Nintendo ignoring the Spike's VGAs shows how out of touch they are with gamers.

#31trenkenPosted 12/9/2012 6:23:31 AM
They arent realy targeting gamers first and foremost anymore, this is old new now and have no idea where youve been since 2006. They are going after 5 year olds, soccer moms, grandparents, trying to pull the iphone crowd in too. This is why the Wii received so few games that actual gamers liked, but there sure was a ton of crap to pretend you're actually getting in shape or playing music, that was their focus.

Sometimes they would throw us a game like a Zelda once every 5 years or more 3D Mario games or whatever, but that was just because its standard issue and they do it with every console, but there wasnt a crap ton of really great games on the Wii, but there sure was on the SNES, N64 and GC. The Wii has the worst game lineup of any console ive ever seen in my life. It's just awful, but it sold very well which in the end is all that really matters to Nintendo. They are a business and their only concern is making money, it doesnt matter to them how they make it, they just try to find the easiest and fastest ways possible to make as much of it as they can.

So while the PS3 and 360 were targeting gamers and each have a mountain of great games, Nintendo pulled a 180 and went in the other way with the Wii and the U.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#32RisingWaterPosted 12/9/2012 6:33:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NxnT7OITkVs

/runs
#33Dragonfist17Posted 12/9/2012 6:35:43 AM
NotoriousIynx posted...
Dragonfist17 posted...
NotoriousIynx posted...
Dragonfist17 posted...
Stefan1277 posted...
VGAs are actually a bad for people who like games... give us all a bad image. Only bro "gamers" that think that playing every CoD and Skyrim and bashing nintendo makes them gamers like that sorta stuff.

Please don't lump CoD and Skyrim in the same category, besides, I was under the impression that Skyrim was too long and not linear enough for bro gamers. They have short attention spans you see.

Yea, Call of Duty is an awesome, fun series and Skyrim is one of the most blandest, uninspired roleplaying games ever.

You're opinion. Fortunately you are in the very smallest of minorities with it. Also, Call of Duty awesome? You sir have poor taste, but to each his own.

If you play Call of Duty competitively, you're doing it wrong. You need to realize that CoD is more like one of those shooter arcade games. It's hectic, crazy and fun. Don't use the term, "casual". That just shows you think you are some "hardcore" gamer who thinks just because he plays like Battlefield, you're in the elite. If you really want to be "elite", play a fighting game. You're wastin' your time playing shooters competitively. Now, I really only liked Modern Warfare 2 a lot. Blops was alright, and MW3 was bad. Blops 2 I didn't even care about.

Skyrim was not "too long and linear enough for bro gamers". Skyrim has about five unique dungeons. The rest are all copypasta spiders and floor traps. No variety what so ever in the world. I understand the land of Skyrim is suppose to be snowy and stuff, but goddamn, everything looked exactly the same -- the scenery and the people. The dragons become so uninteresting and more of an annoyance the more they appear. Probably one of the worst stories I can think of in recent time to be quite honest. Terrible roleplaying design. I felt like there were not enough spells and the trees forced you to pick things you would never use. Incredibly bland quest lines as well. Fetch quests, blah blah. "Oh look, people hate on werewolves because they are different, just like racism, how original, I've never seen that in vampire or werewolf fiction before (among other things)."

Firstly, I don't even play CoD. I'm not into military shooters. Secondly, I never used the word casual to refer to anything, not sure where you got that idea from. Thirdly, did you even play Skyrim? Because there is a lot more than just snow, and far more than 5 unique dungeons, closer to 20 actually.

I do agree that there were not enough spells, and I do wish they had kept spellmaking from the previous games, but that's what mods are for, and if you played Skyrim on anything but PC then you basically just wasted you're time.

Out of curiosity, what RPGs do you consider to be good?
#34NotoriousIynx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:48:30 AM
Dragonfist17 posted...
Firstly, I don't even play CoD. I'm not into military shooters. Secondly, I never used the word casual to refer to anything, not sure where you got that idea from. Thirdly, did you even play Skyrim? Because there is a lot more than just snow, and far more than 5 unique dungeons, closer to 20 actually.

I do agree that there were not enough spells, and I do wish they had kept spellmaking from the previous games, but that's what mods are for, and if you played Skyrim on anything but PC then you basically just wasted you're time.

