Not wanting to mess around with external storage

#1its_mattPosted 12/8/2012 5:50:33 PM
So is the tiny 32gb max internal storage down to Nintendo cost cutting and not wanting a hard disk so they opt for flash memory but also realise that more than a tiny amount of 32gb is also too expensive?
#2Baha05Posted 12/8/2012 5:55:53 PM
Might be costs or maybe they figure it'd be easier on buyers to have a personal HDD. Honestly I like the use of an external better they buying a HDD made for the system.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#3Starwars4JPosted 12/8/2012 5:56:42 PM
It's actually a selling point as it saves the consumer money and keeps the expensive proprietary storage crap out of the system from day 1.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#4_Candice_Posted 12/8/2012 5:58:48 PM
I dont think its expensive at all.

Nintendo probably passed judgment on this long ago when people with modded Wiis were using externals.

I bet they figured most people have a spare HDD by now.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#5MetazoiddPosted 12/8/2012 5:58:57 PM
Starwars4J posted...
It's actually a selling point as it saves the consumer money and keeps the expensive proprietary storage crap out of the system from day 1.

+1
#6SilinelPosted 12/8/2012 6:01:07 PM
See there guys, pirates can be industry innovators, too.
---
[This signature is available only to GameFAQs Gold members]
#7sloth927Posted 12/8/2012 6:09:45 PM
I like the fact i can buy a 2tb hdd that is more than enough space for whatever i need.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#8its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 6:10:05 PM
Nah I just want like I have with my PS3. Just a mains cable and HDMI cable feeding out the back, no cables out the front unless I'm charging a controller through a USB port, and a good sized 320GB storage in side the console. Nice and tidy no fuss.
#9JKatarnPosted 12/8/2012 6:10:24 PM
It's likely mostly costs, followed by console size, and then concerns about the heat generated by an internal hard drive.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#10its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 6:21:46 PM
JKatarn posted...
It's likely mostly costs, followed by console size, and then concerns about the heat generated by an internal hard drive.

Yeah I suppose it is like the first Xbox360 and PS3 models where the design is almost like a prototype producing way too much heat and leaving some unfortunate design choices. Refinement does seem to take time maybe redesigns of the WiiU later in it's life will cater to those that want plentiful internal storage.