Just had my first big Wii U party

#11derekfishbowlPosted 12/9/2012 1:08:54 AM
The depth of Nintendo Land is pretty amazing. The 3 competitive games alone make it a huge hit at parties. The other 9 games are just icing on the cake.

Definitely the best mini-game compilation game ever and one of the better local multiplayer experiences you'll find on a console.
---
Sony's E3 2013 megaton (courtesy of Megaman Omega):
http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=350248936_strengthmitten_122_82lo.jpg
#12idrc82Posted 12/9/2012 1:38:54 AM
Nintendological posted...
Worst reassurance topic...ever. PC gamers have been having LAN parties for decades while console gamers hudle around one television with split-scree. Also, there are an abundance of local multiplayer titles for PC.

Indeed... god forbid anyone expresses any positive emotion round here. In fact we should all buy gaming pcs now so we can invite our friends over and hope they have a gaming pc too
---
3ds fc: 0817-4077-5176
Psn/wii u id: xGambloRx
#13flagg2kplusPosted 12/9/2012 1:45:18 AM
It's a good thing you used the Wii U for your totally rad party.

That 3 hour battery life on the controller means that you and all your rad friends are in bed by 8pm.

I hope you guys didnt forget to eat your vegetables.
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#14HugsAllAroundPosted 12/9/2012 1:48:16 AM
flagg2kplus posted...

That 3 hour battery life on the controller means that you and all your rad friends are in bed by 8pm.

It, uh... comes with a plug, dude.
#15derekfishbowlPosted 12/9/2012 1:50:46 AM
flagg2kplus posted...
It's a good thing you used the Wii U for your totally rad party.

I hope you guys didnt forget to eat your vegetables.

ITT: Local multiplayer was impossible in the days when all controllers had wires.
---
Sony's E3 2013 megaton (courtesy of Megaman Omega):
http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=350248936_strengthmitten_122_82lo.jpg
#16PennywiseJimPosted 12/9/2012 1:57:23 AM
derekfishbowl posted...
The depth of Nintendo Land is pretty amazing. The 3 competitive games alone make it a huge hit at parties. The other 9 games are just icing on the cake.

Definitely the best mini-game compilation game ever and one of the better local multiplayer experiences you'll find on a console.

Yeah, I'd say Nintendo Land is easily in the top 5 local multiplayer games of all time. Notable others that come to mind are Bomberman, Goldeneye, and Smash Bros. I also loved The New Tetris (N64) and Dr. Mario 64, but I not everyone is into puzzle games.

LOL @ the guy who whined about battery life. Just use the gamepad as a wired controller when the battery is low. When I was in college, the wires connecting the controllers to our N64 didn't stop us from having ridiculously long Goldeneye marathons.
#17PsienceWinsPosted 12/9/2012 1:58:27 AM
I can't believe I'm going to say this... But the PC guys have proven their point quite well and all you Nintendo fanboys are just throwing insults.

Further more, not all PC games are shooters. Diablo, anyway? One of the most played PC games ever? How about WoW? I have plenty of friends who LAN that for raids.

Here's something funny, Portal 2 is a first person game that isn't a shooter that can be played co-op!

And something that may interest the RPG and anime lovers, Xseed Games has a strong showing on Steam.

You're just as close minded as all the trolls.

I've played Nintendoland's multiplayer with 3 other people. Not that amazing. NSMBU was a lot more fun.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#18Lemmywinks13Posted 12/9/2012 2:02:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#19ajko000Posted 12/9/2012 2:06:20 AM
User Name NotoriousIynx
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Thursday, December 6, 2012 2:21 PM
Karma 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9zSHz7Thvbc

What's wrong with you?

1. You post the worst topics.

2. You're obviously still in school.

3. You troll and consistently mention PC gamers.

It sounds like you're just butthurt you don't have the money or the education to build a gaming PC.

Go cry somewhere else.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#20ajko000Posted 12/9/2012 2:07:26 AM
PsienceWins posted...
I can't believe I'm going to say this... But the PC guys have proven their point quite well and all you Nintendo fanboys are just throwing insults.

Further more, not all PC games are shooters. Diablo, anyway? One of the most played PC games ever? How about WoW? I have plenty of friends who LAN that for raids.

Here's something funny, Portal 2 is a first person game that isn't a shooter that can be played co-op!

And something that may interest the RPG and anime lovers, Xseed Games has a strong showing on Steam.

You're just as close minded as all the trolls.

I've played Nintendoland's multiplayer with 3 other people. Not that amazing. NSMBU was a lot more fun.

I invite you to my arms, for a hug and a cup of cocoa.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.