And they say the wiiu is weaker than the ps3/360

#41pearl arowanaPosted 12/9/2012 1:06:06 PM
rofl

ps3/360 already done native 1080p in some games

3ds port in 1080p. rofl nothing to brag dude.

wii u is about the same power as ps3 and 360.. it just that right now wii u is like 160 million behind ps360 in userbase.

wii u future sure look bleak to me
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#42kyncaniPosted 12/9/2012 1:47:57 PM
Asuir posted...
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
kyncani posted...
So the nintendo console will still be left in the dust once again ? All the games were coming to all platforms, xbox 360, ps3 and pc while the wii had nothing; mine has been collecting dust since mario kart.
If the same thing happens with the wii u, I'm not getting one this time.

I can guarantee you that several great games, both 1st party and 3rd party, have come out since 2008.
Stop letting your wii down and go out and buy 'em!

The only game on the Wii that even remotely interested me was Brawl.
That's it. Do you understand what the feels like? To buy a console and, literally, only have one game interest you?

Two games could have interested me : skyward sword and xenoblade chronicles.
But those have come way too late and I've already played the first zelda, twilight princess I think it was, with the wiimote. It's just a bad controller. I'd rather pass.
I've tried mario galaxy too, played a few levels and just got bored.

It is quite disappointing to have a piece of plastic just for one game.
#43me1122(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 5:56:55 PM
Solis posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Actually, the Wii U doesn't have excessive manufacturing cost. The reason they went for more compact, more efficiency, lower power requirements, MCM, it's all in order to REDUCE costs. They even flat out say this in Iwata Asks. Remember, Nintendo builds to a budget as opposed to building to a spec and then pricing the system. Everything they do p, they do it with a price point in mind, Sony and MS target a spec sheet first and then work out the pricing afterwards.

Considering the Xbox 360 managed to perform similar to the Wii U at a lower manufacturing cost six years ago, I don't see how the Wii U's manufacturing cost can be considered anything but excessive. Not even the controller's features would explain the extreme cost difference.

You do make one good point however: Nintendo builds to a budget and then see what parts fit into that cost, rather than going parts that are actually cost efficient. More than likely, the Wii U could have been substantially more powerful with only a marginal increase to cost, and even those costs will certainly go down over the next year by the time other upcoming consoles are released.

This isn't the first time Nintendo has used technology which has been grossly inefficient when it comes to price/performance aspect, the Wii was over twice as expensive as it was supposed to be after all.

People seem to forget games are heavily optimized for the 360, and devs have had years to learn how to do it right. The wiiu just came out and they haven't all learned how to do it(heck batman and assign's creed aren't even programmed to use its memory properly) and the wiiu is already on the 360 ball park.

Plus the whole tablet controller, yeah thats free to produce, its not like nintendo has to ya know factor that in to the cost too.
#44kyncaniPosted 12/9/2012 6:21:45 PM(edited)
me1122 posted...
the wiiu is already on the 360 ball park.

"already" ? Not sure I would have used that word. The Xbox 360 is /seven/ years old. Anyway.
Will the Wii U be multiplatform with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, will it be multiplatform with the Xbox 720 and the PS4 or will it suffer the same game drought that the Wii has suffered ?
I have a Wii, useless piece of plastic. I am not going to buy a Wii U if it does not get any game.
#45me1122(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:23:02 PM
kyncani posted...
me1122 posted...

"already" ? Not sure I would have used that word. The Xbox 360 is /seven/ years old. Anyway.
Will the Wii U be multiplatform with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, will it be multiplatform with the Xbox 720 and the PS4 or will it suffer the same game drought that the Wii have suffered ?
I have a Wii, useless piece of plastic. I am not going to buy a Wii U if it does not get any game.

By already I meant that with all the optimization and such the 360 has it can only match the wiiu. When the wiiu has that level of optimization just think what it will be able to do.

Granted nothing from the next gen will be able to touch a pc so it doesn't mean much.
#46DemonDog666Posted 12/9/2012 6:26:04 PM
me1122 posted...
People seem to forget games are heavily optimized for the 360, and devs have had years to learn how to do it right. The wiiu just came out and they haven't all learned how to do it(heck batman and assign's creed aren't even programmed to use its memory properly) and the wiiu is already on the 360 ball park.

Plus the whole tablet controller, yeah thats free to produce, its not like nintendo has to ya know factor that in to the cost too.

People seem to forget wii had next to no optimization done because it was old tech that was easy to optimize for at the start and that wiiU is largely old tech as well.
#47kyncaniPosted 12/9/2012 7:40:37 PM
me1122 posted...
kyncani posted...
me1122 posted...

Will the Wii U be multiplatform with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, will it be multiplatform with the Xbox 720 and the PS4 or will it suffer the same game drought that the Wii have suffered ?

By already I meant that with all the optimization and such the 360 has it can only match the wiiu. When the wiiu has that level of optimization just think what it will be able to do.

Granted nothing from the next gen will be able to touch a pc so it doesn't mean much.

The pre- wii u situation is like this : xbox 360, ps3 and pc all share the same games while the wii is left alone and suck.
So what happens now : will the wii u share games with the xbox 360 and the ps3, will it share games with the xbox 720, ps4 and pc or will it just stay alone and suck much like the wii ?
And the pc is not one generation above everything; pc's are stuck with the current xbox 360 and ps3 consoles because there is not much reason to sell games to pc players only.
#48Fire_PloverPosted 12/9/2012 7:50:30 PM
kissdadookie posted...
digiblaster posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TKUKG posted...
It's all about 'dem grafix' to the kids. Forget gameplay or anything that really matters.

Sure, lets just play Atari games then

Gameplay is based on the developer, Graphics are determined by the hardware(Ya, I know the devs gotta put work in but their limit is based on hardware)

So why not get both, gameplay and graphics? Why would you not want both

Because money.

Nintendo already sell Wii U at a loss. If they pushed for a generational leap like MS/Sony did last time, the console would have to cost a fortune. Anybody thinking that the other next-gen consoles are going to be considerably more powerful and not cost an insane amount should step out of their little bubble and take a look at the real world.

Next MS and Sony boxes will be around 4-6 times more powerful thank current Wii U/PS360 and come in at about $400. So your assumptions are completely wrong. Let us do the math shall we?

You and I can build a budget gaming PC with off the shelf retail parts for about $500-$600. This would cost MS and Sony about half of that to make something similar into a console. So let us say it costs they $300 per machine. That still provides them with around $100 buffer. Keep in mind that they only need to break even or even take a little loss. Still, a $400 Sony and MS next gen box nets us the performance which comes in at around 4-6 times current Wii U/PS360 since that's the ballpark on performance for that $500-$600 budget gaming PC that you and I can go and build right now.

Remember, the 360 came in at around $400 on launch using commodity parts. The PS3 was a unique example at $600 due to the fact that Sony basically created the technologies used mostly from scratch (the PS3 costs Sony at launch around $900 per unit to produce, they took a $300 hit on each unit for a good long while, MS took a much smaller hit initially and in about a year or so, started to break even).

Also, let's face it, Nintendo isn't really taking a loss if it only takes one game purchase to turn a profit. They most likely stated that they will take a loss just so they can buffer the investor backlash if the Wii U underperforms financially, simple as that. They also most likely stated that they will take a loss just so they can have a reason not to end up with a 3DD type price drop situation.

You have to remember, Nintendo cares about their hardware margins because that makes up like 70-80 percent of their profits. MS and Sony make their profits on licensing. Two completely different business models.

Why do you compare every single post about the NextBox and PS4 being not that much more powerful than the Wii U to building a Gaming PC?

Building a Gaming PC =/= Building a console. Seriously, the comparison is getting old.
---
GoldenEye: Aether'/RC : 0953-0826-2559
http://www.youtube.com/aethergoldeneye | www.bushleaguegaming.com
#49SolisPosted 12/10/2012 12:56:48 AM
me1122 posted...
kyncani posted...
me1122 posted...

Actually going from what we've seen so far, the Xbox 360's games exceed the Wii U's overall in both performance and visual capabilities. In fact the Xbox 360 has several examples of games that the Wii U simply has no match for on a technical level yet.

So presumably once the Wii U is "optimized" for (which I think most people are being far too hopeful over), it will eventually be able to reach the Xbox 360 in game performance, and perhaps exceed it to a marginal degree, but probably not much more. I don't think the Wii U will be wholly superior to the Xbox 360 in all situations however; there are probably some things that the Xbox 360 can do that the Wii U will struggle at, and vice versa. Each platform has specific strengths.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#50pearl arowanaPosted 12/10/2012 3:19:53 AM
Solis posted...
me1122 posted...
kyncani posted...
me1122 posted...

Actually going from what we've seen so far, the Xbox 360's games exceed the Wii U's overall in both performance and visual capabilities. In fact the Xbox 360 has several examples of games that the Wii U simply has no match for on a technical level yet.

So presumably once the Wii U is "optimized" for (which I think most people are being far too hopeful over), it will eventually be able to reach the Xbox 360 in game performance, and perhaps exceed it to a marginal degree, but probably not much more. I don't think the Wii U will be wholly superior to the Xbox 360 in all situations however; there are probably some things that the Xbox 360 can do that the Wii U will struggle at, and vice versa. Each platform has specific strengths.

true. right now. looking at games. 360 hand down win on performance over wii u.
thanks to wii u abysmal spec :(
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]