DF Darksiders 2 Face Off. PS3 vs 360 vs Wii U version

#41TangoBunnyPosted 12/9/2012 4:01:34 PM
DiaperDandee posted...
I swear websites comparing the different versions of the games has been one of the top 5 worst things to spawn from the 360/PS3 gen. It has spawned this douchey way of thinking. The Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2 gen didn't have nearly as many topics and most people didn't care nearly as much.

If you think back to games like RE4, there were a lot of people caring that the PS2 version wasn't as good on a technical level to the Gamecube version. Plus, when people had both consoles, people wanted to know which was the better platform to get the game on.

I really like Digital Foundry for showing these kinds of comparisons on a technical level, because now I know that if I want it on a console, the 360/PS3 version is the one to get. Without that site, I might have gotten the WiiU version, and not known about the removed scenery until I had already bought it.
---
Female pronouns are appreciated when responding to this user's posts! ~ http://tangobunny.webs.com
#42Silent Sniper IVPosted 12/9/2012 5:10:23 PM
DiaperDandee posted...
I swear websites comparing the different versions of the games has been one of the top 5 worst things to spawn from the 360/PS3 gen. It has spawned this douchey way of thinking. The Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2 gen didn't have nearly as many topics and most people didn't care nearly as much.

If we didn't have these websites doing "face-offs" (I'm guessing it started because they had nothing better to do for business at the moment) then nobody would care. People show these videos like it is some big deal and the fact is that with most the games people wouldn't notice a difference between the two unless they are side by side.

People have been doing this since at least the 16 bit era. You don't remember all the EGM "side by sides"? People who own multiplat want to buy the superior version Nothing wrong with that.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#43IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/9/2012 5:29:20 PM

If we didn't have these websites doing "face-offs" (I'm guessing it started because they had nothing better to do for business at the moment) then nobody would care. People show these videos like it is some big deal and the fact is that with most the games people wouldn't notice a difference between the two unless they are side by side.

You're clearly new to gaming, as these types of things have always been going on.
#44DaLaggaPosted 12/9/2012 5:54:25 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
It has been confirmed its better. Look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUC8Qe4FsL4

The reason why all the ports are shoddy is the developers themselves. Assassin's Creed 3 has been said to run similar. Stop acting like everything is the console's fault

Where are these so called better graphics? They aren't demonstrated in your video, so stop posting it. What we do know though is that the framerate of the Wii U version is abysmal. And yes, it is the hardware. If it were one game, you may have a point. But there's far too many instances of the Wii U struggling for that to be the case.
#45overkillwfo1978Posted 12/9/2012 5:54:37 PM
I own this game on the 360 and PC (bought it for 360 before I had my rig built... and here's how this goes in terms of quality:

PC Max>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 360>PS3>Wii U.

The differences between consoles requires a magnifying glass to see. 90% of people wouldn't even be able to notice any differences.... Then you have the PC version, 1080p native 60fps with full AA and everything else maxed out. The difference is night and day.

Arguing console spec differences is like arguing who has a shinier penny when the PC is standing in the corner with a briefcase full of 100s.
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U
#46IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/9/2012 5:55:58 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
It has been confirmed its better. Look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUC8Qe4FsL4

The reason why all the ports are shoddy is the developers themselves. Assassin's Creed 3 has been said to run similar. Stop acting like everything is the console's fault

Where are these so called better graphics? They aren't demonstrated in your video, so stop posting it. What we do know though is that the framerate of the Wii U version is abysmal. And yes, it is the hardware. If it were one game, you may have a point. But there's far too many instances of the Wii U struggling for that to be the case.

Don't bother, these guys have utterly convinced themselves that Razors Edge actually looks better (when it actually doesn't) :/
#47Canas_RenvallPosted 12/9/2012 6:07:26 PM
I won't comment on the article to stay as unbiased as possible.

I just came in to call out Icecreamdunwich on his incredibly passive-aggressive attitude. You wonder why everyone gets upset with you. It's not because they're "fanboys" or "trolls" or "fantrolls". Heck, it's not even your opinions. It's how you present your opinions.

Me personally? I don't have an issue with it because I tend to stay out of these things. But (and I know this is gonna go in one ear and out the other) I think if you were to be (extremely) way less passive-aggressive, people might be more inclined to listen to you. You come off as insulting, and that's why people get mad at you.

Unless that's your intended modus operandi, in which case congratulations, it works. :P
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#48IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/9/2012 6:09:53 PM
I won't comment on the article to stay as unbiased as possible.

I just came in to call out Icecreamdunwich on his incredibly passive-aggressive attitude. You wonder why everyone gets upset with you. It's not because they're "fanboys" or "trolls" or "fantrolls". Heck, it's not even your opinions. It's how you present your opinions.

Me personally? I don't have an issue with it because I tend to stay out of these things. But (and I know this is gonna go in one ear and out the other) I think if you were to be (extremely) way less passive-aggressive, people might be more inclined to listen to you. You come off as insulting, and that's why people get mad at you.

Unless that's your intended modus operandi, in which case congratulations, it works. :P

How am I passive aggressive...?
#49Canas_RenvallPosted 12/9/2012 6:37:31 PM
Well, from what I've seen at least, you come off like... here, see if you notice the difference.

"The results show that the Wii U version is missing some scenery and stuff. That's pretty lame."

Vs.

"Looks like the Wii U version is inferior. Wonder when the NDF is gonna come in, lol"

Putting aside the fact that aside from some fairly minor differences they're identical (not to dispute the issues in the article of course, that's the point of a comparison), instead of stating the facts, you always seem to add in that little extra jab or insult toward Nintendo fans.

Now, normally that wouldn't be an issue, except when you get into a dispute with someone you always get high and mighty, and extremely condescending. That's what really gets under my skin, even as normally just a lurker. Instead of just getting through a debate, you dismiss the other person with phrases like "Looks like I'm right, sorry breh :\" or "Oh look, another fantroll, lol". Stuff like that, the little things that make you look completely condescending.

It's just a trend I've noticed, and if that's not your intention then basically disregard this, but I think if you were to cut down on the "fantroll" this and "breh :\" that and what-have-you, people would listen to you more. Just some friendly advice. :)
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#50IcedEarthaholicPosted 12/9/2012 6:42:54 PM
Actually Razor's Edge looks much better. Abysmal frame rate? The game runs as smooth as silk 95% of the time when I play it. Also I failed to find jaggies or any of that crap. Dismemberment alone makes the game look far better than the PS3/360 original. What nonsense, and garbage to say it looks worse when it really doesn't at all. Razor's Edge is proof you can turn a turd into a gem.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973