I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#111omescythePosted 12/9/2012 11:09:54 PM
anyone else notice that the people who say wii isn't that great have specific detailed reasons and those that say the wii is great only say the reason it great is that its great. you would think those who think that wii is great would be able to give specific detailed reasons.
#112RE4_FanPosted 12/9/2012 11:13:24 PM
RevolutionV posted...
You guys can't be serious about comparing the Wii to the PS3/360? Those who have tons of great games, just look at the percentage of great games they have as opposed what the Wii has. No question that Wii has some really good games, Mario Galaxy comes to mind, but it's nowhere near what other consoles have done. I started this gen as a Wii-only owner, but quickly realized how inferior the console was at all levels, not just graphics. I bough a PS3 less than a year later, and I sold my Wii about three years ago. I never looked back. I was interested in the Next Nintendo console, but the Wii U just doesn't cut it for me. Let be real people.

Same. Got my Wii on launch day and bought a 360 the next year to get all the games Wii was missing out on =)
#113nintendogamer13Posted 12/9/2012 11:15:29 PM
I owned a wii for like a year. Yep......good times (not)
#114IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/9/2012 11:18:12 PM
omescythe posted...
anyone else notice that the people who say wii isn't that great have specific detailed reasons and those that say the wii is great only say the reason it great is that its great. you would think those who think that wii is great would be able to give specific detailed reasons.

They can't because it is not. It's like trying to name the good memorable points of the Star Wars prequels.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#115gecko_man2Posted 12/9/2012 11:24:21 PM
protect_badgers posted...
Tc, I like to eat Doritos, drink Mountain Dew Game Fuel and play COD on line with my welfare money.

So no, I cannot say I agree with you.

Obama FTW!

Yeah this is about the intelligence level i'd expect from a wii player.
---
"Well maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again. I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, dont think so."
#116KenjiRyuyaPosted 12/9/2012 11:36:52 PM
Sorry, but Wii downgraded everything in so many ways. graphics were horrible, and, for some games, fell past even their prequels (example Samurai Warriors 3, worse graphics than the first one, and incredibly glitchy). Graphics can, of course, be dealt with, considering i still play ps1 and original nintendo games. but the controls are terrible. the wiimote does not react to movement correctly. and before anyone points out that we can use other controllers for some games, let me point out that... WTF is the point of that anyways? buying a copy of some old school controller because the real one doesn't work for what you are doing is completely defeating the purpose of playing the console. thats like buying a ps3 and using a mouse and keyboard to play your games. Put simply, Wii, as a console, can't even compare to PS2 and original XBOX(which i hated). the idea that someone could say it was 'successful' makes no sense to me. the game library was filled with crappy sports games and terribly done sequels to amazing series that all but killed most sagas.
#117RevolutionVPosted 12/9/2012 11:36:54 PM
Yeah, I didn't sell my Wii till several years into its life cycle. I did try a lot of the "good games", but there simply weren't that many, and a lot of the were not very good compared to some of the AAA titles on the PS3. Heck, even a lot of the PSN games were better. Again, I'm not saying there were "NO GOOD GAMES" at all; there were some great ones, but too few and too far in between. Also, the multi-plat games were awful.

When the 360/Wii/PS3 came out, I worked at at a local videogame store, called Game Crazy. I was working on my undergrad, and that was one of my part-time jobs. I thought that the Wii would be great because it was cheap, promising, innovative, and it was a Nintendo console. I was wrong to a certain degree. I could not continue to deny myself from playing the great games that were being released in the much more impressive PS3. 360 games were also cool, but I was not too much into shooter, and the PS3 had a much more diverse library. Wii, was total mess and a disappointment in my opinion.

Oh, and HD being a gimmick? Really? LO F--ing L.
#118gecko_man2Posted 12/9/2012 11:41:44 PM
Well, i just got through the whole topic.

I was kidding about the wii players being right wing dummies, but oh man, strong with the butthurt this topic is.
---
"Well maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again. I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, dont think so."
#119Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/9/2012 11:44:09 PM
RevolutionV posted...
Oh, and HD being a gimmick? Really? LO F--ing L.

It must be seeing as how so many RPGs went to non-HD handhelds instead of the HD consoles.
#120MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 11:47:50 PM
Yep, it's all the same generic complaints. Ya know, it makes me wonder what "good games" people actually tried before "giving up" on the Wii and "moving on" to the "superior" HD consoles. I mean honestly, the more I enjoy the Wii the more I wonder why it's so "bad" in the first place. The quotations are there for a reason. lol

Oh wait, most of you have never even played a lot of the great titles on Wii. Well now, that explains it.
---
Video games are awesome.