How will the Wii U be remembered ?

#11MathewMansonPosted 12/9/2012 5:41:28 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Vincent_Core posted...
Normal people: a failed gimmick

Nintendrones: the greatest device ever created.

It's rather successful at the moment...and "normal people"? The average person would see Nintendo as a successful and well known company--quality products. I find it to be hilarious that as soon as Nintendo does something, the other companies go out and do it. Sega makes a controller with more buttons, Sony rips off the design of the SNES controller completely, then use analog sticks after the N64 is released. The 360 and PS3 both decide to go into motion gaming after the so called "failure" that the Wii apparently is. Sony comes out with a crappy rip-off of Smash Bros. I can see the Wii mote being a gimmick...though how is a controller with a screen a gimmick of the same category? May as well call everything a gimmick.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#12trenkenPosted 12/9/2012 5:42:39 PM
PokeLord473 posted...
trenken posted...
BTW this is a pattern for Nintendo.

Revolutions:
NES, N64, Wii

Evolutions:
SNES, GC, U

I'm certain that the next console in 5 years or so will be something very new and exciting.

The WiiU actually falls into the Revolution group:

NES, N64, GC (let's face it, big jump from N64 to GC), WiiU

The Wii was little more than GC hardware with motion controls. WiiU is a more significant jump above the GC IMO. I'm just comparing the WiiU to other Nintendo consoles, too, not Sony or MS.

Yeah it's pretty obvious that you just dont get it. The Wii completely changes how you play games and spread across to both Sony and MS. That kinda qualifies it as a revolution.

Only jump from the N64 to the GC was graphical quality. The GC didnt change the way anyone plays games, so its just an evolution of the N64. Pretty easy to understand.

And the U is still heavily based on the Wii's concept, but just better graphics and a controller with a screen on it, which was taken from the concept of the DS. That doesnt qualify as a revolution. I hope you understand that the U is a console version of the DS, something that came out 7 or 8 years ago.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#13plasmatic5Posted 12/9/2012 6:01:07 PM
MathewManson posted...
May as well call everything a gimmick.

In today's world, people would like to believe that EVERYTHING they don't like is a gimmick.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#14decolley25Posted 12/9/2012 6:33:06 PM
trenken posted...
PokeLord473 posted...
trenken posted...
BTW this is a pattern for Nintendo.

Revolutions:
NES, N64, Wii

Evolutions:
SNES, GC, U

I'm certain that the next console in 5 years or so will be something very new and exciting.

The WiiU actually falls into the Revolution group:

NES, N64, GC (let's face it, big jump from N64 to GC), WiiU

The Wii was little more than GC hardware with motion controls. WiiU is a more significant jump above the GC IMO. I'm just comparing the WiiU to other Nintendo consoles, too, not Sony or MS.

Yeah it's pretty obvious that you just dont get it. The Wii completely changes how you play games and spread across to both Sony and MS. That kinda qualifies it as a revolution.

Only jump from the N64 to the GC was graphical quality. The GC didnt change the way anyone plays games, so its just an evolution of the N64. Pretty easy to understand.

And the U is still heavily based on the Wii's concept, but just better graphics and a controller with a screen on it, which was taken from the concept of the DS. That doesnt qualify as a revolution. I hope you understand that the U is a console version of the DS, something that came out 7 or 8 years ago.

Yeah, I have to agree with Trenken here. Pokelord, you are ignoring the original argument and just sort of alluded to how the GC was a huge leap from the N64.
---
My side, your side, my side, your side...