I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#131The_Mighty_KELPPosted 12/9/2012 11:41:40 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...
360/PS3 just had a bunch of inferior versions of games on PC.

DISCLAIMER: I realize I'm responding to a troll post, but...

Reality would like to have a word with you.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#132kjhoveyPosted 12/9/2012 11:43:12 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
kjhovey posted...
Also, why would you compare the Vita to the Wii U? Compare it to the DS/3DS... which will get turn based JRPGs.

Vita costs about the same as the Wii U (when you factor in the memory cards). In contrast, I only paid $200 for a 3DS XL. And further, that illustrates my point: what good are HD systems if they don't have JRPGs anymore?

HD doesn't have anything to do with that. I don't get your point >_>. Besides that, there are JRPGs in HD.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#133gamebuyer22Posted 12/9/2012 11:53:24 PM(edited)
Icecreamdunwich posted...
The Wii was absolute garbage. There is about 15 'must have' titles on it. Anyone who says otherwise clearly only owned a Wii.

Prove me wrong, I dare you.

I agree. If people only bought "real games" on the Wii they could only maybe find 10-20. By real games i mean games that aren't minigame, party games, mario sports titles, licensed crap, game that require tacked on broken motion controls. Which basically makes 95% of the Wii library disqualified for me.

Games i own. I own these be have hardly played because my backlog of Ps3 and 360 is pretty big.
Rhythm Heaven Fever (was $5)
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword (may never play it)
Zack and Wiki
Prime Trilogy
Other M
Mario Galaxy 1
Sin Punishment
Smash Bros
Crystal Bearers
Last Story (have played for couple hours and game literally hurts my eyes, on HD through component looks really bad)

Games i wanna get
Punchout
Fragile Dreams
Boy and his Blob
Muramasa
Galaxy 2
DKCR
Maybe Sonic Colors

I cant find any other games id want. On Ps1 or PS2 you could own atleast 50 great games. Even GC and Xbox had more must own games than Wii. It really boggles the mind that some people think the Wii was a great system. Worst library of any mainstream console ever.
#134LordcrabfoodPosted 12/9/2012 11:51:32 PM
There is a reason the terms shovel ware and gimmick became synonymous with the wii.
#135EarthViperPosted 12/10/2012 12:03:34 AM
So much dumb in this thread...from both sides...it's making my head spin.

Wii doesn't suck nor is it anywhere near the PS2. It has lots of shovelware and missed a ton of superb multiplatform games that the PS360 used to compile considerably more well rounded libraries but the psuedo hardcore will always underestimate the quantity and quality of it's great games.
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.
#136lonlonmilkloverPosted 12/10/2012 12:07:44 AM
Stopthink posted...
No, no it wasn't. The Wii's library was a wasteland. The other 2 are still going strong. Nintendo had to release another console just to keep everyone's attention.

Follow the advice of your username. I have been gaming since I was 5, own and love over 22 consoles, and the Xbox 360/PS3 are by far my two least favorite consoles. Why? Exclusive games. Wii's selection is far from a wasteland. Try a few in my list:

http://www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
---
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
#137jastenPosted 12/10/2012 12:14:09 AM
Third party support was terrible and I have found that most of their first party games have become extremely stagnant.

I mostly use Wii as a Gamecube now... won't say it was a complete waste though. Xenoblade, Shattered Memories, and Dawn of a new World were all fun. Need to try Last Story still...
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#138kjhoveyPosted 12/10/2012 12:18:25 AM
jasten posted...
Third party support was terrible and I have found that most of their first party games have become extremely stagnant.

I mostly use Wii as a Gamecube now... won't say it was a complete waste though. Xenoblade, Shattered Memories, and Dawn of a new World were all fun. Need to try Last Story still...

I personally thought Dawn of the New World should have been so much better =/. It honestly felt like a money grabber seeing how ToS did so well.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#139TMW001Posted 12/10/2012 12:23:50 AM(edited)
EarthViper posted...
So much dumb in this thread...from both sides...it's making my head spin.

Wii doesn't suck nor is it anywhere near the PS2. It has lots of shovelware and missed a ton of superb multiplatform games that the PS360 used to compile considerably more well rounded libraries but the psuedo hardcore will always underestimate the quantity and quality of it's great games.

Out of all the comments I read through this is the most logical.
#140jastenPosted 12/10/2012 12:25:57 AM
kjhovey posted...
jasten posted...

I personally thought Dawn of the New World should have been so much better =/. It honestly felt like a money grabber seeing how ToS did so well.

I enjoyed the story and characters, and for me that is a huge chunk of what I want from games. So even though there were some minor flaws, I was more than happy.

And that is probably why I don't like the Wii or Nintendo games that much anymore... the stories and characters are just too thin for my tastes.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts