Oh man, oh god, oh man, oh god, this list really irks me

#21mantezPosted 12/9/2012 3:15:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/9/2012 3:35:47 AM(edited)
http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/8/3744314/gabe-newell-valve-console-living-room-steam-box

PC Console..

Teh Gabe Box

IT's over now!

Gabe Newell confirmed the company's plans to sell its own living room PC that could compete with next-generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft

Guess he's not worried about the Wii U
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#23NotoriousIynx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 3:50:19 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/8/3744314/gabe-newell-valve-console-living-room-steam-box

PC Console..

Teh Gabe Box

IT's over now!

Gabe Newell confirmed the company's plans to sell its own living room PC that could compete with next-generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft

Doesn't mean much to me. It's just like any other PC. I find it hilarious people are excited since everyone says that if you don't build your own PC, you're wasting money. Its not going to be "console-like". Its going to be a PC with Steam built in, is what it sounds like at least.

The biggest thing I can think of that affects me is that Valve will stop making games for consoles, which doesn't seem likely. Either way, Valve games have always been terrible on the console, or at least compared to Valve games on computers. Go play Team Fortress 2 for the xbox, yuck.

I don't really like any of Valve games as well. Half Life 2 is a great game, but its not really revolutionary in my honest opinion. Pretty basic design with little actually making it distinguished, gameplay and story-wise. Basic science fiction story. My favorite Valve game is Left 4 Dead. I had great times with it, but it didn't actually last long for me and it didn't really have a lasting impact on me.

I believe the reason he said 360 and PS3 is because the Wii U is a radically different console. I believe most gamers will have a Wii and a PS3 or a Wii and a 360. Honestly, no real reason to get a 360 and PS3 unless you really love the PS3 or xbox exclusives, but for most part, they have nearly the same library. The Wii U is kind of on the same path as the Wii. Of course it won't have similar libraries to the other next-gen console because those will be the basic controller setup (guessing the Steam Box will be the same) while the Wii U will be innovative. That's why he wouldn't be worried about the Wii U. Its not what he is competing with.
#24Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/9/2012 4:02:03 AM(edited)
NotoriousIynx posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

PC Console..

Teh Gabe Box

IT's over now!

Doesn't mean much to me. It's just like any other PC. I find it hilarious people are excited since everyone says that if you don't build your own PC, you're wasting money. Its not going to be "console-like". Its going to be a PC with Steam built in, is what it sounds like at least.

The biggest thing I can think of that affects me is that Valve will stop making games for consoles, which doesn't seem likely. Either way, Valve games have always been terrible on the console, or at least compared to Valve games on computers. Go play Team Fortress 2 for the xbox, yuck.

I don't really like any of Valve games as well. Half Life 2 is a great game, but its not really revolutionary in my honest opinion. Pretty basic design with little actually making it distinguished, gameplay and story-wise. Basic science fiction story. My favorite Valve game is Left 4 Dead. I had great times with it, but it didn't actually last long for me and it didn't really have a lasting impact on me.

I believe the reason he said 360 and PS3 is because the Wii U is a radically different console. I believe most gamers will have a Wii and a PS3 or a Wii and a 360. Honestly, no real reason to get a 360 and PS3 unless you really love the PS3 or xbox exclusives, but for most part, they have nearly the same library. The Wii U is kind of on the same path as the Wii. Of course it won't have similar libraries to the other next-gen console because those will be the basic controller setup (guessing the Steam Box will be the same) while the Wii U will be innovative. That's why he wouldn't be worried about the Wii U. Its not what he is competing with.

See the point you're obviously missing is it's Steam(DRM, etC), , so if Steam had a console they could spend extra time to optimize for it and get more performance out of the parts in the machine and it's easy to streamline the hardware for it for a couple of years. It all depends, it's a nice to see something similar

and about your part, most of Nintendo games are equal to the quality of indy games for the PC, almost the same damn games
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#25Starwars4JPosted 12/9/2012 5:07:21 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

He has already been quoted as having said how much he loves and is impressed by the Wii U, something he never did for Sony or Microsoft systems. He most likely realizes that he can't compete with a Nintendo console (who can?) and is satisfied in beating out the weaklings, whose biggest "advantage" are the PC ports that Steam has in the first place.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#26Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/9/2012 5:13:13 AM
Starwars4J posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

He has already been quoted as having said how much he loves and is impressed by the Wii U, something he never did for Sony or Microsoft systems. He most likely realizes that he can't compete with a Nintendo console (who can?) and is satisfied in beating out the weaklings, whose biggest "advantage" are the PC ports that Steam has in the first place.

Yeah, exclusively sold at Steam, only place on the planet to buy those games(Some, mostly indy games)
---
#27mjc0961Posted 12/9/2012 5:19:10 AM(edited)
NotoriousIynx posted...
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2121/2013i.jpg

Oh geez, it looks like some PC gaming elitist decided to make a list of next year's game coming out. In order to make it seem like the PC has way more AAA titles coming out, they put a lot of poorly designed indie titles and cash-ins in that section. I mean, who else is buying such great titles as the Amazing Race and Hotline Miami 2? Its great knowing that PC still hasn't managed to upgrade the innovation and the only games worth getting are boring first-person action games and RTS games. I don't need the innovative gameplay or charm of Nintendo or Sony titles to get me to play them.

In all seriousness, the PC gaming list is laughable and whoever made this list is in need for some real help if they put all that effort to make it seem like PC gaming is better than console gaming. I just write moderately funny posts on GameFAQs, I don't go into Photoshop to comprise a list together to show off how much of a loser I am. The only games worth getting on the PC gaming list is Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns. The rest are garbage indie titles that PC gaming elitists get because they think they have the charm of a good Nintendo game.

Agreed. No handheld or mobile titles, no DLC, but plenty of indie games that will get no promotion and most of which probably won't be any good, plus tons of shovelware. I don't see any shovelware in the multiplat list (except Lightning Returns Final Fantasty 13 part eleventy billion, what the hell Squeenix? FF13 sucks, let it die already). Also, if you're going to list indie releases for PC, start going over the XBLA, PSN, and eShop releases for those exclusives as well. Oh wait, we can't, that would make the PC elitist's image look bad.

Of course, that kind of ridiculous bias should be expect considering the corner of the image says to contact him on Steam for any additions.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#28mjc0961Posted 12/9/2012 5:21:03 AM
Silinel posted...
Wait. Wait. Hold up a second.

Tomb Raider
Dead Space 3
Bioshock Infinity
Metro: Last Light
Dead Island: Riptide
Devil May Cry
Dragon Age III

...are garbage indie titles? I don't expect Dead Island: Riptide and the Tomb Raider remake to Change the Face of Gaming as We Know It, but the Wii U is indeed missing out on more than a few heavy hitting titles announced for next year.

Missing the point of the complaint: you're doing it quite well.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#29Helmsly2008Posted 12/9/2012 7:26:21 AM
Don't worry about, it, PC elitists have to constantly reassure themselves.
#30RHFPosted 12/9/2012 8:09:11 AM
_LordAndSavior posted...
Damn I really hope Wii U doesn't miss out on that many multiplats.

A good number of them will probably be ported over with new stuff.
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*