games are out yet, they will come with time. Also, Nintendo Land has provided me joy for weeks and more. Multi-player is unbelievable and getting competitive high scores is really fun.

This. Also, you mentioned Smash...remember that it will be released on the U and the 3DS with connectivity between the two. That is reason enough.
---
My NNID is Aerontar.
The Wii U is awesome. Looking forward to adding the Durango and Orbis to my collection in a year or so. All three companies are awesome.