What's wrong with kiddy?

#31HeaderHogPosted 12/8/2012 5:55:13 PM
rocketdischarge posted...
even when I was a kid I didnt like Banjo-Kazooie or Spyro.

show me a Nintendo game with systems as deep as Disgaea, graphics as good as Uncharted, physics as good as Forza, story as good as The Walking Dead.

Show me a game with all those games' strong points combined.
Show me another game with controls as responsive as Mario, with 2-D combat as good as Kirby, a game with adventure and puzzles like Zelda, or a game nearly as thought out, well designed, or as big as Pokèmon. I never did finish the original game.
Blue version.
Also, try to find a platformer with as much length as Banjo Kazooie.

You seem shallow and hollow minded when it comes to Nintendo games.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#32kobalobasileusPosted 12/8/2012 6:05:22 PM
Golden Maven posted...
grandabx posted...
real gamers like games with DEPTH

Yeah I'd love for you to elaborate on that. Most console games aren't anymore engaging than your average Nintendo game. If you want DEPTH, you better get a gaming PC.

This is a hilarious argument considering that most PC games are multi-platform now, and the majority of PC exclusives are low budget adventure games for women and Indie games that can't afford the ridiculous fees for distribution via consoles.
#33Virus66Posted 12/8/2012 6:07:29 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
Golden Maven posted...
grandabx posted...

Yeah I'd love for you to elaborate on that. Most console games aren't anymore engaging than your average Nintendo game. If you want DEPTH, you better get a gaming PC.

This is a hilarious argument considering that most PC games are multi-platform now, and the majority of PC exclusives are low budget adventure games for women and Indie games that can't afford the ridiculous fees for distribution via consoles.

Strategy games and MMOs say hi. However, MMOs these days lack depth in nearly every facet as well. Strategy games are the only ones that can carry that torch
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#34BurgerTime79Posted 12/8/2012 6:09:39 PM
A game that's designed to be easier for kids as it's main programming and based off of a children's cartoon like Dora is kiddy.
A game like Mario, which has been around before the rating system even went into affect, isn't kiddy.

E (all ages) doesn't equal for children only.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#35HeaderHogPosted 12/8/2012 6:10:04 PM
Virus66 posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
Golden Maven posted...
grandabx posted...

Strategy games and MMOs say hi. However, MMOs these days lack depth in nearly every facet as well. Strategy games are the only ones that can carry that torch

Plants Vs. Zombies...
God, I love that game. That has an amazing amount of depth, while remaining somewhat kiddie.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#36ChipChippersonPosted 12/8/2012 7:33:08 PM
It's funny how the most popular 'mature' games on other consoles feature recharging health, infinite lives, liberal check/save points, cover systems, a big arrow telling you where to go, and no real threat of death.

Say what you will about 'childish' Mario or Pokemon but the computer doesn't pretty much play the game for you; you can't hide and wait for a jump to get easier.
---
"We live in an amazing, amazing world and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of just spoiled idiots that don't care"~Louis CK
#37rocketdischargePosted 12/8/2012 8:15:13 PM

Say what you will about 'childish' Mario or Pokemon but the computer doesn't pretty much play the game for you; you can't hide and wait for a jump to get easier.

actually Mario does have a feature where the CPU will play the game for you
---
Sagat nerfed? He can Tiger Uppercut the wing off the plane!
#38TroutfischPosted 12/8/2012 8:18:26 PM
Am I the only one who expected this to be about Kiddy Kong and why he's not a good character for the DKC series?
---
PSN: Troutfisch