Most of neoGAF thinks the Wii U isn't going to do well in 2013, what about you?

#1IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/9/2012 2:54:02 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503286

Me, I agree with them. The Wii U has very little hardware announced and Pikmin, while fun, is not a system seller.
#2ajko000Posted 12/9/2012 2:55:33 AM
I'm just so giddy for Pikmin 3, once I see it after release and get some reviews in mah brain, Imma actually consider buying a Wii U for it, if it is any good.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#3Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 2:57:23 AM
I'm just so giddy for Pikmin 3, once I see it after release and get some reviews in mah brain, Imma actually consider buying a Wii U for it, if it is any good.

It and Project 101 are definitely fun looking games that make me consider the system, but are not "OMG MUST HAVE" like, for example, Dragon Quest Monsters or Persona.
#4BuretsuPosted 12/9/2012 2:58:37 AM
I think it's stupid to think that you can accurately judge how a system will do based on 2 weeks of sales. By no sane, rational metric is the Wii U failing right now, but who knows?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#5pearl arowanaPosted 12/9/2012 2:59:07 AM
very weak spec
third party abandoning it
competing against ps3/360

i say it look pretty bleak
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#6Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 2:59:46 AM
I think it's stupid to think that you can accurately judge how a system will do based on 2 weeks of sales. By no sane, rational metric is the Wii U failing right now, but who knows?

Except we can also look at "word of mouth", sell outs, projected software, etc and base an opinion off these things.

Also doesn't help that it has practically no advertising at all...
#7NotoriousIynxPosted 12/9/2012 3:07:11 AM
NeoGAF is great, the best gaming community, without a doubt. However, I find the site to be a bit boring honestly. Seriously, there's no fun. I had an account and never had fun on the site, not like you do with GameFAQs.

Anyway, I disagree. We know almost nothing about Nintendo's plan for half the year.

Here, look at this topic of mine:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64683004

What do you notice? You probably notice how many leaked games there truly are. And those are (well, from our knowledge) only the exclusive games.

The Wii U won't sell like the Wii. How is that a bad thing? By 2010, everyone had a Wii in their house. It, as many people said over and over again, prints (or well, printed) money. The Wii U is hardly marketed and is no where near as innovative as the Wii was, but honestly, who cares? Its still different and its still Nintendo.

Let's say Lucasarts released a new Star Wars (which they are). What if I were to say, take all the people who has ever seen Star Wars Episode 4, and compare it to the number of people who will see Stars Wars Episode 7 in the opening year?
#8Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 3:10:02 AM
NeoGAF is great, the best gaming community, without a doubt. However, I find the site to be a bit boring honestly. Seriously, there's no fun. I had an account and never had fun on the site, not like you do with GameFAQs.

Anyway, I disagree. We know almost nothing about Nintendo's plan for half the year.

Here, look at this topic of mine:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64683004

What do you notice? You probably notice how many leaked games there truly are. And those are (well, from our knowledge) only the exclusive games.

The Wii U won't sell like the Wii. How is that a bad thing? By 2010, everyone had a Wii in their house. It, as many people said over and over again, prints (or well, printed) money. The Wii U is hardly marketed and is no where near as innovative as the Wii was, but honestly, who cares? Its still different and its still Nintendo.

Let's say Lucasarts released a new Star Wars (which they are). What if I were to say, take all the people who has ever seen Star Wars Episode 4, and compare it to the number of people who will see Stars Wars Episode 7 in the opening year?

You listed Scribblenauts as exclusive, it is not.
#9FooFighters25Posted 12/9/2012 3:16:18 AM
sike
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#10GM_Posted 12/9/2012 3:56:36 AM
Nintendo cycle