I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#121KenjiRyuyaPosted 12/9/2012 11:49:01 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Yep, it's all the same generic complaints. Ya know, it makes me wonder what "good games" people actually tried before "giving up" on the Wii and "moving on" to the "superior" HD consoles. I mean honestly, the more I enjoy the Wii the more I wonder why it's so "bad" in the first place. The quotations are there for a reason. lol

Oh wait, most of you have never even played a lot of the great titles on Wii. Well now, that explains it.

okay so list these 'great' titles
#122RevolutionVPosted 12/9/2012 11:50:01 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
RevolutionV posted...
Oh, and HD being a gimmick? Really? LO F--ing L.

It must be seeing as how so many RPGs went to non-HD handhelds instead of the HD consoles.

I don't see your connection to my comment. But I do know that a lot of RPGs did go the PSP and some to the DS. However, not many of those ended up on the Wii, which should have been a good fit for lower budget games. Still, the PS3 and 360 got RPGs like Fallout 3/NV, and Oblivion/Skyrim and others, and they look awesome on HD TVs. When I first got my 1080p HDTV, and I started playing Oblivion, I was in awe. Then games like Uncharted, Fallout and Skyrim came out and they are stunning in full HD. Heck, even Mario Galaxy 1/2 looked amazing on HD TV, that was a great looking game.
#123syaugust8Posted 12/10/2012 12:12:01 AM
And I'M sick and tired of EVERYONE acting like their opinion matters! Oh, wait...
#124jojobinksPosted 12/10/2012 12:26:46 AM
Really, I'd say it came down to the games we could call gems. Many games were tailored to the whole family, or elderly people, or the fitness savvy.

But there were definently games on the Wii that made me love the system. And as for graphics? I still play my N64, even though most games look like **** on it these days.
#125MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 12:27:50 AM
Okay, I'll list all of the amazing Wii titles out there! :D

Assassin's Creed (series)
Mass Effect (series)
Dead Space (series)
Left 4 Dead (series)
Portal (series)
Borderlands (series)
BioShock (series)
Dark Souls
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Resident Evil 5
Darksiders
Battlefield 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout 3

Man, look at all of those good ga-..... Oh never mind, those games are on the Wii so they're automatically bad.

Do you get the joke? It should be pretty obvious why I'm not making any Wii game lists. Unfortunately, I have way too much experience with this Wii defending crap. >_>
---
Video games are awesome.
#126Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/10/2012 12:29:14 AM
RevolutionV posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
RevolutionV posted...

It must be seeing as how so many RPGs went to non-HD handhelds instead of the HD consoles.

I don't see your connection to my comment. But I do know that a lot of RPGs did go the PSP and some to the DS. However, not many of those ended up on the Wii, which should have been a good fit for lower budget games. Still, the PS3 and 360 got RPGs like Fallout 3/NV, and Oblivion/Skyrim and others, and they look awesome on HD TVs. When I first got my 1080p HDTV, and I started playing Oblivion, I was in awe. Then games like Uncharted, Fallout and Skyrim came out and they are stunning in full HD. Heck, even Mario Galaxy 1/2 looked amazing on HD TV, that was a great looking game.

For those RPGs you mentioned, I'd only play them on PC (and have). Perhaps I should clarify that I meant turn-based RPGs like from PS2-era. Even if it were something like Persona 4 Golden; while not my first choice, I'd still rather play that than 70% of the Wii U's launch titles.
#127kjhoveyPosted 12/10/2012 12:30:34 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
kjhovey posted...
Yeah, it really just depends on how important certain multi-plat games are for people.

Until I see something like Persona 4 Golden or another turn-based JRPG get a multi-platform release on Wii U, I see no reason to care.

Why the hell did you quote me? That had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Also, why would you compare the Vita to the Wii U? Compare it to the DS/3DS... which will get turn based JRPGs.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#128RevolutionVPosted 12/10/2012 12:33:05 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
RevolutionV posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
RevolutionV posted...

For those RPGs you mentioned, I'd only play them on PC (and have). Perhaps I should clarify that I meant turn-based RPGs like from PS2-era. Even if it were something like Persona 4 Golden; while not my first choice, I'd still rather play that than 70% of the Wii U's launch titles.

I agree with you, completely. I like turn-based RPGs too, but I also really enjoy WRPGs. I know that the PC version are great, but nothing beats playing in on the big screen TV for me; that's just me though.
#129Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/10/2012 12:34:35 AM
kjhovey posted...
Also, why would you compare the Vita to the Wii U? Compare it to the DS/3DS... which will get turn based JRPGs.

Vita costs about the same as the Wii U (when you factor in the memory cards). In contrast, I only paid $200 for a 3DS XL. And further, that illustrates my point: what good are HD systems if they don't have JRPGs anymore?
#130AugustDreamingPosted 12/10/2012 12:38:39 AM
Agreed TC.
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams