Why the hell are gamers so self entitled these days?

#11CloudStrife630Posted 12/9/2012 7:29:31 AM
Many gamers are entitled. I was telling my friend this the other day how gamers live in their bubble and don't realize how insignificant they are or this board is in the overall picture.
---
http://www.abload.de/img/regxzjgs.gif
#12HitagiPosted 12/9/2012 7:31:18 AM
_Candice_ posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...
Eoin posted...
The word "entitled" is one of the most over-used words on gaming forums. I've seen it levelled at nearly any poster who thinks that gamers should get something for their money. Generally, people calling others "entitled" are far more tiresome than the actual "entitlement".

^This.

These. Its odd how being savvy with your money, and using your wallet to vote these days makes you entitled.

Those.
#13DarkShadowRage(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:31:41 AM
Eoin posted...
DarkShadowRage posted...
My topic had nothing do about money

I am simply commenting on how the word is (over)used.

DarkShadowRage posted...
it's about gamers who think they are above everyone else cause you know if it's on a Nintendo console, it sucks!

That's not "entitlement". That's "stupidity".

Good point there, guess i got carried away with the word, it just seemed that way to me.
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.
#14DeathSnipe777Posted 12/9/2012 7:33:42 AM(edited)
Because games aren't cheap these days, and we want our money's worth.

They cost the same as they did back in the day. They actually cost MORE back then if you take inflation into account.

The problem is that the economy is in a bit of a dip right now.. But, if you're so tight on money, why are you trying to buy systems and games brand new anyway? Why not pre-owned/refurbished? And if your money is really tight, why are you wasting it on video games in the first place?

If you were someone who payed $60+ for a NES game back in the day, I bet it feels magical to pay $60 for the kinds of amazing games we have today.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#15_Candice_Posted 12/9/2012 7:33:16 AM(edited)
Then what about the bad practices that dilute gaming? The way you make gaming sound is that its sunshine and rainbows and things only get good, not worse.

Edit: That was to Infamous
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#16Elements012894Posted 12/9/2012 7:32:45 AM
Because we have internet to complain nowadays
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#17DarkShadowRage(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:33:26 AM
_Candice_ posted...
Then what about the bad practices that dilute gaming? The way you make gaming sound is that its sunshine and rainbows and things only get good, not worse.

Gaming surely isn't sunshine and rainbows, but if something sucks it's probably because of shoddy programming and lack of caring on the devs part. but if something goes to Nintendo or becomes exclusive then it automatically is hated with a thousand fold. IE Bayonetta 2.
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.
#18_Candice_Posted 12/9/2012 7:36:30 AM
DarkShadowRage posted...
_Candice_ posted...

Gaming surely isn't sunshine and rainbows, but if something sucks it's probably because of shoddy programming and lack of caring on the devs part. but if something goes to Nintendo or becomes exclusive then it automatically is hated with a thousand fold. IE Bayonetta 2.

Im pretty sure lots of people were mad when Microsoft bought out Rare.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#19Sami1000Posted 12/9/2012 7:38:01 AM
What i just don't get is why there is so many retro gamers around who buy every single gaming system or buy 2000 usd gaming pc and play the same games over and over and over again and after wise start complaining how games were perfect 10 years ago and games today are crap.

I think its just that ¨grass is greener at the other side of the fence¨ effect. When you play modern games all the time or only single genre you get bored of it. When i played only with ps2 when it was still alive and well i wanted to play some modern fps games with maxed out settings but now days i miss ps2 more than anything.

Every human being has this black hole installed inside which prevents them from being ever fully satisfied with anything, especially gaming related.

Don't know if this has anything to do with the thread but i still felt like writing this lol.
#20DarkShadowRage(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:38:26 AM
_Candice_ posted...
DarkShadowRage posted...
_Candice_ posted...

Im pretty sure lots of people were mad when Microsoft bought out Rare.

Rare became a shell of it's former self by then, and it was actually nintendo's choice to let them go, if i recall MS already had bought like what 70% of their stock? or am I wrong? It's been a while.
---