I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#21DemonDog666Posted 12/9/2012 8:22:32 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Stopthink posted...
No, no it wasn't. The Wii's library was a wasteland. The other 2 are still going strong. Nintendo had to release another console just to keep everyone's attention.

Skyward Sword? Monster Hunter 3? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? Red Steel 2? No More Heroes? Little King's Story? Marumasa: The Demon Blade? Sorry, the Wii has too many good games for me to take statements like that seriously.

I played the no more heroes demo on ps3, it's not a good game, maybe by wii standards but not ps3 standards, the other games you listed are pretty weak as well. There are more good games on ps3 in one year then wii has total.
#22DemonDog666Posted 12/9/2012 8:23:26 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
So I'm a troll because I thought the HD twins were rip-offs?

Sony did everything in their power to alienate and insult me as a customer; if they at least attempted to restore PS2 compatibility, I would've at least considered buying a PS3. So I suggest you fanboys keep your smug consumerist attitude to yourself.

If you and others bought a ps3 when it had ps2 bc they wouldn't have removed it.
#23MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:25:52 PM
RevolutionV posted...
You guys can't be serious about comparing the Wii to the PS3/360? Those who have tons of great games, just look at the percentage of great games they have as opposed what the Wii has. No question that Wii has some really good games, Mario Galaxy comes to mind, but it's nowhere near what other consoles have done. I started this gen as a Wii-only owner, but quickly realized how inferior the console was at all levels, not just graphics. I bough a PS3 less than a year later, and I sold my Wii about three years ago. I never looked back. I was interested in the Next Nintendo console, but the Wii U just doesn't cut it for me. Let be real people.

The Wii has just as many, if not more good games than the PS3 and 360 does. I've heard billions of stories of people selling their Wii's because it apparently "has no games". When the truth is, they saw all the shovelware, assumed that the system had no games and sold it without even giving it a second thought. I'm not biased, the PS3 and 360 are good too - but throwing the Wii out of the equation is just unfair because it showed the same amount, if not MORE quality than what the HD consoles showed. I'm not sure why, but the good games on Wii are hidden.... If you can ignore the shovelware and appreciate all of the good that the Wii DOES have to offer, you (and so many other people) would like it just as much as I do.
---
Video games are awesome.
#24MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:35:10 PM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
I played the no more heroes demo on ps3, it's not a good game, maybe by wii standards but not ps3 standards, the other games you listed are pretty weak as well. There are more good games on ps3 in one year then wii has total.

No More Heroes 2 was better than the first one, and it wasn't on PS3. But that's besides the point. The PS3 has a lot of good games, but there's nothing engraved in stone saying that the Wii doesn't have good games of it's own. And that statement that you made automatically proves that you're not even aware of a lot of the good that the Wii has to offer.
---
Video games are awesome.
#25MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:34:36 PM
Also, this has nothing to do with the PS3 and 360 being bad consoles or anything, because they're not. The Wii is an awesome console too though and it simply doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
---
Video games are awesome.
#26StopthinkPosted 12/9/2012 8:36:13 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Stopthink posted...
No, no it wasn't. The Wii's library was a wasteland. The other 2 are still going strong. Nintendo had to release another console just to keep everyone's attention.

Skyward Sword? Monster Hunter 3? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? Red Steel 2? No More Heroes? Little King's Story? Marumasa: The Demon Blade? Sorry, the Wii has too many good games for me to take statements like that seriously.

What's not to take seriously? You had to strain yourself just to remember 7 decent games. But don't bother listing anymore. Everyone has already been through this before.

Nintendrone creates list of 40 games, half of which are garbage
Objective multi-console owner points to metacritic which lists hundreds of 80+ games the Wii doesn't have
Nintendrone states multiplatform titles don't matter despite multiplatform titles being a legitimate part of any console's library
Nintendrone states metacritic doesn't matter because it doesn't support their position
Nintendrone rants about shooters
Objective people laugh at Nintendrone
Topic is forgotten

See, I just saved us some time.
---
imo for the tight asses
#27Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/9/2012 8:39:48 PM
Did TC compare the wiis library to the PS2?

LMAO!
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#28DemonDog666Posted 12/9/2012 8:40:57 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
No More Heroes 2 was better than the first one, and it wasn't on PS3. But that's besides the point. The PS3 has a lot of good games, but there's nothing engraved in stone saying that the Wii doesn't have good games of it's own. And that statement that you made automatically proves that you're not even aware of a lot of the good that the Wii has to offer.

I never said it didn't have good games, I said it had very few and way less then ps3.
#29MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:44:58 PM
Stopthink posted...
What's not to take seriously? You had to strain yourself just to remember 7 decent games. But don't bother listing anymore. Everyone has already been through this before.

Nintendrone creates list of 40 games, half of which are garbage
Objective multi-console owner points to metacritic which lists hundreds of 80+ games the Wii doesn't have
Nintendrone states multiplatform titles don't matter despite multiplatform titles being a legitimate part of any console's library
Nintendrone states metacritic doesn't matter because it doesn't support their position
Nintendrone rants about shooters
Objective people laugh at Nintendrone
Topic is forgotten

See, I just saved us some time.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not a fanboy because I like the other consoles too. Heck, even I admit that constant hate going around about shooters is getting old.
---
Video games are awesome.
#30schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 8:45:17 PM
The wii was horrible I owned one for only 6 months, I had to sell it due to the lack of mature games and good graphics.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent