I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#1MarioMan847Posted 12/9/2012 7:45:01 PM
I mean seriously, it's been 6 years and people are STILL bashing it even after the release of the Wii U. The graphics don't matter because the developers found good ways to cope with it (I'm referring to the GOOD 3rd party games, not the bad ones). There's a lot of shovelware, but there are SO many good games on the Wii to the point where the amount of bad games doesn't even matter - just like the PS2. Motion control was a lot of fun and it didn't get in the way of the core gaming experience at all. And stop acting like friend codes abused your family members, because they DIDN'T.

I've been defending the Wii for a long time, and it's honestly stupid that I have to defend it in the first place. It's different from other Nintendo consoles, but we NEEDED that innovation for consoles to continue thrive. And quite frankly, the innovation that the console has benefited it if ya ask me.

I know I'm not changing anyone's opinion here, I honestly just wanna let my anger out. I love the Wii, dang it..... >_<
---
Video games are awesome.
#2RetroFanGirlPosted 12/9/2012 7:50:34 PM
The original Wii had more games worth buying. 360/PS3 just had a bunch of inferior versions of games on PC. Littered with one or two exclusives not worth buying a system for.
---
Hi.
#3Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/9/2012 7:51:13 PM
Wii, like the PS2, had proven to be a better system than those dumbed-down, inferior HD consoles.
#4protect_badgersPosted 12/9/2012 7:53:11 PM
Tc, I like to eat Doritos, drink Mountain Dew Game Fuel and play COD on line with my welfare money.

So no, I cannot say I agree with you.

Obama FTW!
---
Former Pony, but now its time to switch horses midstream.......Miyamoto knows games are not art - so whats your problem?
#5teh1337gosuPosted 12/9/2012 7:56:03 PM
Wii started off slow, has ungodly shovelware, but IMO has far better exclusives than ps3/360.

The multiplatform games don't exist understandably, but the console had a great vc, skyward sword, smg2 and xenoblade. It's a fantastic console in retrospect.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#6WalkingLobstersPosted 12/9/2012 7:58:31 PM
The original Wii had more games worth buying. 360/PS3 just had a bunch of inferior versions of games on PC. Littered with one or two exclusives not worth buying a system for.

lol, u do know that most of those games were developed for the 360/ps3 and then ported to the PC? Often times the ports were horrible optimized.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/5l6hsj.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/11989xv.jpg
Starcraft 2 Username = Gears
#7Godstriker8Posted 12/9/2012 7:59:18 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not pretend the Wii was anywhere close to PS2's level.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#8Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/9/2012 8:01:46 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not pretend the Wii was anywhere close to PS2's level.

It was far closer than those gimmicky overpriced HD consoles.
#9StopthinkPosted 12/9/2012 8:07:05 PM
No, no it wasn't. The Wii's library was a wasteland. The other 2 are still going strong. Nintendo had to release another console just to keep everyone's attention.
---
imo for the tight asses
#10Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/9/2012 8:09:14 PM
Stopthink posted...
No, no it wasn't. The Wii's library was a wasteland. The other 2 are still going strong. Nintendo had to release another console just to keep everyone's attention.

Xbox 360 is a cheap imitation PC. PS3 is the PS2's bloated stillborn brother. Why waste money on such overpriced game systems with inferior games?