Just had my first big Wii U party

#1NotoriousIynxPosted 12/9/2012 1:11:35 AM
Holy-- The Animal Crossing minigame is some of the best time I had at a party. I think we played that for a good hour and a half. I wished there was some kind of single player or online for it so I can play more of the gatekeeper role. **** was so hype, it felt like football with all the tackles and jukes. Screw Super Bowl parties, CANDY BOWL XLVII, LETS GO.

Luigi's Ghost Mansion was pretty fun. Kinda too long for the size of the party tho. I'm sure it would be much better in a five person group.

I actually wasn't a fan of the Zelda co-op mode. Maybe the room itself was too crowded, but the game felt way too crowded. I didn't really know when I was attacking and I didn't like dying because one of the players wasn't that good. Metroid versus was also pretty bad.

The Mii creator is fun by itself. We had a rule where whatever picture was shown is the thing you gotta go with.

Its unfortunate PC gaming elitists won't ever feel the same enjoyment we did. Man, having real friends is pretty rad.
#2sloth927Posted 12/9/2012 1:13:05 AM
nintendoland no lie is some of the best local multiplayer ive ever experienced.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#3NintendologicalPosted 12/9/2012 1:15:49 AM
Worst reassurance topic...ever. PC gamers have been having LAN parties for decades while console gamers hudle around one television with split-scree. Also, there are an abundance of local multiplayer titles for PC.
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#4Jx1010Posted 12/9/2012 1:17:15 AM
I agree
having friends and playing games with them at home for one of these video game get togethers is reallly really fun

I remember laughing so much I couldnt control myself... just because someone kept dying with mario lol

PC gamers dont get to enjoy this much fun lol
#5Jx1010Posted 12/9/2012 1:18:35 AM
Nintendological posted...
Worst reassurance topic...ever. PC gamers have been having LAN parties for decades while console gamers hudle around one television with split-scree. Also, there are an abundance of local multiplayer titles for PC.

sure, keep telling urself all this but in the end what u really play is shooting games lol
#6sloth927Posted 12/9/2012 1:20:00 AM
Jx1010 posted...

sure, keep telling urself all this but in the end what u really play is shooting games lol

i play all systems and have a gaming pc its not all fps's but i feel it really cant compare tpo the local multiplayer nintendo has always had.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#7_FalstaffPosted 12/9/2012 1:20:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orMXD_Ijbs

Seriously though, I also agree that Nintendo Land is up there as one of the best local multiplayer games ever, in my book.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#8andrea987Posted 12/9/2012 1:23:20 AM
Same here! Last night we had friends round, played luigi's mansion, animal crossing and mario chase in 5, lots of fun. Then the girls had fun with just dance for about an hour, and in the end me and the other guys did 2 matches with fifa, loved it!
#9NotoriousIynx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 1:28:43 AM
andrea987 posted...
Same here! Last night we had friends round, played luigi's mansion, animal crossing and mario chase in 5, lots of fun. Then the girls had fun with just dance for about an hour, and in the end me and the other guys did 2 matches with fifa, loved it!

Man, Just Dance 4 for the Kinect is ridiculously fun. I don't own it, but we have this place by our house where you go and rent a game for one dollar and can play it for as long as you want (because well, the Kinect sucks). JD4 is on a TV the size of the wall so there's enough room for everyone to dance. The kinect has surprisingly amazing motion detection, but Microsoft doesn't have the companies or the fun that Nintendo got to back it up.
#10Stefan1277Posted 12/9/2012 1:44:14 AM

Go out and make some friends, seriously.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434