Question about the Wii classic controller...

#1goemon1977Posted 12/9/2012 6:09:08 PM
I want to get MH Tri and the old classic controller for the Wii. Does my Wii U support the use of the classic wii controller? I mean can I plug it in? :P
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#2mhunterchumpPosted 12/9/2012 6:16:29 PM
Wii's Monster Hunter TRI uses all the same controllers on the Wii U that the game used on the Wii.

In fact MH3U, the Wii U Monster Hunter game coming out in March 2013 also allows the use of the Wii's Classic Controller Pro as well as every other Wii and Wii U controller.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#3Aaron44126Posted 12/9/2012 6:17:37 PM
You can use the classic controller on any Wii games that support it. The controller must be connected to a Wii remote so you'll need one of those too. (Wii U "Pro controllers" don't work with Wii games. Make sure you get a *classic* controller.)
#4bskiffingtonPosted 12/9/2012 6:18:28 PM
Oh, make sure its a Motion Plus remote as well. Regular Wiimotes without it won't connect
#5goemon1977(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:19:14 PM
ahhh awesome! so I already have the wii mote with motion plus built in, so I can get the old wii controller classic and plug it into the wiimote? nice.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#6mhunterchumpPosted 12/9/2012 6:21:17 PM
goemon1977 posted...
ahhh awesome! so I already have the wii mote with motion plus built in, so I can get the old wii controller classic and plug it into the wiimote? nice.

Correct, I played Monster Hunter TRI on my Wii U last night using the Wiimote with the CCP connected to it.
---
#7goemon1977(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:24:18 PM
mhunterchump posted...
goemon1977 posted...

Correct, I played Monster Hunter TRI on my Wii U last night using the Wiimote with the CCP connected to it.

this is great news! also great to hear that the old wii classic controller can work with MH Ultimate! Although I'm curious to see how it would handle with the wii u gamepad. Thanks for all of your help everyone!
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#8Thunderbird8Posted 12/9/2012 6:38:52 PM
bskiffington posted...
Oh, make sure its a Motion Plus remote as well. Regular Wiimotes without it won't connect

Original remotes without MotionPlus can connect just fine.
#9bskiffingtonPosted 12/9/2012 6:48:43 PM
Thunderbird8 posted...
bskiffington posted...

Are yo sure? I was unable to connect my regular Wiimote but my Motion Plus connected perfectly.
#10mhunterchumpPosted 12/9/2012 6:51:27 PM
bskiffington posted...
Thunderbird8 posted...
bskiffington posted...

Are yo sure? I was unable to connect my regular Wiimote but my Motion Plus connected perfectly.

Yes, I can verify this. They connect fine and work for all Wii mode. They don;t work for some Wii U games though so you'll have to test them for each game.

It's better to buy Wiimote pluses from now on though because they work for everything but the old ones work for all the basic menus and Wii mode also.
---