My favorite RPG of all time are Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. FO3 was amazing at first, until I played the rest of the series and realized how much of it takes away from the original elements of Fallout that made it great and was generally stupid because of the timeline of FO3. I like FO1 the most for the story, then NV for the customization, and 2 (but don't get me wrong, they're all in my top 20).

My favorite "RPG" really is Final Fantasy X, but I don't consider Final Fantasy X a "real" RPG. I consider most JRPGs of that sort as "Menu Fighters" (which I don't consider to be insulting). Final Fantasy 6 is my second favorite FF. I also love the Shin Megami series, but particularly Persona, and the Dragon Quest series, particularly Dragon Quest 8. Earthbound was also pretty fun, mostly because it made fun of JRPGs.

If we stop talking about video games, I'm an avid D&D player and built my own engine for a potential Fallout PnP RPG combining aspects of D&D and SPECIAL.

I'm anxiously awaiting Shadowrun Returns and Wasteland 2 (I played the first Wasteland).
#35Dragonfist17Posted 12/9/2012 6:59:42 AM
NotoriousIynx posted...
Dragonfist17 posted...

My favorite RPG of all time are Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. FO3 was amazing at first, until I played the rest of the series and realized how much of it takes away from the original elements of Fallout that made it great and was generally stupid because of the timeline of FO3. I like FO1 the most for the story, then NV for the customization, and 2 (but don't get me wrong, they're all in my top 20).

My favorite "RPG" really is Final Fantasy X, but I don't consider Final Fantasy X a "real" RPG. I consider most JRPGs of that sort as "Menu Fighters" (which I don't consider to be insulting). Final Fantasy 6 is my second favorite FF. I also love the Shin Megami series, but particularly Persona, and the Dragon Quest series, particularly Dragon Quest 8. Earthbound was also pretty fun, mostly because it made fun of JRPGs.

If we stop talking about video games, I'm an avid D&D player and built my own engine for a potential Fallout PnP RPG combining aspects of D&D and SPECIAL.

I'm anxiously awaiting Shadowrun Returns and Wasteland 2 (I played the first Wasteland).

It's odd that you like most of the same games as I do but hate Skyrim. I also play D&D and I'm attempting to translate Dark Souls into PnP without turning it into a math exercise, which is proving to be quite difficult due to the large number of variables involved. If you want a good JRPG, that's not a menu fighter, seek out Tales of Vesperia. It is unfortunately only for 360 though.
#36NotoriousIynx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:04:54 AM
Dragonfist17 posted...
NotoriousIynx posted...
Dragonfist17 posted...

It's odd that you like most of the same games as I do but hate Skyrim. I also play D&D and I'm attempting to translate Dark Souls into PnP without turning it into a math exercise, which is proving to be quite difficult due to the large number of variables involved. If you want a good JRPG, that's not a menu fighter, seek out Tales of Vesperia. It is unfortunately only for 360 though.

I menu fighters more than real time combat. I just like having actual control over my character's actions in roleplaying games. Here's my PnP wiki. I took the combat from another Fallout PnP thing and its kinda too mathy right now, but after the first play session, I'll see what needs fixing.

http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Combat
http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Gameplay_Basics
http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Creation

An example of a scenario:

http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Goodsprings

Weapons:

http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Weapons
#37squatch22Posted 12/9/2012 7:05:03 AM
Oh its this topic, again...
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#38Dragonfist17Posted 12/9/2012 7:23:14 AM
NotoriousIynx posted...

I menu fighters more than real time combat. I just like having actual control over my character's actions in roleplaying games. Here's my PnP wiki. I took the combat from another Fallout PnP thing and its kinda too mathy right now, but after the first play session, I'll see what needs fixing.

http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Combat
http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Gameplay_Basics
http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Creation

An example of a scenario:

http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Goodsprings

Weapons:

http://falloutpenandpaper.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Weapons

It seems that we have similar ideas, except I'm calling it stamina instead of AP, which is equally mathy to manage, and dictates all actions including movement and defensive options.
#39knightimexPosted 12/9/2012 12:00:22 PM
VGA is trashy.

I can see why Nintendo doesn't want to be a part of that.
---
Old School Games FTW!