Why the hell are gamers so self entitled these days?

#1DarkShadowRagePosted 12/9/2012 7:07:56 AM
Whatever happened to just playing what you want and just enjoying it?
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.
#2IcedEarthaholicPosted 12/9/2012 7:10:20 AM
I so love this attitude and I agree. Just sucks that a game I want has yet to be released in North America.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#3EoinPosted 12/9/2012 7:12:40 AM
The word "entitled" is one of the most over-used words on gaming forums. I've seen it levelled at nearly any poster who thinks that gamers should get something for their money. Generally, people calling others "entitled" are far more tiresome than the actual "entitlement".
#4Helmsly2008Posted 12/9/2012 7:13:41 AM
Eoin posted...
The word "entitled" is one of the most over-used words on gaming forums. I've seen it levelled at nearly any poster who thinks that gamers should get something for their money. Generally, people calling others "entitled" are far more tiresome than the actual "entitlement".

^This.
#5_Candice_Posted 12/9/2012 7:22:15 AM
Helmsly2008 posted...
Eoin posted...

^This.

These. Its odd how being savvy with your money, and using your wallet to vote these days makes you entitled.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#6InfamouslyNycePosted 12/9/2012 7:25:29 AM
Its not just gamers, its human beings in general, in multiple super powered countries around the world.

I don't call it entitlement, rather an indivdualistic mindset. Everything revolves around "I" and if "I" don't get what "I" want I will cry. Screw you, get out of "my" lane while I drive. If you don't then ill just blind you with my high beams because you're in "my" way and "I" want to go through your car.

On the other hand, gamers have become spoiled by incentives and fan service. I remember back in the early 2000s, majority of games didn't have pre order bonuses. I remember when the Zelda collectors edition and Master Quest discs were cherished as if the Triforce itself. Now, if a game doesn't have a specific multiplayer mode, or if one thing displeases the gamer, they won't buy the game. Which is cool, its their investment. I don't like it though.

Most of the Nintendo core is used to not getting sooo many freebies from Nintendo, so they take advantage of things like CN, and any freebies we can get, without too much complaint. They're also used to a lack of fan service. Op rainfall is probably the turning point and we can hope during the Wii U life span things will change a bit.
---
Nintendo Network ID: Inf4mous
#7DarkShadowRage(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:26:26 AM
My topic had nothing do about money, it's about gamers who think they are above everyone else cause you know if it's on a Nintendo console, it sucks! damned if you do and damned if you don't. What i'm getting at is, while there will always be pointless and stupid hate for no reason. Why can't we enjoy what we like to play, and not bash something cause it's different? But then again that would be too hard for the current generation of gamers who are spoiled beyond belief.
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.
#8wiiking96Posted 12/9/2012 7:27:41 AM
Because games aren't cheap these days, and we want our money's worth.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#9RetsuZaiZenPosted 12/9/2012 7:28:47 AM
People who criticize the Wii U don't do it because it is different, they do it because they feel that it sucks.
---
Easiest way to spot a nerd? They always get caught up on the details.
http://i.imgur.com/Qa5gD.jpg http://i.imgur.com/dntQM.gif
#10EoinPosted 12/9/2012 7:28:56 AM
DarkShadowRage posted...
My topic had nothing do about money

I am simply commenting on how the word is (over)used.

DarkShadowRage posted...
it's about gamers who think they are above everyone else cause you know if it's on a Nintendo console, it sucks!

That's not "entitlement". That's "stupidity".