Nintendo ignoring the Spike's VGAs shows how out of touch they are with gamers.

#1NotoriousIynxPosted 12/9/2012 12:26:27 AM
There isn't an event so ritualistic and caring as the Video Game Awards. How great it is to see paid celebrities going on stage, acting like they care about our culture and video games. Its great knowing that Jessica Alba's entire life was changed by Super Mario Bros. If I was gullible, I'd probably worship Alba as some gaming goddess. I love how Spike realizes us gamers care more about actors than video game developers (who were stored in the back). I mean, the whole point is Video Game Awards. We don't want to know about new games coming out, we want to know which games won which awards, and no better than to have these famous actors presenting them.

The VGAs were pretty great this year, with about twelve minutes dedicated to the four awards, three trailers, and video game music orchestra, and the other hour and a half dedicated to commercials. However, Nintendo wasn't even one of those trailers! How stupid of them to miss an event like this when their console was just released.

I hate those long and informative Nintendo Direct. Reggie and Iwata are so unattractive, I can't stand watching them talking to me about new games, especially when I could have old and saggy Jessica Alba talking to me about it. It allows me to jack it and get hyped for the video games -- my two favorite past times. Nintendo had the perfect stage to announce a Wii U game and market the Wii U to the gamer, instead they make commercials with some people with children singing and jumping around holding a Wii U gamepad. Clearly Nintendo is not making the Wii U connect with the hardcore gamer, a huge issue already for the system.
#2Spade59Posted 12/9/2012 12:29:36 AM
Jessica was either high or drunk on stage.

At least you can laugh at the VGAs.
#3_FalstaffPosted 12/9/2012 12:30:20 AM
Spade59 posted...

I would laugh if it wasn't so insulting to people who call themselves gamers.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#4AShockCipherPosted 12/9/2012 12:31:29 AM
Don't forget about Dark Souls 2.

But yeah, I agree with you.
---
MFW I passed SS
http://aftershockcipher.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d4hajdo
#5NotoriousIynx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 12:31:51 AM
Spade59 posted...

Chats for Nintendo Directs are way more funny than watching some dumb celebrity make a fool of themselves. Everyone gets so mad when they don't announce anything new.
#6Spade59Posted 12/9/2012 12:32:44 AM
Not even Dark Souls or Metal Gear saved that travesty.
#7NotoriousIynx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 12:32:49 AM
AShockCipher posted...
Don't forget about Dark Souls 2.

But yeah, I agree with you.

Oh yea, that reminds me. Next time, when I think about watching the VGAs, I can just wait til tomorrow for some goddamn trailers on YouTube and not waste two hours of my productive time.
#8sloth927Posted 12/9/2012 12:34:57 AM
vgas have never been good they try to capitialize on kids that think they are "hardcore gamers" im so happy nintendo doesn't sell into there bs propaganda.
---
Wii U ID: Fire_Chomp
#9Pale HorsemanPosted 12/9/2012 12:38:02 AM
The VGAs are always bad, just wait until the next day for the trailers.
---
Tails82: Obama's cool
#10Stefan1277Posted 12/9/2012 12:42:50 AM
VGAs are actually a bad for people who like games... give us all a bad image. Only bro "gamers" that think that playing every CoD and Skyrim and bashing nintendo makes them gamers like that sorta stuff.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434